Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Up to 17 states are now filing versions of Arizona's SB 1070 law, the hugely controversial measure to stop and detain suspected illegal immigrants.

Supporters of the Arizona law are delighted at the new efforts to target the undocumented

ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH

Seventeen states now seek Arizona-style crackdown on immigrants | Irish News | IrishCentral
I'm very disappointed to see neither my current state of Kentucky or my home state of Virginia on this list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 02:00 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
I'm not surprised that California has the attitude
is has, however not to see New Mexico

The numbers are sadly shocking !
Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources

Last edited by Mouser; 05-22-2010 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
This is incredible news! Will the radical left marxist democrats instruct their anti-American leftist stooges to boycott these additional states as well? This will take some of the heat off of what the courageous Arizona did to pass SB 1070. Our marxist regime in control must be freaking out.
I 2ed this....To bad Az. had to take the bullet for us all,but we can repay this debt by standing,NOT behind them,but beside them!!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:30 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
It'll be funny to watch L.A. and Berkeley try to boycott them all.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Other states not on your list (that I've read about) that may be adopting the AZ law too, are: CO, FL, GA, LA, VA, WI

Including those states (listed above), and AZ, would bring the total to 24 states (providing the others I've listed pass the AZ law in their states).

Wonder if California will boycott all of those states too? If so, will those states all return the favor to the state of California? Ooooh, feel the love CA! Feel the LOVE!

I feel sorry for the residents in CA because they don't have anything to do with the boycotts. It's the govt. of CA that's doing all of this nonsense.

I have a sister that lives in CA and it's wall-to-wall illegal aliens out where she is. The billboards are in Spanish, the menu's in restaurants are in Spanish, the new telephone book that arrived at her house was in Spanish!

I don't have a problem with folks that come into this country legally, because they at least are obeying (and respecting) our laws. It's the folks that break the laws and enter the country illegally, that I have a problem with -- regardless of what country they come from.

I've read comments from others in this forum that keep asking "why wasn't illegal immigration a problem when Bush was in office?" ...

answer:
It was a problem then, and it's still a problem now. It's not a problem "suddenly", because a Dem is in office. It's just that up until now no one in our Government has had the stones enough to step up and do what the people have been demanding be done, for years now. No one, that is, until Jan Brewer was put into the position of Governor of Arizona.

She did what no one else had the guts to do. I have a HUGE amount of respect for her because she chose to do what was "right" even if it wasn't "popular."

Imagine if all of our Government officials suddenly developed a backbone and a conscience and started doing what was "right" even if it wasn't "popular?"

I'll tell you what we'd have then ... we'd have a Government that was OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people -- FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

I'd really like to see more politicians elected that aren't afraid to uphold the laws of our country. I don't care what party they belong to, if they're honest, they have my vote and my financial support.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:50 PM

364 posts, read 244,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I 2ed this....To bad Az. had to take the bullet for us all,but we can repay this debt by standing,NOT behind them,but beside them!!
cali will go down insted
no bullets for az

Old 05-22-2010, 03:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Texas ? Rick Perry won't sign that...
Things change.....It's OUR way or the highway.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
This is great news, too see how many States not join in agreeing with Arizona. Unfortunately the morons running my state of CALIFORNIA, Morons, i will say it over and over again, are not on board, they have too many sticks up their --- to do something right for Californians. I am just so sick of those in Power in my State, too bad, most of the morons supporting, them can't grasp what it means to get on board with Arizona, Morons ignorant, and stupidity, are some of the words to come to mind, and most of the people I know or are friends with, Support this also happening in our State, Those in power need to get their ----- voted OUT.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It'll be funny to watch L.A. and Berkeley try to boycott them all.
boycotting is childs play. Any state that tries to do this will only be punishing themselves.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:16 PM

If more states keep joining the list following AZ, all of the illegalls will end up in 1 state.....quess which one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration