Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No need to put ignorant right wing / moronic statements in here. It just reinforces the red-neck idiot conservative image that every issue on the planet is due to the left (the right had 8 years in office and we all know how that turned out)
Keep in mind more REPUBLICANS support amnesty for illegals (mccain anyone?)

More Republicans support amnesty for illegals than who? Martians? Back up your statement with facts. More than who?

BTW. Ignorance: the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

There's the definition for you. If the shoe fits...

Wear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Hey thePR, while you want all illegal immigrants, will you also want to take in the MS13 gang members n'at?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The best news about the Arizona illegal immigrant law as well as the law banning ethnic studies is the bonus for liberals. Now, with illegals probably avoiding Arizona, they will go to the states of liberals who will not pass any immigration laws. It is great news and win-win. The states with conservatives who enforce laws to protect thier state from the flood of illegals will get fewer and fewer illegals, while those who pass no such laws will be flooded. Great news for liberals, as now they will have to pay for the education, healthcare, and housing for the illegals, which is exactly what they had hoped for.

whoa...whoa. What law bans ethinic studies? you just cant make a claim like that and not back it up. Who is banning ethinic studies?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:05 AM

364 posts, read 496,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I'll help out the challenged.
The difference between legals and illegals
1. Legals actually bother to apply for a VISA
2. Legals actually wait to be approved and receive a VISA before entering our country.
3. Legals Use their own Green cards and SSN's.
4. Legals actually pay taxes on their wages.
5. Legals respect this country enough to obey our laws.
6. Legals don't need to skulk in the shadows like criminals.
7. Legals tend to appreciate this country and try to assimulate, not change it to suit their own needs.
8. Many if not most legals detest illegals.
What about those that have done the right things and clerical errors make aliens out of status? By the rhetoric used, "illegal is illegal", they would be placed in the same category.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:05 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Hey thePR, while you want all illegal immigrants, will you also want to take in the MS13 gang members n'at?
The only criteria that radical left amnesty democratic politicians have toward MS13 gang members is 'will they be future democratic voters if amnestied?'. I don't believe that anyone would ever accuse an amnestied MS13 gang member of being a republican voter.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
The only criteria that radical left amnesty democratic politicians have toward MS13 gang members is 'will they be future democratic voters if amnestied?'. I don't believe that anyone would ever accuse an amnestied MS13 gang member of being a republican voter.
What bill currently calls for amnesty? The only amnesty I'm aware of was in 1986 by Ronald Reagan.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
What bill currently calls for amnesty? The only amnesty I'm aware of was in 1986 by Ronald Reagan.
It is called CIR by the pro-illegals and amnesty by the anti-illegals. Either way the illegals will be allowed to remain in this country. The difference in terminology doesn't mean squat to the bottom line.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is called CIR by the pro-illegals and amnesty by the anti-illegals. Either way the illegals will be allowed to remain in this country. The difference in terminology doesn't mean squat to the bottom line.
There seems to be more to it than that. In '86 all you had to do was show up basically. CIR requires fines and good standing for a number of years.

Is it your position that anything short of deportation or jail is amnesty? If so, why?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
This ignorance in this thread has no boundaries.

You really think there isn't a substantial amount of immigrants in the Bay Area? Here's a reply you and the rest should be able to understand: "DURR"
The ignorance from the left camp is amazing as well. You can have a few more to take care of and perhaps when you personally start to choke on your own liberalisim, then you will get it. Hope property taxes finally go through the roof in CA.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
What about those that have done the right things and clerical errors make aliens out of status? By the rhetoric used, "illegal is illegal", they would be placed in the same category.
Denied is denied. Our country does not owe any not even 1 applicant anything other than consideration.
If they were denied and entered illegally, over stayed a VISA then they are an illegal. There are options other than violating our laws.
By your argument: I apply for a loan. Through a clerical error or I am a victim of ID theft by an illegal my credit turns up bad and I am denied.
I should be allowed to simply rob the bank because it wasn't my fault that my credit was bad?
And yes it is comparable given the expense of illegals to this country.
The tax fraud alone makes it comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration