Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Mishandled how....it's the only way it's going to get handled. They're not going to pull the law before it goes into effect. The only thing ridiculous is the left trying to make issue out of something when there's nothing wrong with what Arizona is doing....the left is doing it for political gains....votes.
Gee, I didn't know governor Perry of Texas and Karl Rove were "the left." Governor Schwarzenegger also condemned it as well as one of the Republican candidates running for governor. Image that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Gee, I didn't know governor Perry of Texas and Karl Rove were "the left." Governor Schwarzenegger also condemned it as well as one of the Republican candidates running for governor. Image that?
LOL...the Terminator?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not bragging but hope I am clarifying that the boycott is not restricted to latinos. Actually this whole thing is very sad. Arizona ranks very high in the most beautiful state department [Grand Canyon is just one example]. People want to see Arizona & why it is a vacation destination state. And the other sad part is that there actually is very little disagreement over closing the border. It's the way Arizona mishandled the problem that has become the issue. It almost seems a bit ridiculous that all of this is happening. It would be best for the federal court to pull the law before it goes into effect [and that very well could happen]. A similar proposition was passed in California in 1993 & immediately halted by the court.
Let me clarify something for you. Arizona didn't "mishandle" any problem. The Federal Government did...just ask Janet Napolitano over two years ago when she acted like she DID care about the residents of the state she governed and clearly stated that the border needed more securing and begged for more help. Now under Obama's spell, the border (all of a sudden) has never been more secure. Please don't feed me that line of s***.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Let me clarify something for you. Arizona didn't "mishandle" any problem. The Federal Government did...just ask Janet Napolitano over two years ago when she acted like she DID care about the residents of the state she governed and clearly stated that the border needed more securing and begged for more help. Now under Obama's spell, the border (all of a sudden) has never been more secure. Please don't feed me that line of s***.
It's quite clear the border with Mexico has never been secure for the most part. Republican presidents welcomed illegal immigrants w/ amnesty [Reagan] and\or took a hands off approach to securing the border [both Bush I & II]. This is not, "all of a sudden", President Obama's fault and he hasn't acted any different than his immediately predecessor in the White House. There is legitimate disagreement over the issue of what to do with immigrants that are living here. The border is where the government has to start. But now we will get bogged down having to deal with a a poorly written law that is dividing the nation with states going at each other.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
It's quite clear the border with Mexico has never been secure for the most part. Republican presidents welcomed illegal immigrants w/ amnesty [Reagan] and\or took a hands off approach to securing the border [both Bush I & II]. This is not, "all of a sudden", President Obama's fault and he hasn't acted any different than his immediately predecessor in the White House. There is legitimate disagreement over the issue of what to do with immigrants that are living here. The border is where the government has to start. But now we will get bogged down having to deal with a a poorly written law that is dividing the nation with states going at each other.
I do not disagree with you on this issue "all of a sudden" becoming a problem, and while I do not hold the Obama administration solely responsible (we were wanting the border secured during the Bush administration as well - ask Janet Napolitano), Obama has called Arizona misguided not only to our own residents, but to Calderon as well. That most certainly is a slap in the face not only to Arizonans, but all Americans. The idiot most likely doesn't even have a clear understanding of SB1070 (and most likely didn't when he criticized Arizona), yet has helped set in motion the several boycotts our state is experiencing and has kept his ignorant mouth shut all the while not offering any solutions.

What many people do not understand is that the state of Arizona almost became a blue state in the last election had it not been for John McCain running for President. For people to call our state conservative (rednecks) is just ignorant as many of the conservatives in this state are fiscal conservatives. After this, Arizona most likely will not become a blue state anytime in the future.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I do not disagree with you on this issue "all of a sudden" becoming a problem, and while I do not hold the Obama administration solely responsible (we were wanting the border secured during the Bush administration as well - ask Janet Napolitano), Obama has called Arizona misguided not only to our own residents, but to Calderon as well. That most certainly is a slap in the face not only to Arizonans, but all Americans. The idiot most likely doesn't even have a clear understanding of SB1070 (and most likely didn't when he criticized Arizona), yet has helped set in motion the several boycotts our state is experiencing and has kept his ignorant mouth shut all the while not offering any solutions.

What many people do not understand is that the state of Arizona almost became a blue state in the last election had it not been for John McCain running for President. For people to call our state conservative (rednecks) is just ignorant as many of the conservatives in this state are fiscal conservatives. After this, Arizona most likely will not become a blue state anytime in the future.
I agree with you that it is just a matter of time before Arizona goes Blue like New Mexico\ Colorado & Nevada. And this will happen sooner than later as Latinos register to vote. Republicans never recovered from the Latino revenge in the early 1990's in California. But as we know, both parties have differing opinions within their ranks. Maybe one good thing has occurred with the new Arizona law. That it has brought more attention to a national problem with an open border. But Arizona is paying a high price and why it is important for the federal courts to step in soon.

Last edited by californio sur; 05-21-2010 at 12:48 AM..

Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Because he puts HIS RAZA FIRST.F the European,Black, Asians i and AMERICANS in his City.This Clown will NEVER see higher office now.
Exactly! Tony Villar gets his marching orders from Mexico!!!

How this moron ever got to be mayor is beyond me.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

Easy! It's called voting! In Los Angeles that generally means Democrats running against other Democrats. Villaraigosa won 59% of the vote in 2005 running against the sitting mayor [Hahn] & 56% of the vote in 2009.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 AM

346 posts, read 709,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

In liberal LA and SF, so long as you're a Democrat, you have a very VERY good chance of winning.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:00 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Well at least because of term limits, Villar cannot run again in 2013.:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration