Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 09:18 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,605,276 times

Advertisements

Trenton Issues ID Cards to Illegal Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Even the fear of AZ type laws don't deter Illegals from their sense of "being".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM

39,803 posts, read 26,299,592 times
I REALLY want to know why the Trenton officials that came up with this program have not been arrested as an accessory in promoting criminal activity.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,626,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Trenton Issues ID Cards to Illegal Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Even the fear of AZ type laws don't deter Illegals from their sense of "being".
As usual your radical left amnesty democratic politicians trolling for votes are behind this. The radical left amnesty democratic plan is to keep as many of these unwanted uninvited illegal alien furture democratic voters if amnestied in the country. An amnesty democratic politician can't amnesty an illegal alien future democratic voter if they've been deported now can they?

Old 05-17-2010, 02:26 PM

1,908 posts, read 2,526,935 times
From the article:
"In addition, law enforcement officials say, the cards give illegal immigrants who fear detection and deportation more confidence about reporting crimes, and allow officials to help immigrants who are crime victims."

I find this one sentence extremely funny.
How does an ID card issued by someone other than city, state, or federal give one "more confidence about reporting crimes"? It works in one city.
The article even pointed out that other cities laugh at these phony ID cards and don't accept them for anything.
For years I did not have a valid ID card and I never felt like I did not belong in Phoenix. Of course, I'm not illegal.
For what this ID card is worth - it would be easier for illegals to make their very own original ID card and try using that one outside their cities.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:52 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,595,954 times
The police officer, Mario said, let him go with a warning about the tail light. There was no mention of the lack of a driver’s license, a punishable offense.

OK, so there ARE different laws for the same offense, apparently (one for illegals and one for citizens).
This is really in-your-face outrageous.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:59 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,527,985 times
I have also seen the Department of Public works in Houston flooded with people everyday with cars lining out onto the main road since this law passed in AZ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration