U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,504,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and my feelings, where are her parents, can't they help her some? Are they recieving any form of welfare and do they work? Maybe mom and dad both are paid under the table, thus no one in the family is paying taxes....What a rip off!!!!!

Nita
Exactly. Many Americans don't get free college but these illegal moochers are demanding it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 02:33 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,367,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think many of us share your feelings;; I have, for years, used Asian nail salons, the fact the workers might be illegals never entered my mind or bothered me, now I refuse to go near one now, not knowing if the workers are legal (guess, they probably are not). It goes beyond just Hispanics.
This is a good point..I used to be one of those PC people who tiptoed around the fact that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are Hispanic. But since Latinos have decided to make themselves the spokespeople for the movement, I say let them be that. They WANT the entire issue to be about their race because they cant polarize the issue if every other race is equally considered illegal immigrants. They cant create the us versus them scenario, if everyone else has the potential to be both the "Us" and the "Them". So they make the issue into one of whites versus Latinos because they know that whites are the easiest group to vilify. They know that the wings of white guilt will glide them right into this country without issue. If they didnt know that, they would do like they claim the Europeans did, and walk right up in front of us, pop us in the mouth, take our land and tell us to do something about it or leave. But they dont do that because they know they would be obliterated if our nation actually wanted to defend itself...and swiftly.

Thats why they are so quick to accuse everyone of racism against Latinos. Illegal immigration is nothing more than a smokescreen cause that they are using to galvanize their cultural following. The real issue is that Latinos think they have an entitlement to this land, and they feel that they have a right to come here and take it. And because their own countries are inferior in military and physical might they know they must sneak, infiltrate, and overrun our country like scared rats.

Thats the cut and dry of it. When I hear speeches that proclaim American Latinos to be the "Northern front of the reconquista movement, and talk about the evil racist white people"...and when I see that the ONLY people that illegal immigrant proponents are concerned about are Latinos potentially being racially profiled (no mention of concern for anyone else who would also prospectively be subjected to racial profiling, since, as you stated, its not just Hispanics..) - when I hear these things, I stop tiptoeing around racial/cultural semantics. Its obvious who their sympathies lie with at this point. Im tired of people sugarcoating the obvious. There is an active and aggressive cultural propaganda at the heart of the pro-illegal contingency. It is what it is.

Last edited by solytaire; 05-21-2010 at 02:46 PM..

Old 05-21-2010, 04:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,105,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
This is a good point..I used to be one of those PC people who tiptoed around the fact that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are Hispanic. But since Latinos have decided to make themselves the spokespeople for the movement, I say let them be that. They WANT the entire issue to be about their race because they cant polarize the issue if every other race is equally considered illegal immigrants. They cant create the us versus them scenario, if everyone else has the potential to be both the "Us" and the "Them". So they make the issue into one of whites versus Latinos because they know that whites are the easiest group to vilify. They know that the wings of white guilt will glide them right into this country without issue. If they didnt know that, they would do like they claim the Europeans did, and walk right up in front of us, pop us in the mouth, take our land and tell us to do something about it or leave. But they dont do that because they know they would be obliterated if our nation actually wanted to defend itself...and swiftly.

Thats why they are so quick to accuse everyone of racism against Latinos. Illegal immigration is nothing more than a smokescreen cause that they are using to galvanize their cultural following. The real issue is that Latinos think they have an entitlement to this land, and they feel that they have a right to come here and take it. And because their own countries are inferior in military and physical might they know they must sneak, infiltrate, and overrun our country like scared rats.

Thats the cut and dry of it. When I hear speeches that proclaim American Latinos to be the "Northern front of the reconquista movement, and talk about the evil racist white people"...and when I see that the ONLY people that illegal immigrant proponents are concerned about are Latinos potentially being racially profiled (no mention of concern for anyone else who would also prospectively be subjected to racial profiling, since, as you stated, its not just Hispanics..) - when I hear these things, I stop tiptoeing around racial/cultural semantics. Its obvious who their sympathies lie with at this point. Im tired of people sugarcoating the obvious. There is an active and aggressive cultural propaganda at the heart of the pro-illegal contingency. It is what it is.
Good post!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:13 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,022,028 times
Quote:

I agree with everything you said.
The bolded part is what I most agree with. Those of us that DO believe the illegal Mexicans are here to take back their land are thought to be delusional.
I lived it and witnessed it for 30 years.

I've mentioned this before, but want to repeat myself. I read an article (about 5 full pages) in an AZ newspaper back in the mid 90's that explained how the Mexican government, ticked because they lost the land to the United States (because they were out numbered by the 'evil' Americans), told the people of Mexico to breed like rabbits. Knowing Mexico could not care for the millions of citizens born there - at the president's request -, the government told these people to head north when they reached legal age. They lost the land for lack of soldiers and planned to take it back one group of illegals at a time. This silent (ya, right!) takeover has been going on for decades.
Once the illegals actually open their mouths to protest, and march in our streets for their supposed rights, this should have been seen as an act of war. Instead our PC country feels sorry for the invaders.
The dread I felt back then (reading the article) does not compare to the way I feel now. Our country is going down the tubes fast and our government is right there in the forefront helping the illegal invaders from Mexico take over... without a fight. (Or so they think.)

Do I believe everything I read in the newspapers? He11 no! However, this one long article has stayed in my mind for at least 15 years. Wish I had saved the paper to show it to those people who think that Mexico is not trying to take over.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 PM

378 posts, read 222,802 times
"solytaire" and "tulani":

WELL SAID.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Good post - and it's difficult to believe that the most vocal pro-open border types really believe that the entire world or the over 2 billion poor people in the world can just come here for "their better life" and that immigration to the USA should be a total free-for-all.

It comes down to certain hispanics - the La Raza racists want unlimited immigration for "their people", their race but when roundups of Haitians are done in Miami, mum's the word. They really don't seem to have a problem protecting the hispanic purity of Miami by allowing Haitians to be herded up and sent back.

You also don't see the La Raza types demand unlimited immigration from Asian countries, and African countries. Certainly not from European countries.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:48 AM

14,832 posts, read 6,181,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
FONTANA - Gladys Castro has all the numbers needed to get into UC Berkeley - except one.

Although the 17-year-old Kaiser High School senior carries a 4.09 grade-point average and has been accepted to the university, she cannot apply for government loans because she's an illegal immigrant and doesn't have a Social Security number.

Read more: Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans - San Bernardino County Sun

then go back to the country from where she came from and apply for legal immigration like everyone else does.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 AM

9,807 posts, read 6,025,019 times
Since she wasn't born here, maybe her mother carried her across the river.

I will volunteer to give her a piggy back ride and carry her back across that same river.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,009,541 times
Good to know!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
then go back to the country from where she came from and apply for legal immigration like everyone else does.
She should be treated as any other foreign student. Why does she believe that because she is breaking the laws of this country that she is somehow more special than other foreign students, even the ones from her own country who play by the rules?

She could go home, apply for a student visa and come back to study or she could decide instead to attend a university in her own country - contrary to popular opinion, her own country has fine universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration