Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:59 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

As the government's crackdown on illegal immigrant workers has intensified in recent months, so have the consequences for a large group of U.S. citizens: American-born children of illegal immigrants.

Numbering at least 3.1 million, according to an analysis by the Urban Institute and the Pew Hispanic Center, such children range from teenagers steeped in iTunes and MySpace to toddlers just learning their ABCs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17902401/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,248 times
Its just another ploy in the criminal immigrants back pocket... "OMG WHAT ABOUT THE ANCHOR BABIES"...I just love how everything has to get focused on children as a way to try to bring some validity to someones cause and this cause is criminal immigrants wanting amnesty. These Criminal's only want one thing and that is for the American TAXPAYER to continue to flip the bill for their Free Healthcare, Welfare, criminal activities and their ANCHOR BABIES. I will leave you with an Excerpt of a article that I recently read...It is a Criminal Immigrants responce...

Quote:
To support the ugly mess in Los Angeles, another Mexican reader fits Chittum’s profile of what we allowed into our country. This reader loves taunting me as I continue my weekly quixotic warnings concerning America’s future. He signs off as Commandante Pedro.

“Surely you must realize all of your efforts, all of them, are futile? Your own government and elected representatives are aiding and abetting our Reconquista, and there is nothing you can do about it. Nothing! This is our country now. Can you honestly say California is an American state? Our people are firmly in charge there. Once the mid-term elections are over the government will move full speed ahead with a blanket amnesty and citizenship for all of the immigrants already here.

“This will cause a virtual flood of immigration as our brethren crash the gates and demand their human rights, citizenship, and social benefits. You, the white colonizer and pillager, will pay for it all! Once our brothers get the right to vote we will ensure that only those who agree with, or at least support our agenda stand for office. As the Borg would say, "resistance is futile." Death to the white man! Long live Aztlan! Long live the Bronze Age!
“Keep writing your useless warnings! I love reading your pathetic articles. Your attempts to galvanize the hoi polloi into action amuses me. Don't you realize that the average Joe six-pack white trash American doesn't give a s**t? He'll keep on swilling beer and watching Spike TV until the revolution begins in earnest and he is brought to account for the crimes of his forebears. Our allies in the media and academia have seen to it that the white man feels guilty and impotent in the face of his crimes. This is our country now; our women are lovely and pleasing to the eye, and the white man cannot get enough of them. We will defeat you by sheer force of numbers. All of your attempts are futile; your own politicians know that we are the future, that we must be taken into consideration whenever a major decision is made. The white vote means nothing. This is our time now. You had your time. The white man has been ascendant for centuries, now it is the time of the brown man. The best thing you can do for yourself is pack up and leave to northern Europe. You are no longer wanted. Does this make you angry? It is the truth nonetheless and you know it. Thanks be to God that you have been made a stranger in the land that your ancestor stole! Viva Aztlan!"

Subcommandante Pedro MeCHA Brown Berets Infiltration Brigades Los Angeles, Baja California Aztlan
“P.S. I receive $721 social security monthly while working off the books, with complete medical insurance to boot. My wife receives welfare, food stamps, and child care funds for our growing brood. Three of my children also receive generous social security checks. Only two of our six children are citizens. We are living very well and it is all thanks to the American taxpaying sucker. Muchas Gracias!”

Story Continues,
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty246.htm

Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
I honestly think that law needs to be CHANGED.

You should not be a legal US citizen SIMPLY because you were born here.

If you were born from illegal immigrants, YOU should be an illegal immigrant as well. That might cut down on the pregnant women crossing the border so their kids can be citizens.

This could never be a retroactive thing, but going forward, the law needs to be changed.

~T

Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post

If you were born from illegal immigrants, YOU should be an illegal immigrant as well. That might cut down on the pregnant women crossing the border so their kids can be citizens.

This could never be a retroactive thing, but going forward, the law needs to be changed.

~T
I completely agree.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post

~T
I agree...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:26 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
this must be a first, Yap City, LeavingFl and myself agreeing on an issue!

Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
this must be a first, Yap City, LeavingFl and myself agreeing on an issue!
Heh, I'm sure we agree on more than you realize.

As I've said before, I used to consider myself republican until Bush came along and completely destroyed not only my faith in the party, but my faith in our democracy. I feel like I've been sold out and I don't place the blame on any party. I place it on our flawed, corruptable system.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:47 AM

140 posts, read 531,784 times
Guys, come on. You don't really believe this Subcommando Pedro guy, do you? That article is so outrageous, it leads me to believe one of two things: A. He's the extreme side of the illegal group and his thoughts do not represent the entire group of illegals, or B. This is some made up character by someone who is trying to stir up hatred for illegals. I'm not exactly defending illegals because I don't think it's right that they qualify for welfare when some American citizens who really need it don't qualify. However, the ones I have seen are very hard workers and are willing to earn their keep. And as much as I can't stand Bush (thank you LeavingFL for being ashamed of Bush as a Republican, I guess he's pissed off more than just the Democrats), even he's not stupid enough to keep letting so many illegal aliens in to the point where th country is overcrowded (I hope I'm not contradicting another post I wrote). And while we're on the subject, since America has a habit of butting into other countries' business to "make things better for them", it would be nice if they would help Mexico become a country that people want to live in and not escape from. Just my opinion.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:11 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,534 times
Doesn't matter cause our prez is currently working on giving out free hand outs as we speak here, they will all be legit soon, and then watch what happens after that, time to move out of the country maybe.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:47 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,248 times
Quote:
And while we're on the subject, since America has a habit of butting into other countries' business to "make things better for them", it would be nice if they would help Mexico become a country that people want to live in and not escape from. Just my opinion.
I agree, I have no problem with supporting Mexican's in taking control of their corrupt government officials. I just wish the criminal Mexican immigrants felt the same way. They choose to stick their hands out to our government officials who are salivating at the chance to win another vote...Its Pathetic! I just can not understand why the criminal immigrants feel that they have a right to protest our government and they choose to give their government a free pass on being so corrupt that millions flee their own homeland.

Quote:
Guys, come on. You don't really believe this Subcommando Pedro guy, do you?
I read an article about the minutemen being at some kind of Mexican immigration amnesty meeting and the mexicans(knowing the minutmen were there) that were there openly spoke out for violence if that is what it would take to convince the American people. I will try to find the article. Think back to the first immigration protests of last year...I remember seeing thousands of mexican flags being flown and the American flags that were there were on fire or being flown in a disrespectful manner not to mention all the other hateful signs that they had. Then all of a sudden at the next round of protest they all loved America and just wanted to love us all, they all had American flags. Nothing, that I here or read surprises me anymore when it comes to criminal immigrants. They are not that hard working and yes, they do work but at the same time most of them do use free anything and everything that the government allows them to have.

Last edited by chloedog; 04-02-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration