Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:01 AM

786 posts, read 4,732,860 times

Advertisements

I was talking to someone who knows politics well and she told me that the experts on Capital Hill know that illegal alien amnesty is going to happen this summer. There is just to many powerful forces working to make it happen.

Supporting Illegal Alien Amnesty:

Large Business Lobbying Groups
The US Chamber of Commerce
The Agriculture Industry
Microsoft and other large IT Companies
The Catholic Church
The Republican National Committee
The Leadership of the House and Senate
President Bush
The Hispanic Community who is America's largest minority
Church Groups (including the Pope)
The leaders of Homeland Security
The mainstream media
=============
The people against amnesty are not organized and do not have the financial backing. We will lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 07:15 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Starting to smell the coffee, eh? I guess that's progress of a sort...

Old 06-14-2007, 07:38 AM

52 posts, read 134,981 times
You are probaly right Dingler. I have read most of both the House and Senate versions of "immigration reform". While the house bill says they have to have been here at least 5 years and been good, it still gives AMNESTY!!
I let my rep know what I think about it.
Also let him know that I find that his web site being available in spanish is insulting.

This issue just makes me sooo mad!! I want to grab those gov't people by the collar and shake them! Get in their face and scream! Stand in the rotunda and have a hissy fit!

Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,832 times
Default dont listen

Quote:
Originally Posted by just kate View Post
You are probaly right Dingler. I have read most of both the House and Senate versions of "immigration reform". While the house bill says they have to have been here at least 5 years and been good, it still gives AMNESTY!!
I let my rep know what I think about it.
Also let him know that I find that his web site being available in spanish is insulting.

This issue just makes me sooo mad!! I want to grab those gov't people by the collar and shake them! Get in their face and scream! Stand in the rotunda and have a hissy fit!
This is how they get Americans to fold! They start making them believe that the issue is a done deal (just look at Bush;s recent comments) to get people to think that its over. ITS NOT YOU NEED TO STAND UP TO THIS. I know it takes time from your day but you have to try and try and....

The fact is that Bush will keep reintroducing the bill until it is passed...unless he term is up. Already the senators have said on but he keeps on trying. Its amazing how greed motivates people. They want us to ignore them and just let them do what they want. Saying that:

"it will happen anyway"
"its a done deal"
"see you at the signing"
are just a few examples of this. It is bad to lost, but its much worse to not even try to fight this...

Really americans are still the majority, its just that we are not unified like the illegals and government. We need to stand together

Last edited by ducter; 06-14-2007 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: added text

Old 06-14-2007, 08:38 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
I'm not losing hope. The Senate may cave in to Boosh and the special interest groups, but even Pelosi acknowledges that the shamnesty bill will not get past the House. Fortunately for our country, there are still American patriots working for their constituency in the House of Representatives.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:48 AM

52 posts, read 134,981 times
I haven't given up but do often feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall. And, unfortunately, I do think that a compromise bill will pass this year.
Still, I'll keep sending those emails, faxes, etc. until the end.

eta; I even sent Sen. Jeff Sessions a 'thank you' email after seeing him on the Senate floor even though I'm no where close to his district.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:21 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Something may pass the Senate sell-outs. However, it must also pass the House before it can be made law. The House stopped shamnesty cold last year and it will do so again. Pelosi has said that she will not even bring it to the floor for debate unless a majority of the Republicans support it and they do not.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 AM
JD.

199 posts, read 487,783 times
Default Do I Smell Pro-Amnesty Propaganda?

Not sure who Dingler was talking to, maybe a fortune teller, but the amnesty bill was killed once and now is back for round two. Even if this is to pass in the Senate, its chances of getting through the House of Rep. is slim to none. They are even more polarized than the Senate on the issue and there is a lot more oppoisition to this bill, I don't think it would even make it to the House in present form. Nonetheless, the amnesty bill is not even close to being a done deal, keep contacting your Senators, it IS working.

Amnesty Hotline: 1-800-417-7666

Key Senators to Call:

McConnell 202/224-2541
Lott 202/224-6253
Kyl 202/224-4521
Brownback 202/224-6521
Burr 202/224-3154
Chambliss 202/224-3521
Cornyn 202/224-2934
Hutchison 202/224-5922
Isakson 202/224-3643
Warner 202/224-2023
Webb 202/224-4024

Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 AM

348 posts, read 1,021,450 times
Don't give up, it's not over. They want us to sit down, shut up, and let them win. Don't let them win without a fight. Could you live with yourself if this won, and you did nothing? If it does win, at least I know I did everything in my power to see that it dosn't. American's are waking up and are mad as heck over this. Polls for amnesty are swayed to make it look like we are for it. Don't lie down, fight!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
They can try but it won't pass. Not this close to an election. Especially considering just how motivated the American people are on this issue.

Besides, it's not that complicated. All Bush has to do is secure our borders and enforce the laws we already have first. Once that happens he'll probably get it passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration