U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-23-2010, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 2,794,599 times
Reputation: 573

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
We all know when Congress passes an Act is for their benefit not ours.
We are so glad that some people using this forum ARE NOT in positions of power, no user names mentioned in this post, as people can see, some might get the drift.
Quote:
An act to enforce the constitutional right to vote, to confer jurisdiction upon the district courts of the United States of America to provide relief against discrimination in public accommodations, to authorize the Attorney General to institute suits to protect constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, to extend the Commission on Civil Rights, to prevent discrimination in federally assisted programs, to establish a Commission on Equal Employment Opportunity, and for other purposes.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How many people actually believe that the Civil Rights Act was to benefit politicians, other than the person whose post this is in reply to?

If people do not like the melting pot we're all in here in America, they can move somewhere else. I didn't volunteer to serve in the Armed Forces for some no account reason, I did it to help preserve our civil rights, and the rights which we all enjoy day after day.
I believe the author of the Arizona Bill should relocate, to another part of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2010, 09:15 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
We are so glad that some people using this forum ARE NOT in positions of power, no user names mentioned in this post, as people can see, some might get the drift.


Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How many people actually believe that the Civil Rights Act was to benefit politicians, other than the person whose post this is in reply to?

If people do not like the melting pot we're all in here in America, they can move somewhere else. I didn't volunteer to serve in the Armed Forces for some no account reason, I did it to help preserve our civil rights, and the rights which we all enjoy day after day.
I believe the author of the Arizona Bill should relocate, to another part of the world.
Kind of hypocritical when you served in the armed forces but you object to the protection of our own borders, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM
 
4,802 posts, read 3,136,719 times
Reputation: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Kind of hypocritical when you served in the armed forces but you object to the protection of our own borders, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 2,794,599 times
Reputation: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Kind of hypocritical when you served in the armed forces but you object to the protection of our own borders, isn't it?
No, not at all. Border security IS a CBP job, not Arizona's police force.
and, did I SAY I objected to protecting our borders? NO.
You're trolling for an inappropriate response but you won't find one here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Keonsha, Wisconsin
2,480 posts, read 2,794,599 times
Reputation: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You know where that belongs don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,112,272 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Kind of hypocritical when you served in the armed forces but you object to the protection of our own borders, isn't it?
Kinda stupid when you can't tell the difference between a hostile enemy and an immigrant, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Kinda stupid when you can't tell the difference between a hostile enemy and an immigrant, isn't it?
Kinda stupid when you can't differentiate between a LEGAL immigrant and an ILLEGAL immigrant, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,112,272 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Kinda stupid when you can't differentiate between a LEGAL immigrant and an ILLEGAL immigrant, isn't it?
Of course.

But no one on this thread appears to have that problem.

next question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 AM
 
Location: central Oregon
1,856 posts, read 2,025,508 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Kinda stupid when you can't tell the difference between a hostile enemy and an immigrant, isn't it?
Kinda stupid when you can't tell the difference between an American Citizen and an ILLEGAL ALIEN!

(Sorry, Kele beat me to it.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,145,712 times
Reputation: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The link was there THE UNCONSTITUTIONALITY OF THE 14th AMENDMENT
Again, no it was not ratified by 3/4ths of the states.

28 Senators were not allowed to vote, and the Southern States had bogus appointed governments. Appointed by the Federal government. Which in itself was unconstitutional.

Yes it was; Sovereign Citizen Conspiracy theories will not help your argument about the 14th Amendment. As can see by the crap you just copied and pasted, the root of the claim has association in hating all kinds of idiotic theories and targets "Jews"

Its nothing more than racist propaganda from extremists who think they can claim something without any evidence to back up their claims

The southern states? they engaged in what amounts to treason at the time:

This one, for instance, is a particularly stupid argument. "Article V provides: "No State, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate."

They started the civil war and lost the war, so they lost their voice for a time. However, it didn't STOP them from ratifying the amendment, as seen by Alabama and Georgia

The entire 14th Amendment/Sovereign Citizen BS came up because of people who didn't like the Civil Rights Era, so that blacks (slaves) could not gain citizenship.

You support a conspiracy theory with another conspiracy theory, oh the surprise

the 14th Amendment Deniers , were proposed by Racists, NOTHING more.


Yes, we now see what you use to support your claims; Claims by racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top