Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:16 AM

569 posts, read 1,668,698 times

Advertisements

Since it was all over the national news the other day I would assume everyone heard about the Haitians capsizing off of Boynton Beach and being rescued while many perished. They also said that half of the Haitians living in S. Florida are here illegally. No surprise here. So Let me get this straight. Haitians are loading up on anything that will float and piling on way too many bodies. Then when they get close to our shores they either make it to shore and disappear or they capsize and need to be rescued by us. We then have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on law enforcement, Coast Guard Cutters, Sheriff's boats, helicopters, search planes, ambulances and hospitals just to rescue these people who should not be coming here in the first place. Then we have to pay to feed and clothe them and house them until we pay to send them back to Haiti. Then they turn around only to try to come back for another $300,000 U.S. taxpayer rescue effort.

The worst part is the Haitian community is fighting for all Haitians to come here and become automatic citizens. Why don't they pay for these search and rescues and medical care? Why don't they pay for all the rest? No, they should not be able to come here at all. Many are bringing in diseases such as AIDS, Tuburculosis, and every other kind of infectious disease present in the poorest cesspool country in the Western Hemisphere. The only reason why they don't go to another country like the Dominican Republic which shares the island with them is because no one else wants them and they would be killed. At least it keeps them away.

What are your thoughts on these people coming to South Florida and all the expense involved? Shouldn't they pay for willingly risking their own lives and for breaking our laws?

Last edited by psouth; 05-16-2009 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 11:01 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,867,973 times
Haiti is the poorest country in the world, now put your self in their shows, think of how selfish you are being right now.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
Haiti is the poorest country in the world, now put your self in their shows, think of how selfish you are being right now.
When did that become our problem? Don't we have enough of our own at the moment? So you are saying anyone should be able to come here and get a free ride while Americans are struggling and losing everything they own? Every time we try to help Haiti the money just disappears in corruption over there.

Maybe you can go to Haiti and try to help them build a modern society then. Chances are you wouldn't survive your first week there. You would be killed.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 AM

I'm really tired of being the only country trying to bail out the whole world. These other countries and governments need to start taking care of themselves. All the crap and distressed should not be coming to Florida. I for one do not want to pay for it.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,867,973 times
i understand it shouldn't really be our problem, but this country was built on immigrants. im white live in miami, its hard for me to get a job because of that. yet im technically the minority, im still cant qualify for help. if it was up to me this minority **** should be forgotten of. who gives a **** what happened 50 years ago, we need to worry about whats happening now.

no we shouldnt give people free rides, while our own struggle. but most that do struggle are immigrants them selves, even though now the middle class is disappearing more than ever, and i do have Haitian friends, but honestly alot of haiti is a lost cause, they should send money to developing countries that are successful like the Bahamas. so less money would be spent elsewhere and more can be spent at home.

Last edited by somebodymiami; 05-16-2009 at 12:33 PM..

Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 AM

310 posts, read 868,596 times
I actually lived in Haiti for about 5 months doing volunteer work, many years ago. If I was born in Haiti I'd do anything to leave and come to the US, too. Had no idea that there could be hell on earth that bad until spending time over there.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:48 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I have zero sympathy for illegal immigration of any kind. As a first generation son of an immigrant, I especially get annoyed at the Haitian community DEMANDING citizenship, or for the end to deportations of the illegals that are here. We really need to stop importing poverty. This isn't 1915 anymore, when the government offered ZERO assistance, ZERO welfare, ZERO foodstamps, ZERO WIC, etc. to the hordes that came over here. Something has to go away: importation of the poor illegals, or social services. I know which one I would rather give up.

It was funny though. The other day on the news when the event happened, the news casters were all, "immigrants lost at sea, searching for a better life, etc. etc."

They then had a "question of the day" poll: Should those that survived the wreck get asylum?

9% said yes. 91% said no.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I have zero sympathy for illegal immigration of any kind. As a first generation son of an immigrant, I especially get annoyed at the Haitian community DEMANDING citizenship, or for the end to deportations of the illegals that are here. We really need to stop importing poverty. This isn't 1915 anymore, when the government offered ZERO assistance, ZERO welfare, ZERO foodstamps, ZERO WIC, etc. to the hordes that came over here. Something has to go away: importation of the poor illegals, or social services. I know which one I would rather give up.

It was funny though. The other day on the news when the event happened, the news casters were all, "immigrants lost at sea, searching for a better life, etc. etc."

They then had a "question of the day" poll: Should those that survived the wreck get asylum?

9% said yes. 91% said no.
Definitely true. How do you like the ambulance chasing attorneys on the news sticking up for them and saying they should all get automatic citizenship once they make to to our soil. And these are American attorneys. I just don't get it. Unbelievable.

The worst part is the employers in S. Florida cannot hire these people fast enough. Go into any Publix, retail stores, restaurants, and most banks and you will see many Haitians working there. I know they work cheap but c'mon. Many have such bad accents that you cannot even understand them and they are working with the public. What kind of message is this sending. You may as well just post a banner in Haiti with directions to Florida and a guaranteed job.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:47 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times
Although I do feel sorry for them living under a corrupt government and being geographically located in a hot spot for frequent natural disasters that doesn't imply that it's the US's responsibility to keep assisting them.

I'm certain that the US has sent/sends plenty of financial assistance to Haiti so it would help if they pleaded for assistance from the rest of the countries in the Americas, UN, Red Cross and maybe even the EU.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
i understand it shouldn't really be our problem, but this country was built on immigrants. im white live in miami, its hard for me to get a job because of that. yet im technically the minority, im still cant qualify for help. if it was up to me this minority **** should be forgotten of. who gives a **** what happened 50 years ago, we need to worry about whats happening now.

no we shouldnt give people free rides, while our own struggle. but most that do struggle are immigrants them selves, even though now the middle class is disappearing more than ever, and i do have Haitian friends, but honestly alot of haiti is a lost cause, they should send money to developing countries that are successful like the Bahamas. so less money would be spent elsewhere and more can be spent at home.
We 'owe' the world nothing.

It is the responsibility of Haiti, etc. to control their breeding if their people cannot feed the children that are born.

Flip side: how us about taking over Haiti which would subject it to US laws and customs----------up to and including the phasing out of French for English.

PS: all nations were built by immigrants in some manner with the possible exception of East Africa to where all human beings can trace their DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration