U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM

646 posts, read 1,637,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I love how you assume that I am assuming it is you. There are quite a few others in this forum who have a problem with my posts...you aren't number one. And I also respect your opinion even though you would open our country up for the following (for whatever reasons I cannot fathom, but then again, they are your reasons):

Top 5 Dumbest Things in the Immigration Bill

5) Taxpayers will pay for the immigration lawyers for illegal aliens if working in agriculture.

4) Illegal aliens would be given legal status just one day after their application is filed even if a background check is not completed.

3) Gang members are eligible for amnesty if they renounce their gang status.

2) Borders do not have to be secure before the amnesty program begins.

1) $2,600,000,000,000 -- That is the cost the Heritage Foundation estimates to cover the retirement benefits of 12,000,000 illegal aliens if this amnesty bill becomes law.

So hey, rock on my friend!
I would also point out that I don't agree with this bill :-) I'm all for enforcement of current laws, just don't think a round-up is the way to go. I was simply pointing out what the majority of the people in this country believe on this issue and that we're not "united against amnesty." I don't personally believe this bill is the right thing at do, there definitely need to be some amendments to it. It's crazy that illegal immigrants would have MORE rights and a quicker way to permanent residency/citizenship than people who came here legally. They did break the law and can't just be let off the hook. What the appropriate punishment is and what we can do so this situation does not repeat itself are some tough issues that I still think need to be figured out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:19 AM
Yac

5,877 posts, read 6,306,735 times
Talk about the topic, if you really feel you need to discuss rep points, use pm.
Yac.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,877,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
I would also point out that I don't agree with this bill :-) I'm all for enforcement of current laws, just don't think a round-up is the way to go. I was simply pointing out what the majority of the people in this country believe on this issue and that we're not "united against amnesty." I don't personally believe this bill is the right thing at do, there definitely need to be some amendments to it. It's crazy that illegal immigrants would have MORE rights and a quicker way to permanent residency/citizenship than people who came here legally. They did break the law and can't just be let off the hook. What the appropriate punishment is and what we can do so this situation does not repeat itself are some tough issues that I still think need to be figured out.
"I'm all for enforcement of current laws," but not for round-up." This means you are for all illegals going back to their own countries on their own....by enforcement of current laws on books for employers not to hire any illegals.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 PM

646 posts, read 1,637,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
"I'm all for enforcement of current laws," but not for round-up." This means you are for all illegals going back to their own countries on their own....by enforcement of current laws on books for employers not to hire any illegals.
Yup, sounds about right :-)

Old 06-19-2007, 08:05 PM

11,427 posts, read 16,692,904 times
But lets not forget to thank the rest of our Government for helping him, local, state and federal.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,046,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I really like the thought of taking to the streets with Uzis in hand myself...
Now that sounds like a plan.... count me in.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,435 times
Here is a site to e-mail all staffers of your senators! Who knows, maybe one of them agrees and can make a difference. I just spilled my guts in an e-mail pleading for help!

email Congress Staff Directly - Updated for the 110th Congress

Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,761,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Here is a site to e-mail all staffers of your senators! Who knows, maybe one of them agrees and can make a difference. I just spilled my guts in an e-mail pleading for help!

email Congress Staff Directly - Updated for the 110th Congress
If you write Congress keep it short and to the point, congressmen have small brains and shorter attentions. I keep my letter short and sweet ...

Dear _______

No amnesty, secure the boarder and remove the illegals. I don't need excuses, I need results.

Mr Voter.

Anything beyond that falls on deaf ears.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
If you write Congress keep it short and to the point, congressmen have small brains and shorter attentions. I keep my letter short and sweet ...

Dear _______

No amnesty, secure the boarder and remove the illegals. I don't need excuses, I need results.

Mr Voter.

Anything beyond that falls on deaf ears.
Thanks for the info. I tried to tug at some hearts and /or consious of them. So far eight of them read the e-mail, several had auto response on. Keep trying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or