Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:56 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And why isn't she being deported?
::shrug:: but she isn't. She will go to college and no doubt be granted citizenship at some future date under DREAM or some other program. I'm actually not worried about her, IMO she isn't the problem with illegal immigration anyway. There are plenty of other things to be upset about in that regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
As it should be! Enforce our land of laws to stop the siphoning of tax payer funds to foreign bodies which have no rights to them! Geez what is so hard to understand about that? Had this been an isolated case where illegal aliens have not already depleted this country, then fine, there might have been some compassion but this girl can thank herself and the millions of others like her who have desecrated our generosity; the bank is closed!
The illegals dont deplete the country.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,469 times
Yeah and last time I checked Berkeley wasn't the only university to attend!!

You know this really, really, really p*sses me off! Do you know how many AMERICANS (not illegals) want to go to college but CANNOT afford it and esp. now with this "economic depression/recession". And even before this economic nightmare that we are in a lot of families could not afford to send their children to universities due to the rise in tuition, fees, etc.

How dare she whine whine and whine about this. Go to a cheaper university (possibly in your homeland)!!!!!!!!!! That is what people do when they cannot afford something!!!!!! DUH!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
I break into a family's home and demand that they make me part of their family.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
She will stay here and go to a great college. Now that she made the news there is no way she WON'T get the money.
You mean that our marxist administration who now controls the nationalized student loan program won't be able to pass up an opportunity to blatantly hispander to a bunch of tribally ethnocentric hispanic losers and give this illegal dreamie a loan for which she couldn't ever get a job after somehow she managed to graduate to pay back the loan because she's illegal?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
The illegals dont deplete the country.
You must be speaking about Australia, your own country.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
A 4.09 GPA you say?...one would think she would be smart enough to know that she wasnt going to reap all of the benefits of her hard work that a legal resident of this country would be able to reap...

Book smarts are just no substitute for common sense...smh

Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
See, here's the problem that people like her are running into...the problem is people like me. People like me who are driving around and seeing signs that literally say "Latino's hair salon"..."Latino's Car wash"..."Latino's Insurance Agency"....with spanish language subtexts written in green, red, and white font...That is ridiculous...It is one thing to be tolerant and accepting of diversity - but it is a whole different thing to let one single group come in and reshape/disregard the unifying aspects of our own culture.

You have people like me who at one point were willing to turn a blind eye toward illegal immigrants. But the problem has gotten completely beyond acceptance. Latinos arent policing their own community, and our govt. isnt policing our borders. Latinos have gotten completely disrespectful with their cultural propaganda. So at this point people like me could care less if this chick is was a Rhodes Scholar. I want her out of here, quickly. I want her, and the next illegal who has a 5.0 GPA out too. I want the illegal who just wants to work, who is just trying to feed his/her family, out. I dont care about their backstory, I dont care how much they "help" our economy (although they consume billions in taxpayer services, AND they send $25 Billion from our own economy back to their own country) ...and I dont feel the least bit guilty in saying it...call me what you want...They need to be out of our country...and at bare minimum we need to stop more of them from coming in...or else, as they continue to enter this country without assimilating, our immigration policy will FOREVER be mired down in trying to appease the Latino community/illegal alien proponents.. <read: they will not let the political process move in any other direction than complete amnesty.>

Last edited by solytaire; 05-20-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
A 4.09 GPA you say?...one would think she would be smart enough to know that she wasnt going to reap all of the benefits of her hard work that a legal resident of this country would be able to reap...

Book smarts are just no substitute for common sense...smh
and my feelings, where are her parents, can't they help her some? Are they recieving any form of welfare and do they work? Maybe mom and dad both are paid under the table, thus no one in the family is paying taxes....What a rip off!!!!!

Nita

Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
See, here's the problem that people like her are running into...the problem is people like me. People like me who are driving around and seeing signs that literally say "Latino's hair salon"..."Latino's Car wash"..."Latino's Insurance Agency"....with spanish language subtexts written in green, red, and white font...That is ridiculous...It is one thing to be tolerant and accepting of diversity - but it is a whole different thing to let one single group come in and reshape/disregard the unifying aspects of our own culture.

You have people like me who at one point were willing to turn a blind eye toward illegal immigrants. But the problem has gotten completely beyond acceptance. Latinos arent policing their own community, and our govt. isnt policing our borders. Latinos have gotten completely disrespectful with their cultural propaganda. So at this point people like me could care less if this chick is was a Rhodes Scholar. I want her out of here, quickly. I want her, and the next illegal who has a 5.0 GPA out too. I want the illegal who just wants to work, who is just trying to feed his/her family, out. I dont care about their backstory, I dont care how much they "help" our economy (although they consume billions in taxpayer services, AND they send $25 Billion from our own economy back to their own country) ...and I dont feel the least bit guilty in saying it...call me what you want...They need to be out of our country...and at bare minimum we need to stop more of them from coming in...or else, as they continue to enter this country without assimilating, our immigration policy will FOREVER be mired down in trying to appease the Latino community/illegal alien proponents.. <read: they will not let the political process move in any other direction than complete amnesty.>
I think many of us share your feelings;; I have, for years, used Asian nail salons, the fact the workers might be illegals never entered my mind or bothered me, now I refuse to go near one now, not knowing if the workers are legal (guess, they probably are not). It goes beyond just Hispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration