U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Easy enough to explain, the article you posted was from exactly one month ago, before the SB 1070 changes. That makes your info outdated. Gotta have something to reflect his stance after the changes to the law were made
It's like banging your head against a brick wall, isn't it?

All you accomplish is giving yourself a major headache.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM

7,413 posts, read 7,831,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Can you explain the comment from the Phoenix chief of police? Perhaps you have an answer to this recent statement from the Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police. Or are your dodging your earlier statement?

"Meanwhile, the Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police (AAOP) has said SB-1070 is “problematic and will negatively affect the ability of law enforcement agencies across the state to fulfill their many responsibilities in a timely manner.” The president of the Arizona Fraternal Order of Police (http://www.azfop.com/AboutUs.asp - broken link) — an association of sworn law enforcement officers — has also expressed concerns that the bill “will bankrupt our city.” “What’s going to happen is you’re going to fear the police…they’re [immigrants] going to shy away from us instead of coming forward with information,” stated Sgt. Bryan Soller in a local interview."
Wonk Room » Phoenix Police Officer: Arizona Law ‘Will Make Me Feel Like A Nazi’

Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM

358 posts, read 332,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What's interesting is that it wouldn't have been exactly "political suicide" if Mayor Villaraigosa had not called for a boycott of Arizona but his life and that of the city council would have been miserable. The demonstrations demanding he & the council denounce Arizona & call for a boycott are louder than those who oppose it even though polls suggest that most Angelenos favor the Arizona law! Strange but true. But most people in California are basically concerned about other things [ie. economy] and personally will probably visit Arizona anyway if that was their plan before the boycott. Though Latinos, as a whole, are very unhappy with Arizona and a good number will very likely not enter your state until this law is put to rest.
Why would Angelinos in support of the law be out protesting in front of city hall not to boycott Arizona? The people that were out there in front of LA city hall were demonstrating against SB 1070, and were calling on a boycott of AZ. So I should have been out front of City Hall protesting in favor of a law that already passed? besides that city council went forward on it, and we know it's mostly just a symbolic gesture. I also wanted to point out that while the vast majority in L.A. do not agree with the boycott, do you really think they will take a day off work to protest the city council? the elections will decide this issue.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Can you explain the comment from the Phoenix chief of police? Perhaps you have an answer to this recent statement from the Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police. Or are your dodging your earlier statement?

"Meanwhile, the Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police (AAOP) has said SB-1070 is “problematic and will negatively affect the ability of law enforcement agencies across the state to fulfill their many responsibilities in a timely manner.” The president of the Arizona Fraternal Order of Police (http://www.azfop.com/AboutUs.asp - broken link) — an association of sworn law enforcement officers — has also expressed concerns that the bill “will bankrupt our city.” “What’s going to happen is you’re going to fear the police…they’re [immigrants] going to shy away from us instead of coming forward with information,” stated Sgt. Bryan Soller in a local interview."
Wonk Room » Phoenix Police Officer: Arizona Law ‘Will Make Me Feel Like A Nazi’
Lol....Ahhh you almost got me with that one!
Have you noticed the reoccurring theme from this far left article? Money. Not the legality of the issue, but if there will be enough cops on the street, and how much it's going to cost. Then you throw out the Nazi comment made by one police officer from Phoenix- the article reported 2 officers against the bill in the entire department. We both know 2 people do not represent the majority, or even a double digit percentage. Think Progressive is a Lib fish wrapper.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

At this point I'm not even trying. Just want him to see the whole picture.. dont know if he will ever get it. He threw a tantrum last night when I tried to give some constructive criticism, now he wont answer me.. boo hooo!

Old 05-23-2010, 04:09 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,224,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You are clueless. If you're going to show sarcasm, at least give us a good argument.
Liam, you have never had a real argument. Don't get mad that I'm pointing out flaws.

Last edited by thePR; 05-23-2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 04:12 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,056,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Liam, you have never had a real argument. don't get mad that I'm pointing out flaws.
I love your absolutes. I think they're quite entertaining...thanks. I've got one for you...you never get it, do you?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:20 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
The police UNION came out in favor of the law.................and there the boots on the ground where as the Chief is a political appointee and he better dance to the tune of HIS masters.............or adios amigo to him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or