U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
16,416 posts, read 25,200,334 times
Reputation: 16464

Advertisements

Why do you people insist it is racial profiling?

When you are speeding and asked for your car insurance, it is standard practice. It is not because you are a certain race. Just like with this bill, if you get in trouble and they ask, well if you are legal who cares.. if you are illegal, get out of here

Either way, there's no racial profiling and there won't be a mass clearing of latinos to check everybody's ID. It just shows that people like to scream racism for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2010, 04:22 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
When you are out of argument and debate, when there is no more evidence to present the "race card" is thrust forward. It is the last straw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
When you are out of argument and debate, when there is no more evidence to present the "race card" is thrust forward. It is the last straw.
The pro-illegals are getting desperate. They see the handwriting on the wall now and are screaming like a bunch of cats in heat. I am loving it! Traitorous pieces of trash that they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM
 
Location: east of my daughter-north of my son
1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
Reputation: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The pro-illegals are getting desperate. They see the handwriting on the wall now and are screaming like a bunch of cats in heat. I am loving it! Traitorous pieces of trash that they are.
Stop insulting cats in heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
 
Location: east of my daughter-north of my son
1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
Reputation: 885
I'll be honest with you. When I first heard about the original bill, I was worried and I posted somewhere my issues. But then I read the actual bill. Not what the media was saying. I looked at the bill. Even as it stood then the one thing that struck me was that law enforcement in Arizona simply could not stop everyone, therefore they would be looking for the "signs". Too many people in a vehicle, large groups at "employment areas, et al.

I believe Arizona had to do something since the Federal Government now and in past administrations seem to only worry about being re-elected.

I am against illegal immigration. Period. I used to live in S. Florida and had/have many Hispanics as friends. They all came here legally and went through the process. Most of them became citizens. I am also aware that other groups besides Mexicans are here illegally. I don't care where they came from, what color they are, what their religious beliefs are. If they are here illegally send them home.

The vast majority of my fellow citizens feel this way. It has nothing to do with racism. It's about the law.

I simply cannot understand why this is all so hard to grasp.

Frustration doesn't even begin to cover it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I'll be honest with you. When I first heard about the original bill, I was worried and I posted somewhere my issues. But then I read the actual bill. Not what the media was saying. I looked at the bill. Even as it stood then the one thing that struck me was that law enforcement in Arizona simply could not stop everyone, therefore they would be looking for the "signs". Too many people in a vehicle, large groups at "employment areas, et al.

I believe Arizona had to do something since the Federal Government now and in past administrations seem to only worry about being re-elected.

I am against illegal immigration. Period. I used to live in S. Florida and had/have many Hispanics as friends. They all came here legally and went through the process. Most of them became citizens. I am also aware that other groups besides Mexicans are here illegally. I don't care where they came from, what color they are, what their religious beliefs are. If they are here illegally send them home.

The vast majority of my fellow citizens feel this way. It has nothing to do with racism. It's about the law.

I simply cannot understand why this is all so hard to grasp.

Frustration doesn't even begin to cover it.
The racism is on the pro-illegal ethnocentric side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The pro-illegals are getting desperate. They see the handwriting on the wall now and are screaming like a bunch of cats in heat. I am loving it! Traitorous pieces of trash that they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Stop insulting cats in heat.
I second that.










Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,222,911 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The racism is on the pro-illegal ethnocentric side.
dementor, we already went over this. You are wrong, yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
dementor, we already went over this. You are wrong, yet again.
Yeah, the pro-illegal, racist ethnocentrics will always deny it. There is far too much evidence against them though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
 
317 posts, read 343,719 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The racism is on the pro-illegal ethnocentric side.
Illegal immigrants are an ethnicity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top