U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,492,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I was talking to someone who knows politics well and she told me that the experts on Capital Hill know that illegal alien amnesty is going to happen this summer. There is just to many powerful forces working to make it happen.

Supporting Illegal Alien Amnesty:

Large Business Lobbying Groups
The US Chamber of Commerce
The Agriculture Industry
Microsoft and other large IT Companies
The Catholic Church
The Republican National Committee
The Leadership of the House and Senate
President Bush
The Hispanic Community who is America's largest minority
Church Groups (including the Pope)
The leaders of Homeland Security
The mainstream media
=============
The people against amnesty are not organized and do not have the financial backing. We will lose.
Your friend forgot to talk to me about this and I vote NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
JD.

198 posts, read 434,004 times
Texanborn: I just think Dingler's friend is drinking to much of that special
Kool-Aid.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:31 PM

786 posts, read 4,233,534 times
Default Just as suspected, the bill has come back to life

If you listen to the mainstream media the latest reincarnation of the Comprehensive Immigration Bill shows that they have enough votes in the Senate to pass it. They all got together in smoke filled room and hashed it all out. It is a done deal in the Senate. The House is another matter. I suspect it will also pass there because of the Democratic majority. The Dem's support amnesty. Also they need only a majority in the House of Reps. The Dem's got that.

Better learn to speak Spanish.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:06 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,697,306 times
Quote:
If you listen to the mainstream media the latest reincarnation of the Comprehensive Immigration Bill shows that they have enough votes in the Senate to pass it. They all got together in smoke filled room and hashed it all out. It is a done deal in the Senate. The House is another matter. I suspect it will also pass there because of the Democratic majority. The Dem's support amnesty. Also they need only a majority in the House of Reps. The Dem's got that.

Better learn to speak Spanish.
You're too pessimistic. If everyone had this attitude, we would indeed be sunk. You underestimate the power of America's citizens in this issue. Just because it passes the Senate, that doesn't mean that it will automatically become law.

Even Nancy "Panderpants" Pelosi has acknowledged that the bill WILL die in the House. She has stated several times that if a majority of Republicans in the House do not support this bill, then it will not pass. The Dems don't really want to be known as the amnesty party. They're hoping that the Republicans will shoot themselves in the foot with Joe America by supporting this bill. There is not a Republican majority in the House that will support the it though, so it's cooked before it gets there.

Stop being a whiney baby and get back on the phone. We've got work to do.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:48 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,378,621 times
Quote:
I was talking to someone who knows politics well and she told me that the experts on Capital Hill know that illegal alien amnesty is going to happen this summer. There is just to many powerful forces working to make it happen.

The Agriculture Industry
The Catholic Church
President Bush
The mainstream media
=============
The people against amnesty are not organized and do not have the financial backing. We will lose.
I disagree. The people of America are a powerful force too, but many refuse to flex their political muscle. WE, the good folks, the gtrassroots organizations can stop this.

There is a reason the Catholic church wants amnesty (those are the 'church groups' you refer to). It is because the Catholic church is dying down (slowly but surely) and they want to add ranks to the Catholic churches, as Mexicans are mostly Catholics.

One group you forgot to list is the Democrat special interests.

DHS is ONLY supporting the Bush-Kennedy amnesty because Bush appointed the director of DHS, Chertoff.

I think the amnesty will bust, even if it passes in the Senate. Don't forget we had a ton of Democrats in the House that OPPOSED the amnesty in 2005 and 2006. These newly elected Democrats in the House are not about to commit suicide by siding with Bush, specially since these guys ran an anti-illegal alien campaign. These Dems came from conservative Republican districts and they commited to being anti-illegals.

So we have the House of Reps as a safeguard.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:56 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,729 times
Kele and Nirvana-Guy, thank you both for above posts on amnesty/dems/repubs. I thought some of what Dingler posted and probably others here as well need to learn more about the two parties in regards to the illegal immigration fight.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:57 PM

911 posts, read 3,201,553 times
Thumbs down All Traitors...

Quote:

The Agriculture Industry
The Catholic Church
President Bush
The mainstream media
=============
Sell-outs.......

Old 06-15-2007, 09:01 PM

911 posts, read 3,201,553 times
Thumbs up Great Post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Don't give up, it's not over. They want us to sit down, shut up, and let them win. Don't let them win without a fight. Could you live with yourself if this won, and you did nothing? If it does win, at least I know I did everything in my power to see that it dosn't. American's are waking up and are mad as heck over this. Polls for amnesty are swayed to make it look like we are for it. Don't lie down, fight!

I love you Mom....

Old 06-16-2007, 10:52 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,908,109 times
One can only hope then that there will be anarchy here if it passes.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:56 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,697,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
One can only hope then that there will be anarchy here if it passes.
Anarchy occurs when the rule of law becomes moot. In a sense, that is already happening in America. Our rule of law is being ignored as politicians fall all over themselves in their efforts to destroy our country.

It is up to We the People to show them the "error of their ways." Make the calls, but when election time comes around again, let us never forget who turned their backs on the American people in order to pander to an illegal alien insurgent incursion at our expense.

Throw the traitorous bast*rds out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or