U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM

11,979 posts, read 13,313,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Exactly . . .

And ALL these alien sympathizers, especially the white liberals, what if their wife or daughter or sister were to be the victim of one of the disgusting and violent illegals who have no conscience or understanding of right from wrong?

Would they still be yelling about fairness and equality and humanity and civil rights and profiling?
Funny, people used to say the same thing about African-Americans (and a smaller number still do).

All the anti-illegal charges were said about blacks in the 1960s and 1970s (including by white liberals in private, even though it didn't affect their voting patterns)

The familiarity of this argument suggests that if the number of illegals shrunk drastically to where it was no longer a problem, some of those bitching about illegals would say the same stuff about another group.

There are plenty of disgusting and violent people in the US of all races and ethnicities and of all backgrounds and national origins.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 AM

1,213 posts, read 948,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
How much is Arizona's War on Illegals going to cost? Our Wars on Crime, Drugs, Poverty, and Terror have yet to realize any "profit" even after thirty years for some of those programs.
There shouldn't be any additional cost for implementing SB1070. LE has someone pulled over for speeding and they ask for ID to prove that they are in the country legally. If they can't prove that they're here legally then they can be arrested. Getting rid of thousands of illegals means less strain on crowded schools and less strain of welfare services which is saving taxpayers money.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 AM

1,213 posts, read 948,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
10 pages on Arizona's bill, over 2000 pages on the HC bill....and nobody has read either....

Why am I not surprised.

BL
Of course they've read the bill. Saying that they haven't read the bill, which actually stupidly makes them appear incredibly stupid, is just stalling tactics until the regime decides on the best way to attack the bill. The regime is, of course, scared *****less that other states will jump in quickly and pass versions of the same AZ bill, which would make giving amnesty to millions of unwanted uninvited IA border jumper future democratic voters if amnestied very difficult.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:36 AM

14,452 posts, read 12,701,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
How much is Arizona's War on Illegals going to cost? Our Wars on Crime, Drugs, Poverty, and Terror have yet to realize any "profit" even after thirty years for some of those programs.

Then how come the drug problem here is non-existant compared to that of South America?

Old 05-14-2010, 01:43 AM

317 posts, read 218,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Then how come the drug problem here is non-existant compared to that of South America?
The US has a non existent drug problem????????

Old 05-14-2010, 10:47 AM

2,795 posts, read 1,791,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Here is some anecdotal evidence to help you form a more substantiated opinion.

Quote:
Take Latin America, for example. I have often heard Latin Americans decry any complicity in the drug trade. According to the rationalization: "If there were not so many consumers in the United States, then we would not produce so many drugs. We are simply supplying a product where there is a demand. It is as simple as the law of supply and demand! Your average campesino is only trying to make a living the best way he can. They do not use or consume drugs themselves after all." The sad fact of the matter is that too many Latin Americans because of lack of education and underdeveloped Third World economies have nothing better (or more profitable) to do with their time and industry than produce and smuggle illicit drugs. The whole "supply-and-demand" argument is entirely too easy: if a person thinks they can base their whole livelihood on producing and selling death without being destroyed in the process, they are badly deluding themselves. It is the insidious nature of drugs that they corrupt everything they touch! One day that campesino will wake up and discover that he lives in a "narcodemocracy" where the scum have risen to the top and nary an honest official can be found in the land. He'll discover he lives in a society rotten at the core and he can do absolutely nothing about it. Moreover, there is a God who sees everything and we all must answer to Him one day for our actions.

Source: Drugs in America: Mara Salvatrucha Gangsters and Baby-Boomers
How is our wasteful War on Drugs helping to secure the Blessings of Liberty?

Quote:
A power to destroy the freedom of the press, the trial by jury, or even to regulate the course of descents, or the forms of conveyances, must be very singularly expressed by the terms "to raise money for the general welfare."

The Federalist Number 41

Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 AM

2,207 posts, read 1,331,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Of course they've read the bill. Saying that they haven't read the bill, which actually stupidly makes them appear incredibly stupid, is just stalling tactics until the regime decides on the best way to attack the bill. The regime is, of course, scared *****less that other states will jump in quickly and pass versions of the same AZ bill, which would make giving amnesty to millions of unwanted uninvited IA border jumper future democratic voters if amnestied very difficult.
Bingo. Other states are watching AZ as we speak in seeing how successful this new law is. I see it as successful already by watching those preparing to leave AZ as others have already vacated. What a big message this is. Now the other states need to implement this law immediately with votes being secured TODAY by choosing to protect America, Dems are really stupid if they do not see this...

Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,262,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Funny, people used to say the same thing about African-Americans (and a smaller number still do).

All the anti-illegal charges were said about blacks in the 1960s and 1970s (including by white liberals in private, even though it didn't affect their voting patterns)

The familiarity of this argument suggests that if the number of illegals shrunk drastically to where it was no longer a problem, some of those bitching about illegals would say the same stuff about another group.

There are plenty of disgusting and violent people in the US of all races and ethnicities and of all backgrounds and national origins.
With the illegal aliens gone, yes there would still be racists in this country but the issue of illegal immigration for most Americans isn't about race and no the majority of Americans would not still be bitching about another group unless they were here ILLEGALLY. Did I make that clear enough for you?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:58 PM

2,207 posts, read 1,331,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

There's a problem with your statement. Number one, African Americans were not illegal aliens and had every right to demand rights in this country which were recognized, apologized for and granted unequivocally. Secondly, how dare you equate illegal aliens (foreigners wanting to take over this country illegally) with any rights of this country? And most importantly, those racists things you hear are being spun from pro-illegal aliens and NOT said by those opposing the invasion of foreigners illegally setting up camp while hating our country on American soil. But let me clear this up for you. If I say foreigners have no rights in this country that are here illegally, I mean it because they don't. If I say foreigners in this country illegally who desecrate our American values, demand this country to be given to them and burn or flag need to leave, I mean that too. I could care less if they were purple.

If the number of illegal aliens were to decrease, or hopefully disappear altogether, our sentiment will probability regain focus onto our well being geared toward our politicians in making sure we are ackowledged...oh, just like now.

Last edited by getout; 05-14-2010 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 01:42 PM

11,979 posts, read 13,313,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
There's a problem with your statement. Number one, African Americans were not illegal aliens and had every right to demand rights in this country which were recognized, apologized for and granted unequivocally.
That is true, and I wasn't talking about Jim Crow and official segregation in the South (which was almost universally opposed outside the South). I was talking about racial conflicts between whites and blacks in the North and West.

Did you even read the post I was responding to:

"And ALL these alien sympathizers, especially the white liberals, what if their wife or daughter or sister were to be the victim of one of the disgusting and violent illegals who have no conscience or understanding of right from wrong?

Would they still be yelling about fairness and equality and humanity and civil rights and profiling?"

Sounds awfully familiar, as in "and all those N____r lovers, especially the white liberals, what if their wife or daughter or sister were to be the victim of one of the disgusting and violent N_____s who have no conscience or understanding of right from wrong"?

That could've come straight from a speech by George Lincoln Rockwell or George Wallace.

Quote:
Secondly, how dare you equate illegal aliens (foreigners wanting to take over this country illegally) with any rights of this country?
I'm against people trying to take over the country violently regardless of who they are.

Quote:
And most importantly, those racists things you hear are being spun from pro-illegal aliens and NOT said by those opposing the invasion of foreigners illegally setting up camp while hating our country on American soil.
So the guy who posted that and many of the other ostensible "anti-illegal" posters are actually "pro-illegal aliens" people who want to make those opposed to illegal immigration look bad?

I doubt it, but if that's their intent they're doing a pretty good job of it.

Quote:
But let me clear this up for you. If I say foreigners have no rights in this country that are here illegally, I mean it because they don't.
The Constitution covers all persons on US soil including those suspected of terrorism.

Quote:
If I say foreigners in this country illegally who desecrate our American values, demand this country to be given to them and burn or flag need to leave, I mean that too. I could care less if they were purple.
Bigots made those same charges against African-Americans 40 years ago...

In any case the US doesn't need foreigners to desecrate its American values, Americans seem to unfortunately be doing a pretty good job of desecrating American values themselves.

Quote:
If the number of illegal aliens were to decrease, or hopefully disappear altogether
Illegal aliens won't disappear from America altogether unless the USA becomes a communist dictatorship, something I would not want and I hope you wouldn't want it either. The problem can and should be tackled and reduced but it will never be eliminated even if the US winds up becoming a country that people emigrate from more than immigrate to. After all, Mexico, China, Iran, Pakistan, and a massive number of African countries that you wouldn't think anyone would want to move to have illegal aliens

Quote:
our sentiment will probability regain focus onto our well being geared toward our politicians in making sure we are ackowledged...oh, just like now.
Bigots will always find someone else to hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration