U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,870,117 times

Advertisements

Report: More Brazilian, Dominican Immigrants Than Previously Thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,459,112 times
Im not surprised. Since when have we addressed any of the illegals here, You hear the LIETEENOS crying about why they dont want to have to obey our laws because there are zillions more of them here. Treat all the same,,,arrest and deport them as the laws says.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,870,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Im not surprised. Since when have we addressed any of the illegals here, You hear the LIETEENOS crying about why they dont want to have to obey our laws because there are zillions more of them here. Treat all the same,,,arrest and deport them as the laws says.

The Brazilians don't have the same stolen land argument but they have the same sense of entitlement and then some.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,662,276 times
Quote:
The 51-year-old Brazilian man came with plans to stay here for up to six years to save enough money to buy a house in Brazil, two cars for his daughters and secure a life back home.
But after three years of calling Framingham home, the man has decided to go back to Brazil with only part of his dreams fulfilled mainly because, he said, living as an illegal immigrant doesn't pay off anymore.
"It's not worth it," said the man, who doesn't want to be identified for fear of deportation. "It was good when I first got here, when the money I made here had more value back home. Now it's not worth all the suffering. That's why I'm leaving."
He is not the only one.
Across MetroWest and the Milford area, many Brazilian immigrants are packing their belongings and leaving for good as they grow tired of immigration crackdowns, increasing demands from employers to produce working papers, and the worsening exchange rate between the dollar and Brazil's currency, the real.
Worried, frustrated immigrants headed back home to Brazil - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,800,745 times
I believe that because there has been virtually no enforcement whatsoever of immigration laws that it's very likely that most "immigrants" or foreign groups living here are here illegally no matter what country they're from. Many Russians are illegally here also.

Why bother filling out forms and going through any legal process when the rewards are so great for being here illegally? Why bother with the legal process at all?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 AM

32,838 posts, read 30,126,734 times
Quote "
"I'm tired of living as a criminal," he said in his native Portuguese. "I cannot drive, I have to use false names, and I'm afraid of the police and immigration. I'm tired of living in fear and away from my family.""

Too bad they all don't feel this way.

This is the point I was making on another thread. There are two sets of laws here. LE cannot ask for status so these criminals give a fake name as they know that they can skate. The AZ law puts an end to this nonsense.

Without such law there will remain TWO SETS OF LAWS HERE.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 AM

18,105 posts, read 17,234,713 times
That article in the Metrowest News was from July 2007.

So are they still leaving? On tv today there are arrests of illegals who have overstayed their visas -- but only arrested because they had some involvement with the NY Times Square bomb attempt. Why can't Immigration be pro-active and arrest illegals BEFORE they commit crimes? Or BECAUSE they have committed the crime of overstaying their visa? We've become way too soft on illegal immigration and see what happens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or