U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,824,032 times
Reputation: 1802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Your ridiculous list of cities in which anti American leftist stooges have infiltrated city councils and have been ordered by the radical marxist amnesty democratic politicians to boycott travel to Arizona is a grandstanding meaningless smokescreen. At least 3 of the cities on your list are from states filing versions of Arizona SB 1070. Have anti American leftist stooges been ordered yet to expand their meaningless boycotts to include these 17 new states? I mean, after all, you'd know wouldn't you?
Sorry but you sound paranoid to believe what you posted. Otherwise we have two America's: one rural & conservative and the other urban & liberal. The conspiracy theories are only a way to de-legitimize our government system of democracy. And leaves open the door that conservative cities\ state vote the way they do because of a bunch of anarchists militia-types [which isn't true]. You can't dismiss one notion and have the other.

 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Sorry but you sound paranoid to believe what you posted. Otherwise we have two America's: one rural & conservative and the other urban & liberal. The conspiracy theories are only a way to de-legitimize our government system of democracy. And leaves open the door that conservative cities\ state vote the way they do because of a bunch of anarchists militia-types [which isn't true]. You can't dismiss one notion and have the other.
Utter nonsense. So you'd have us believe that anti American leftist stooges in these city councils all around the country just decided to boycott Arizona all on their own free volition? Independently? All of these anti American leftist stooges aren't told by their marxist progressive leaders how high to jump?
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,824,032 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Utter nonsense. So you'd have us believe that anti American leftist stooges in these city councils all around the country just decided to boycott Arizona all on their own free volition? Independently? All of these anti American leftist stooges aren't told by their marxist progressive leaders how high to jump?
Well you can believe whatever you want even when you are blatantly wrong! All elected officers have to win elections in order to stay in office. Remember, we live in a democracy? It is a typical ploy to suggest that the people you disagree with are not representative of their communities. Like I wrote before the same thing could be applied to any elected politician [conservative or liberal]. We have elections in America and the majority of votes determines who represents the people. If you think the numerous city councils\ mayors in California are going to be put out of office because of the boycotts of Arizona then you are wrong again and will find out once the next elections occur.
 
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Well you can believe whatever you want even when you are blatantly wrong! All elected officers have to win elections in order to stay in office. Remember, we live in a democracy? It is a typical ploy to suggest that the people you disagree with are not representative of their communities. Like I wrote before the same thing could be applied to any elected politician [conservative or liberal]. We have elections in America and the majority of votes determines who represents the people. If you think the numerous city councils\ mayors in California are going to be put out of office because of the boycotts of Arizona then you are wrong again and will find out once the next elections occur.
Obfuscation. Progressive (marxist) democrats have been running for political office (infiltrating) for decades. Are you or are you not going to tell me how a bunch of anti American leftist stooges on city councils all around the country decided that they were all going to independently boycott Arizona?
 
Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
 
358 posts, read 332,608 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Well you can believe whatever you want even when you are blatantly wrong! All elected officers have to win elections in order to stay in office. Remember, we live in a democracy? It is a typical ploy to suggest that the people you disagree with are not representative of their communities. Like I wrote before the same thing could be applied to any elected politician [conservative or liberal]. We have elections in America and the majority of votes determines who represents the people. If you think the numerous city councils\ mayors in California are going to be put out of office because of the boycotts of Arizona then you are wrong again and will find out once the next elections occur.
The People do not vote all politicians into office. I will be touching on this issue further with you tomorrow, but we do have an electoral college and voting districts..

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla...tion-poll.html

Is this the will of the people? Is this what we voted in the L.A. city council in to do? Did ANYONE vote for the City Council to interfere with another states laws, and illegally restrict interstate commerce? I have already been over this with you Sur, you know better.

Last edited by Iceman82; 05-22-2010 at 11:03 PM..
 
Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,824,032 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
The People do not vote all politicians into office. I will be touching on this issue further with you tomorrow, but we do have an electoral college and voting districts..

Poll: Was the L.A. City Council right to pass a boycott of Arizona? | Opinion L.A. | Los Angeles Times

Is this the will of the people? Is this what we voted in the L.A. city council in to do? Did ANYONE vote for the City Council to interfere with another states laws, and illegally restrict interstate commerce? I have already been over this with you Sur, you know better.
Gee, I didn't know there was an electoral college for city council members? Polls don't win elections. If the people of Tucson\ Flagstaff\ Bisbee\ San Luis vote out their council representatives then perhaps we will know how the residents feel about the Arizona law. Maybe you or others will keep track of these elections to see if you were right or wrong. Would you mind keeping track of these cities also?:
Seattle, WA
Worchester, MA
Lawrence, MA
Springfield
, MA
Amherst, MA

Columbus, Ohio
Tacoma, WA
Albuquerque, NM
Dallas, TX
New York, NY
Hartford, CN
Coachella, CA

Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA Madison, WI
Austin, TX
West Hollywood, CA
Boston, MA
Oakland, CA
El Paso, TX
St. Paul, MN
Springfield, MA
Worcester, MA
Washington D.C.
Milwaukee, WI
Chicago, IL
NYC, NY
Boulder, CO
St. Paul, MN
Tacoma, WA
Lawrence, MA
Amherst, MA
Sacramento, CA
Baldwin Park, CA
South el Monte, CA
Santa Cruz, CA
 
Old 05-23-2010, 12:08 AM
 
358 posts, read 332,608 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Gee, I didn't know there was an electoral college for city council members? Polls don't win elections. If the people of Tucson\ Flagstaff\ Bisbee\ San Luis vote out their council representatives then perhaps we will know how the residents feel about the Arizona law. Maybe you or others will keep track of these elections to see if you were right or wrong. Would you mind keeping track of these cities also
Already went over your list. Once again you are attempting to take me out of context. I said not ALL Politicians are voted in by voters. I was using the great city of L.A. to demonstrate city councils not doing the will of the people. You REALLY need to stop being so narrow minded, I hope you don't mind some friendly criticism but you really need to A) Take reading comprehension classes, or B) Start being open to new ideas so you stop seeing only what you want, or c) all of the above. I only say this because you keep beating the same points over and over.. even after I show you the logic is flawed or outright wrong. Stop wasting readers time with half truths and rhetoric, do you have a response about L.A.? I only use L.A. because I live here and do not feel like doing hours of research to prove you wrong on the other cities. Why don't you try responding to all the information I have requested from you on various posts?
Don't take this the wrong way, the only reason I tolerate you is because I know you are young, have a very black and white view on these issues, and are intelligent. Don't become another narrow minded ethnocentric azz, I'm rooting for ya.
 
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,824,032 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Already went over your list. Once again you are attempting to take me out of context. I said not ALL Politicians are voted in by voters. I was using the great city of L.A. to demonstrate city councils not doing the will of the people. You REALLY need to stop being so narrow minded, I hope you don't mind some friendly criticism but you really need to A) Take reading comprehension classes, or B) Start being open to new ideas so you stop seeing only what you want, or c) all of the above. I only say this because you keep beating the same points over and over.. even after I show you the logic is flawed or outright wrong. Stop wasting readers time with half truths and rhetoric, do you have a response about L.A.? I only use L.A. because I live here and do not feel like doing hours of research to prove you wrong on the other cities. Why don't you try responding to all the information I have requested from you on various posts?
Don't take this the wrong way, the only reason I tolerate you is because I know you are young, have a very black and white view on these issues, and are intelligent. Don't become another narrow minded ethnocentric azz, I'm rooting for ya.
I don't need to do anything, thank you very much but produce the facts rather than empty verbiage. If you can't cite or show info that is linked than you are a bluffer [hot air and nothing more]. You have yet to prove anything but have the audacity to attack me. It's not worth debating someone who is unwilling or unable to substantial their claims. You won't have to tolerate me anymore since I will never address you again, pal! Good-bye.
 
Old 05-23-2010, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,222,183 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
oic...Are you boycotting the federal government as well for not enforcing the laws they put into place and not providing a solution for the problem in AZ which is exactly why AZ enacted this bill? You do realize that AZ is paying not only in crime, but also tax dollars in educating and housing these illegals (in jails, prisons) and the government needs to pay up?
People didn't have as big of a problem before the country was in the gutter, and even when it was, when Bush was president it was like "We want this done, but there's no hurry." As opposed to now where it's "Why haven't you done anything yet? It's all your fault."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Kind of like the way the Federal Government poorly enforces its laws?
And while there could be more, you are basing this statement off of this one example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Are you clueless? Arizona has been waiting for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to step in to solve this problem for months and months and they still haven't. That is what started this whole mess. Do you keep up with current events at all?
Yes, that is what started it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Your ridiculous list of cities in which anti American leftist stooges have infiltrated city councils and have been ordered by the radical marxist amnesty democratic politicians to boycott travel to Arizona is a grandstanding meaningless smokescreen. At least 3 of the cities on your list are from states filing versions of Arizona SB 1070. Have anti American leftist stooges been ordered yet to expand their meaningless boycotts to include these 17 new states? I mean, after all, you'd know wouldn't you?
Wow, you're so right, that makes perfect sense is completely compatible!

Last edited by thePR; 05-23-2010 at 01:24 AM..
 
Old 05-23-2010, 01:10 AM
 
358 posts, read 332,608 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I don't need to do anything, thank you very much but produce the facts rather than empty verbiage. If you can't cite or show info that is linked than you are a bluffer [hot air and nothing more]. You have yet to prove anything but have the audacity to attack me. It's not worth debating someone who is unwilling or unable to substantial their claims. You won't have to tolerate me anymore since I will never address you again, pal! Good-bye.
LMAO!! you are funny... I have posted DOZENS of links PROVING what I say, apparently you forgot about that? I have been asking you on several posts to prove your statements with fact, YOU HAVE YET TO DO SO. Once I ask for proof you stop posting on that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur
You can discard all you want [not an uncommon thing that Republicans continually attack their own party members]. It is reality that Latinos have left the Republican party and people like Karl Rove comment on it frequently. Trying to argue otherwise is silly in the face of overwhelming evidence. But that's your opinion. It won't change things & certainly won't produce another prop 187 in California if that is what you wish for.
I will NOT disregard hard evidence, all you have is opinions. And he is NOT in my party, like I have told you before. Unlike you I don't believe everything I read, unless it is back up with a lil something called Facts, you can buy into the propaganda all you like.. the Dem's will love you for it. Bet they wish there was millions of you (eligible to vote), Dem's would Rule this country. I forgot to mention, I NEVER said Latino's do not vote Democrat (majority) I simply SHOWED you they make up very little of the overall votes, and do not yield all of this "Magical Power" you keep talking about. The reason I SHOWED you the percentage of Latino votes was to PROVE that 187 did not make them register to vote and become Democrats in droves like you state, and that the White vote in California is 4x the numbers.
Time for a new prop #187 in California.

Arizona energy official calls L.A.'s bluff on total boycott

Second link was another response (you never responded back to either, I just wanted you to support your opinion with evidence). We both know I give links and facts, I only stopped doing it for you on the SAME issues I have posted links to several times. The only person here with unsubstantiated claims that is full of hot air is you, all of the readers can type in my name, see ALL of the links and hard evidence I have supplied you with, all the request I have given for solid proof to validate your arguments, and see you provide me with nothing but rhetoric. I will keep proving you wrong, as long as you try and spread disinformation on this board. I would hardly call our exchanges a debate, you have to support your claims with valid arguments in order to do that, with solid evidence to support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top