Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,377,962 times

Advertisements

I am sorry, but i don't feel sad for her just pity. Pity, because this is what happens when you choose to come to this Country as an ILLEGAL and not by legal means. Why should illegals have any of the same privlages as we do, or for those who chose to come to this Country legally. People are only going to put up with this illegal situation for so long, for those of you not on board with the issue wise up!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,841,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Can we keep her and send an lazy American do-nothing to Mexico?
That may actually work out in our favor...plenty of do-nothings here...oh and by the way not chastising you but "an" is only used when the next word begins with a vowel, just stuck out to me a bit.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:52 PM

10,012 posts, read 9,441,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Can we keep her and send an lazy American do-nothing to Mexico?
Sure....But do you think the Mayor of Los Angeles wil go quietly?

Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,631,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can look back on the days when our oldest was about to enter college. She tried to get a low interest student loan but didn't qualify, why? Because we made too much money. No, we were not poor, but we were barely middle class at the time,we had 2 other kids, one that had special needs, and could barely afford college. Of course we were not minority either....No one wrote about us and how sad it was our daughter didn't quality. How did we handle this? I went back to work, our daughter worked all the time she was in college and finally the last year we took her off our income tax so she would qualify for a low interest loan. I might add she managed to join a sorority, keep her grades up and graduate in 4 years, she also got a real estate license at 19..If you want an education, you will get it.

Nita
I agree. No one was knocking on our door to help us either. Both my daughter and daughter-in-law have had to put off getting their masters degrees because they are still paying off their college loans. Even if they could afford it, the loans aren't there right now.

Sorry, just don't have much sympathy for her. She's here illegally. But you watch, it will somehow work out for her.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,774,516 times
I bet Nancy Pelosi could pay for the tuition.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,631,963 times
I'd go for a swap. Pelosi for her!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,162,817 times
Surely there must be a university in Mexico that will take her. Then she can apply for legal status in the US while attending college in her home country.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,099,337 times
When shes 18 or older and not bad looking.......................well she can come up with plenty of cash quick.................she can get a job POLE DANCIN... SOME OF THOSE MEXICAN GIRLS..THEY ARE HOTTIES..

Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 PM

194 posts, read 462,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am sorry, but i don't feel sad for her just pity. Pity, because this is what happens when you choose to come to this Country as an ILLEGAL and not by legal means. Why should illegals have any of the same privlages as we do, or for those who chose to come to this Country legally. People are only going to put up with this illegal situation for so long, for those of you not on board with the issue wise up!!!!!!
Hey genius, this girl didn't CHOOSE to come here, she was 8 years old!! This kid's as american as apple pie if she has the grades she should get the chance like any other kid educated in american schools! Let her get a loan like any other 4.0 student and become a productive member of society, these are the types of people we need to give amnesty to! People need to wise up we need all the good people we can get on our team!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 PM

378 posts, read 423,117 times
These kids may not have had the "choice" but the fact is, they were brought across the border which makes them illegal aliens in America. Their parents should have stayed put and insured that they set a proper example for their kids by following the legal path.

(Of course, why should they when this damn government GIVES them so much and rewards their illegal behavior?!)

Go BACK to Mexico, apply properly, follow the damn rules and WAIT YOUR TURN!

One of the (many) reasons we stopped going to amusement parks was because there were always the morons who'd try to cut in line . . . there we were, the rest of us standing in line for 30 minutes, 45, an hour, like it or not, if we wanted to go on the ride, we had to WAIT OUR TURN - the SAME rule applies to crossing the borders to live in America.

Either do it the right way or STAY WHERE YOU ARE.

As for this girl, boofreakinghoo . . . there are millions of good kids of good legal citizens who will NEVER go to college because they simply can't afford it and can't get loans or grants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration