Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Other countries have laws against murder..by your thinking we should not have laws against murder because other countries have these laws. This is twisted liberal logic.

Why should taxpayers pay the bill for the offspring of illegal aliens.
Let's see - demanding that everyone carry their papers at all times and no birthright citizenship - sounds quite French to me.

I didn't know conservatives were such great admirers of France. I could've thought otherwise a few years ago. If they want to emulate those French policies, do they want to emulate French health care policy too?

And it's not like France doesn't have problems with illegal immigration. So obviously those policies don't keep out illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 10:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Let's see - demanding that everyone carry their papers at all times and no birthright citizenship - sounds quite French to me.

I didn't know conservatives were such great admirers of France. I could've thought otherwise a few years ago. If they want to emulate those French policies, do they want to emulate French health care policy too?

And it's not like France doesn't have problems with illegal immigration. So obviously those policies don't keep out illegals.
What line in the bill says that ?

Sounds like you're just parroting Lib talking points.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What line in the bill says that ?

Sounds like you're just parroting Lib talking points.
You have to show your documents if a law enforcement officer stops you under SB 1070 to show proof of citizenship or legal residency.

Just like France.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
You have to show your documents if a law enforcement officer stops you under SB 1070 to show proof of citizenship or legal residency.

Just like France.
You mean if you break the law you should show who you are an dif you are here legally???
The horror.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
If they have probable cause, for example if a cop saw this it would be probable cause to search a car for drugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozk7fnKilU

Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 PM

94 posts, read 69,668 times
This should be made law and at least 25 years retroactive.

I don't want all these Mexicans who have flooded in here to be able to vote. Yeah they can come here to work, not shape our government.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100521/pl_ynews/ynews_pl2192 - broken link)

"The author of Arizona's immigration law told constituents he wants to pass another measure to invalidate citizenship granted to the children of illegal aliens."

This man should run for President.

I do not mind that a child born in the USA to automatically get their citizenship as an american, but not until they reach the age of 18.

Until then they and their parents can go back to the country from where they came from or they can stand in line for legal immigration status.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You mean if you break the law you should show who you are an dif you are here legally???
The horror.
If you don't carry your proof of citizenship or legal residency, you would indeed be breaking their law. Better carry your papers at all times, if you must follow the word. And if I were the enforcer or the law, not even your birth certificate will suffice.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:27 AM

There are far worse countries to be compared to than France. I wasn't comparing Arizona to North Korea or Zimbabwe.

But I was under the impression that conservatives didn't want the US to be more like France. Guess I was wrong.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Sometimes rules get abused. See Wall Street for your proof. So if liberals are crying about the abuse of rules on Wall Street and demanding stiffer oversight, then why aren't you also crying for stiffer oversight of the "anchor baby" rules that are being abused everyday? How much more blatant can it get than an illegal immigrant coming to this country and having babies for the purpose of evading deportation?

Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration