U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,139,559 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Well, we can't deport people who are citizens, but if you want to leave that's okay.
Excuse me? Why would I want to leave my Country that I am trying to save from the disgusting blatant rape and invasion from another country? And please retract your ego, I never asked for nor would ever need your permission to leave this country, as with those who feel they have the right to spend my money on those here illegally.

I am an American.

Do you possess any knowledge regarding our FEDERAL LAW which requires ALL those here legally from another country to carry legal papers on their person at ALL times? AZ is being kind.

I do believe those who are ignorantly throwing themselves around, hassling our law enforcement should be given as much discomfort as possible, another waste illegal immigration causes.

When will those who fight for the illegal alien wake up to the billions of dollars they cost this Country? That they send to another country? I am hoping when those who actually have to pay have enough like the rest of us.

Until then I'll continue to keep you informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,226,672 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Excuse me? Why would I want to leave my Country that I am trying to save from the disgusting blatant rape and invasion from another country? And please retract your ego, I never asked for nor would ever need your permission to leave this country, as with those who feel they have the right to spend my money on those here illegally.

I am an American.

Do you possess any knowledge regarding our FEDERAL LAW which requires ALL those here legally from another country to carry legal papers on their person at ALL times? AZ is being kind.

I do believe those who are ignorantly throwing themselves around, hassling our law enforcement should be given as much discomfort as possible, another waste illegal immigration causes.

When will those who fight for the illegal alien wake up to the billions of dollars they cost this Country? That they send to another country? I am hoping when those who actually have to pay have enough like the rest of us.

Until then I'll continue to keep you informed.
You're excused.

I'm going to guess that you're of German, Polish, Irish, Italian, Russian, Spanish, or Asian decent, right? Right. You know that the English considered those to be doing the same thing you claim the Mexicans are doing, because you sure aren't complaining about any other people.

In fact, my family most likely has been here longer than yours and I think that you don't have a right to be here.

I see you weren't complaining when Bush was president, I see how it goes, complain endlessly when your god isn't in office.

You do realize they keep prices cheap and still pay taxes. Clearly not, and even if you did you'd complain even more than you are now.

Where can I get one of your tin foil helmets? Then I will be able to see how you are being "informed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
 
364 posts, read 184,607 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You're excused.

I'm going to guess that you're of German, Polish, Irish, Italian, Russian, Spanish, or Asian decent, right? Right. You know that the English considered those to be doing the same thing you claim the Mexicans are doing, because you sure aren't complaining about any other people.

In fact, my family most likely has been here longer than yours and I think that you don't have a right to be here.

I see you weren't complaining when Bush was president, I see how it goes, complain endlessly when your god isn't in office.

You do realize they keep prices cheap and still pay taxes. Clearly not, and even if you did you'd complain even more than you are now.

Where can I get one of your tin foil helmets? Then I will be able to see how you are being "informed."
some of my ppl been here before there was a usa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You're excused.

I'm going to guess that you're of German, Polish, Irish, Italian, Russian, Spanish, or Asian decent, right? Right. You know that the English considered those to be doing the same thing you claim the Mexicans are doing, because you sure aren't complaining about any other people.

In fact, my family most likely has been here longer than yours and I think that you don't have a right to be here.

I see you weren't complaining when Bush was president, I see how it goes, complain endlessly when your god isn't in office.

You do realize they keep prices cheap and still pay taxes. Clearly not, and even if you did you'd complain even more than you are now.

Where can I get one of your tin foil helmets? Then I will be able to see how you are being "informed."
I am from both Irish and Polish ancestors who came here after the U.S. was established as a nation and after we had immigration laws. I was born here from legal parents, therefore I have a right to be here. Mexicans or anyone else who don't come here legally today are illegal aliens.

As for Bush, I had no use for him even though I have Republican conservative values. There has been several administrations that go back decades that turned a blind eye to illegal immigration both Republican and Democrat.

For the most part the employment of illegal aliens only lined the employer's pockets for profit. Not much if anything was passed on to the consumer in lower prices. As for the illegals paying taxes, yes some do but no way do the taxes they pay cover their social costs. It is we the American taxpayer that is having to bear the brunt of those costs.

The tinfoil hat needs to be worn by the clueless who support illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,836,345 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
some of my ppl been here before there was a usa
California was claimed for Spain in 1542 and colonization started in 1769. Spanish was the native tongue for nearly 100 years. claimed for the Spanish Crown in 1542
California was first claimed for the Spanish Crown in 1542
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 02:17 AM
 
346 posts, read 616,591 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post

You do realize they keep prices cheap and still pay taxes. Clearly not, and even if you did you'd complain even more than you are now.

Where can I get one of your tin foil helmets? Then I will be able to see how you are being "informed."
I'd like you to clarify something for me if possible:

Situation 1:
Illegals keep prices cheap, yes?
Most pro-illegals want CIR. This eventually makes illegals US citizens.
Now, assume it passes and we have 10+ million legal citizens.
The farmers in which they labored for now have to pay them minimum wage.
The farmers, no longer paying these former-illegals 4 bucks an hour, now pay them minimum wage, which costs more.
End result: Prices of produce go up significantly.

Situation 2:
ICE raids farms, deports illegals no longer receiving substandard wages.
Farmers are required to hire US citizens.
End result: Prices of produce go up significantly.


There's no argument for "cheap produce" because any way you spin it, prices will go up. The only difference is, in situation 2 you are abiding by law, don't add 10+ million uneducated low skilled workers to the US job market, and are giving unemployed US citizens a job.

Also - regarding illegals paying taxes. Some do, some don't. Illegals have three options:
1.)Get paid in cash, don't pay taxes.
2.)Pay taxes using forged documents or a fake SSN
3.)Pay taxes using ITIN.

The first 2 are illegal. (Obviously). Would you want somebody stealing your identity, possibly ruining your credit score?

You claim "tinfoil" and "paranoia", but do not realize that these are REALITIES. They are not conspiracy theories generated by nuts to get people afraid - identity theft is real. Tax evasion is real.

Unemployed Americans are tough people - they WILL do most of the jobs that illegals do - construction, nannies, food service. Who did it before the massive illegal invasion? Americans. I'm glad we're starting to crackdown on scumbag employers who keep honest Americans out of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 AM
 
346 posts, read 616,591 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
California was claimed for Spain in 1542 and colonization started in 1769. Spanish was the native tongue for nearly 100 years. claimed for the Spanish Crown in 1542
California was first claimed for the Spanish Crown in 1542
Your point? California is now part of the United States of America...

For now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 02:53 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,226,672 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
I'd like you to clarify something for me if possible:

Situation 1:
Illegals keep prices cheap, yes?
Most pro-illegals want CIR. This eventually makes illegals US citizens.
Now, assume it passes and we have 10+ million legal citizens.
The farmers in which they labored for now have to pay them minimum wage.
The farmers, no longer paying these former-illegals 4 bucks an hour, now pay them minimum wage, which costs more.
End result: Prices of produce go up significantly.

Situation 2:
ICE raids farms, deports illegals no longer receiving substandard wages.
Farmers are required to hire US citizens.
End result: Prices of produce go up significantly.


There's no argument for "cheap produce" because any way you spin it, prices will go up. The only difference is, in situation 2 you are abiding by law, don't add 10+ million uneducated low skilled workers to the US job market, and are giving unemployed US citizens a job.

Also - regarding illegals paying taxes. Some do, some don't. Illegals have three options:
1.)Get paid in cash, don't pay taxes.
2.)Pay taxes using forged documents or a fake SSN
3.)Pay taxes using ITIN.

The first 2 are illegal. (Obviously). Would you want somebody stealing your identity, possibly ruining your credit score?

You claim "tinfoil" and "paranoia", but do not realize that these are REALITIES. They are not conspiracy theories generated by nuts to get people afraid - identity theft is real. Tax evasion is real.

Unemployed Americans are tough people - they WILL do most of the jobs that illegals do - construction, nannies, food service. Who did it before the massive illegal invasion? Americans. I'm glad we're starting to crackdown on scumbag employers who keep honest Americans out of work.
If the immigrants were to become citizens the prices wouldn't go up as much if they kept their jobs compared to if current White Americans took over. Why? Because they are White and most of the jobs where prices would change are in agriculture and the way wages work for agriculture are different.

We've already gone over that if you have a ssn, you are paying taxes and in fact, many pay more than what they get back. Back before this there still were immigrants who worked the fields, but many jobs weren't outsourced and the prices were easier to stay competitive with combined with the fact that there was no minimum wage or it was very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
If the immigrants were to become citizens the prices wouldn't go up as much if they kept their jobs compared to if current White Americans took over. Why? Because they are White and most of the jobs where prices would change are in agriculture and the way wages work for agriculture are different.

We've already gone over that if you have a ssn, you are paying taxes and in fact, many pay more than what they get back. Back before this there still were immigrants who worked the fields, but many jobs weren't outsourced and the prices were easier to stay competitive with combined with the fact that there was no minimum wage or it was very low.
Why should we allow illegal aliens to keep their jobs when Americans (not only the white ones) would fill most of those jobs? Agricultural jobs are the only ones that might be hard to fill and for that we have unlimited visas for foreign workers to come here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,836,345 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
Your point? California is now part of the United States of America...

For now.
My point is to keep things in perspective. For those calling for English-only laws is impractical in the Southwest where Latinos are the largest ethnic minority. Historically the language of California is Spanish, that will never change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top