U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,151 times
Reputation: 117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Pregnant women from all over the world are coming here..did you know that ? It's not just Mexicans.
I don't care if they're from Pluto....it should apply. At least one U.S. citizen parent or no citizenship!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
 
Location: TEXAS
378 posts, read 356,941 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so to enforce our immigration laws is turning one's back on Hispanics? WTH? What does that say about Hispanic citizens that they will punish the politicians at the voting booth for not allowing entry into our country by their ILLEGAL ethnic group? Just who is their loyalty to? Doesn't appear it is to this country and its laws.

Mexican's country is Mexico, not the USA.
That one bold highlighted sentence is right on!

Their "loyalty" and "allegiance" is to . . . THE RACE . . .

La Raza says it all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:20 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Not supported by any history or claims by the writers.

The 14th Amendment was to guarantee citizenship to those born within our borders and those who go through the naturalization process.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It was born, however to allow blacks who were slaves to gain citizenship due to the North Winning the Civil War.

Because blacks were not considered citizens but property at the time, the writers of the amendment needed to legalize their status and making them citizens. Their children could be afforded citizenship at birth.

However, nothing prevented these slaves from returning back to their home country if they chose to do so.

So, by your definition, the slaves were using their children as "anchor" babies as well.
You're wrong. The exact meaning of the 14th was posted in here by one of the writer's of the 14th many times. This amendment was made to protect the rights of the offspring of black Americans, not illegal aliens. No, their children were not anchors because of the above. Never was it intended to extend our citizenship to the offsprings of those who jumped our borders illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:24 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47449
certainly our current immigration laws are not working. something must be done to stop the low wage black market labor fueled by section 8 food stamp medical and Welfare supplementation.
AZ should be commended for making an attempt to do what
DC refuses to address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:27 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,151 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My "papers" are always with me because it is required that I show one of them if I make a mistake driving. The other is also a card like my DL which is like my Master Card and it is proof of my birth being registered by my parents. I don't think any illegal citizens have "papers" like that but some do have access to all kinds of illegal "papers", even DLs.

One of the worst decisions my state representative ever made was that in order for illegals in Kansas to buy auto insurance they needed DLs. This guy was an old student of mine from high school but his mother influenced him more than I did and he was a liberal thinking Democrat.

You people keep howling papers and I have carried mine ever since I can remember. Legal, even in Arizona in August, but illegals have to commit one more crime by "buying" illegal 'papers'.
They HAVE TO buy illegal papers???? Which law is that? What is the penalty for not buying those illegal papers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:54 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,151 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That reminds me of Enoch Powell's "If You Want A N___er For Your Neighbour, Vote Labour!"

And you avowedly "anti-illegal" types claim you don't have your prejudices...
Wel, I'll be glad to admit my prejudices....illegals, rapists, wife beaters, child molesters, murderers, ..the list goes on..... yep, I'm guilty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 08:09 PM
 
Location: TEXAS
378 posts, read 356,941 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post

If people do not like the melting pot we're all in here in America, they can move somewhere else. I didn't volunteer to serve in the Armed Forces for some no account reason, I did it to help preserve our civil rights, and the rights which we all enjoy day after day.
I believe the author of the Arizona Bill should relocate, to another part of the world.

And the "MOST BLATANT HYPOCRITE OF THE DAY" AWARD GOES TO:

Hombre57!!



Congratulations!!



You talk about preserving civil rights, yada, yada . . . what a joke!

You know what, I am a natural born AMERICAN CITIZEN and I have no problem admitting that NO, I don't like the "melting pot" that this country has become, NOT out of any racial biases, but because that pot is boiling over because too many people in this country have spent too much damned time being politically correct while ignoring what's happening in our own backyards.

If you love your country, you take care of it FIRST, and on that, America has failed . . . and now, we are all paying the price.

And just this little FYI for you, Hombre57: That line about if you don't like it, move somewhere else, is lame, trite, tiresome . . . it is used only by those who have no substantive foundation for an argument.

BLEH!!

Now take you trophy and . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:31 PM
 
358 posts, read 332,648 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
They HAVE TO buy illegal papers???? Which law is that? What is the penalty for not buying those illegal papers?
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! I will tell you the penalty.............. The penalty is for them to break their track record of breaking the law, and start to become law abiding (Illegal) citizens!!

On a related topic, have you ever heard of the Mexican matricula consular ID card? I was hit by an Illegal Immigrant a couple years ago (twice in the last couple years now..) smashed into my car. His fault, no drivers license, but he presented me with that ID and insurance papers. Later on I started looking into that, found out Illegals can use it to open bank accounts, get car insurance, credit cards, etc. Also found out the Fed's are giving Illegals TIN's so that they can pay into the system. is there really a need for rampant identity theft? just a thought..

Background on Mexican matricula consular illegal alien ID card in Colorado - CAIR - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,732,598 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Nope, I didn't. Perhaps in a clan meeting?

Maybe you missed that meeting. You should tell them to keep you better informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 PM
 
14 posts, read 6,149 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
And just this little FYI for you, Hombre57: That line about if you don't like it, move somewhere else, is lame, trite, tiresome . . . it is used only by those who have no substantive foundation for an argument.

BLEH!!

Now take you trophy and . . .
haha, are you kidding? that's like the right-wing slogan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top