Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times

Advertisements

...to help protect national security

ALONG THE Canadian border

IT’S YOUR LAND:Fighting for the Family Farm « Liveshots

Don't miss this part

"As a civics teacher, I'm astounded," he told Fox News."I talk to my students about a responsive government, a government that protects rights, a government that protects property. And I have a representative of my own federal government, sit down in my parents' kitchen and tell them that the federal government sees no reason why they should keep their land?" he says angrily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:41 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Big deal !

If a farmer says losing 4.9 acres is gonna put him out of business, he never should have been called a farmer. ( maybe a gardener or " floppy hatted homesteader"

He will be compensated for that tiny plot at the rate of over $7,000 per acre.
Real farmers lose land everyday to eminant domain ( highways, etc) and even in prime farmland areas, they rarely get that high a rate per acre.

No sympathy from me !

Old 05-21-2010, 08:57 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
I wonder if this is a continuation for the Super Highway project with open borders from Canada to Mexico to create a unification of all three countries? In politicians minds it would eliminate a large portion of "illegal entries" now making them legal entries.

Quote:
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency is beefing up crossings on both the borders of Canada and Mexico, and has received $420 million in stimulus funds for that purpose. The agency also says the project will help the local Vermont economy, by providing more than 90 jobs. The agency says “modernizing the Morses Line Port will address a critical national security need.” The goal of Homeland Security officials remains the protection of our country, and the agency insists it is working in a way to balance the local concerns with its mandate to protect the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration