Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
i been puled over by tha man a lot but let go always
i aint no ilegal alien tho
It does not always go that easily and I'm sure you realize that. What if you were of hispanic origin and that officer had a axe to grind, do you think that you still would have gotten off so easy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Apparently, every one else's pain is much lesser than yours. As a 38-year-old gay male, I can tell you that the world we live in is not a perfect one. Aside from that, it's become quite apparent that you haven't taken the time to read SB1070 before formulating judgments about it. Then again, I assume you haven't met many of the CD posters, but it hasn't stopped you from formulating judgments about how fortunate and hassle-free their lives have been.
Lets try to make this easy for you to understand, suppose that you are a flaming queen and you are driving through the backwoods of some small town in Texas and you are pulled over by a highly conservative cop. You are all alone and you can tell he does not like you.......what are the chances that this will turn out ok?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Lets try to make this easy for you to understand, suppose that you are a flaming queen and you are driving through the backwoods of some small town in Texas and you are pulled over by a highly conservative cop. You are all alone and you can tell he does not like you.......what are the chances that this will turn out ok?
Oh it can only be bad right? All cops are power mad Nazi's. None are honest or have integrity. Ok I got that.
Every cop including the many Hispanic cops are going to hassle Hispanics.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Oh it can only be bad right? All cops are power mad Nazi's. None are honest or have integrity. Ok I got that.
Every cop including the many Hispanic cops are going to hassle Hispanics.
I NEVER said that! Please reread my post! Isaid that all that it would take is a few. I'm not that paranoid or stupid to say that all cops are bad, but I'm not stupid enough to say that all are good either

Old 05-24-2010, 08:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
I NEVER said that! Please reread my post! Isaid that all that it would take is a few. I'm not that paranoid or stupid to say that all cops are bad, but I'm not stupid enough to say that all are good either
In which case what has changed?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
...because he is a MORON. He's more concerned about "civil rights" and that no one should be subjected to search because of what he looks like than he is concerned about our country's financial security and border security, and the infighting between states as a result of the inexcusable boycotts from places like California.

He must be smoking what the idiot leaders in California are. He obviously has no understanding of SB1070, our own federal laws, and needs to be taken out of office since it's becoming clearer and clearer that his intentions are not to protect the well-being of the U.S. citizens.

Thank you, i agree those in power in my State of Calif, are morons, without smoking anything, they don't need drugs, to make them the ignorant stupid morons they are. It is clear to me they don't give a damn about us citizens, only illegals being here illegally, to help their agendas!! With Obama Power with the course, this is what i expect from him, and nothing better.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Bam's daze of the weak - NYPOST.com He hates America

Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 PM

378 posts, read 424,552 times
Quote:
If what the good sheriff is doing is fair and unbias I have no arguement with that.

As far as the enforment of the law b/c of a few deviates, lets look at the root of various riots throughout the country in the pass 40 years that were caused b/c of "one or two officers" that abuse their positions....

Louisville - beating of a blackman 1968
Watts -illegal arrest 1965
Newark - murder of a cab driver by police 1967
Rodney King -1992
Cincinnati - murder of child by police 2001

And before those don't forget about the Zoot Suiters in La.

Just these 5 riots caused millions of dollars in damages and not to mention lost of life by many all b/c a cop or two decided to take the law into their own hands. Don't get me wrong there is a probelm in Arizona but this law will only make it worst in the long run.

Compare the stats of those events with the stats involving crimes committed and damage done by ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Sheriff Joe is doing this country a great service - HE HAS the courage and conviction that the President of the United States and Congress LACK.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
We all know that Obama is an open borders kinda guy. He sent his goons in to look for any sort of civil rights violations in the manner in which Sheriff Joe and his officers enforce immigration law.

They found none, zip, zero, nada--during the year that they've tailed them or in the past years of enforcement.

You cannot simply state that a law must not be enforced because there is a chance that one or two officers out of the hundreds or thousands enforcing said law may abuse the system.

In the immortal words of Spock, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
I think I've used this same quote a couple of times myself. It fits.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
It does not always go that easily and I'm sure you realize that. What if you were of hispanic origin and that officer had a axe to grind, do you think that you still would have gotten off so easy?
Or what if the officer were black and he had an axe to grind against white people or vice versa? Or what if the officer were asian and had an axe to grind against black people? Or what if the officer were hispanic and he had an axe to grind against both whites and blacks? See where we are going with this? So what is your point? Most officers are not racists and that is the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration