U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2010, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Southern California
4 posts, read 10,254 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

One thing that politicians are not concerned about it seems is the fact that many diseases that are popping up in America are coming from third world countries such as Mexico, El Salvadore and Guatemala as well as other countries.

We have no one watching who comes into our country and how do we know what they are bringing in? In Mexico, there are sections where there is no running water - no toilets and quite simply filthy conditions. Central America is full of poverty and cruddy living conditions. We see it on TV all the time.

I ask you, what are these illegal immigrants bringing into our country? Years ago, when immigrants crossed thru Ellis Island, if they were ill, they were SENT back to their country and not allowed to come into America. We need to open up another Ellis Island. Why aren't we doing it? Why are we letting people cross the border every day without showing papers as to their health etc?

Why are we letting illegal immigrants into America to have their children and they do not have to pay a dime? How wrong is that? The doctors who deliver these babies do not get paid either. It is time we think about our country - our people. Children are dying of diseases every day as are adults. This should not be happening in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2010, 12:44 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,951,314 times
Reputation: 2854
It's all about destroying America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,203,114 times
Reputation: 958
the sky is falling. sorry guys but diseases cant be stopped at the border. If a new deadly strain of some disease is out there, not much immigration law gonna do to stop it. I think Id worry more about asteriods hitting the earth, than some boggie man disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,639 posts, read 5,083,133 times
Reputation: 2757
If an epidemic of "man tool rot" showed up, then they will do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 04:19 PM
 
438 posts, read 446,099 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvCandles View Post
One thing that politicians are not concerned about it seems is the fact that many diseases that are popping up in America are coming from third world countries such as Mexico, El Salvadore and Guatemala as well as other countries.

We have no one watching who comes into our country and how do we know what they are bringing in? In Mexico, there are sections where there is no running water - no toilets and quite simply filthy conditions. Central America is full of poverty and cruddy living conditions. We see it on TV all the time.

I ask you, what are these illegal immigrants bringing into our country? Years ago, when immigrants crossed thru Ellis Island, if they were ill, they were SENT back to their country and not allowed to come into America. We need to open up another Ellis Island. Why aren't we doing it? Why are we letting people cross the border every day without showing papers as to their health etc?

Why are we letting illegal immigrants into America to have their children and they do not have to pay a dime? How wrong is that? The doctors who deliver these babies do not get paid either. It is time we think about our country - our people. Children are dying of diseases every day as are adults. This should not be happening in America.
Unless you have a study on the illnesses being brought in and the rate of increase due to illegals, then there isn't much to argue here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,415,285 times
Reputation: 6523
If no threat is out there then why do legals must first pass a health screening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 05:49 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,849,510 times
Reputation: 3012
Dr. Madeleine Cosman looked at various diseases which could possibly be brought into the U.S. by illegal aliens (from a variety of countries).

Some of her study results can be found here: Madeleine Cosman -- Hospital to the World Welcomes Illegal Aliens & Contagious Diseases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,415,285 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Dr. Madeleine Cosman looked at various diseases which could possibly be brought into the U.S. by illegal aliens (from a variety of countries).

Some of her study results can be found here: Madeleine Cosman -- Hospital to the World Welcomes Illegal Aliens & Contagious Diseases
You and your damned facts, your really starting to get on my nerves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 06:04 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,499,672 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the sky is falling. sorry guys but diseases cant be stopped at the border. If a new deadly strain of some disease is out there, not much immigration law gonna do to stop it. I think Id worry more about asteriods hitting the earth, than some boggie man disease.
Doesn't people coming through our borders from third world countries with unsanitary conditions and without getting healthchecks like legal immigrants do likely to contribute to communicable deseases though? I mean, this isn't rocket science you know. It is just common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,683 posts, read 83,244,992 times
Reputation: 41524
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvCandles View Post
One thing that politicians are not concerned about it seems is the fact that many diseases that are popping up in America are coming from third world countries such as Mexico, El Salvadore and Guatemala as well as other countries.

We have no one watching who comes into our country and how do we know what they are bringing in? In Mexico, there are sections where there is no running water - no toilets and quite simply filthy conditions. Central America is full of poverty and cruddy living conditions. We see it on TV all the time.

I ask you, what are these illegal immigrants bringing into our country? Years ago, when immigrants crossed thru Ellis Island, if they were ill, they were SENT back to their country and not allowed to come into America. We need to open up another Ellis Island. Why aren't we doing it? Why are we letting people cross the border every day without showing papers as to their health etc?

Why are we letting illegal immigrants into America to have their children and they do not have to pay a dime? How wrong is that? The doctors who deliver these babies do not get paid either. It is time we think about our country - our people. Children are dying of diseases every day as are adults. This should not be happening in America.
I am not sure the illegals are bringing in desease, but I do think we need another Ellis Island.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top