U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM

364 posts, read 184,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes when Reagan gave them amnesty they all promised it would be the last time. Reagan said giving them amnesty was the thing he most regretted during his presidency.

I am an independent, but it is a sorry state to see how far we've sunk in these last years. This movement with our jobs going overseas and the push to pull in illegals has been going on for a long time, and it's all to fill the coffers of major corporations. Much of the illegal money is not even spent here. It goes back home to help families - probably to help more to come here.

We cannot allow this to happen again. Washingon promised it would never happen again and we must hold them to that promise.

There are enough poor in our own country without importing them, thank you.

We are now seeing a lot of black families that have successful lives. Many, like Oprah, are telling those that are not doing well to push harder and to help themselves. But the jobs that were opened to the poor to pull themselves up have now gone to these imported people.

So now we have a whole new group of people who are complaining of racism. Well, I don't think we are buying that story any longer.

At what point does our government finally say 'No?'
when ilegals gripe bout racsism
i laugf at em
maybe they shoiuld go back home
if they are so mad bout being treatd
lik dirt here in tha usa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,936,438 times
Yes.
We cannot allow them to set us against each other on this issue. It is too important.

They call us racist. That seems the best they can do. But we are not. We are the American people, of many races, and sick and tired of being played against each other to the advantage of foreign interests.

It is a crime how both parties voted for Nafta and Cafta in Congress and how our jobs went overseas and now the ones that remain will have lower salaries and be taken by imported people whose very presence here is breaking the law.

Of course Congress does not respond to our crisis. They don't care. THe money they get from corporations for their re-election campaigns is more important to them. This aspect of our system stinks and we are being buried by it.

After we get rid of illegals and secure our borders we have to push to do better with the way in which money comes to election campaigning. All our problems, if you trace the threads back far enough, come from this, one issue.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
job 3:25
what obama has greatly feared-- has come upon him.
he has failed to stop mccain and AZ dead in their tracks-- and now they are infecting the other states with the notion that americans deserve protection from the mexican invasion.
the outrage of it all.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 AM

563 posts, read 442,350 times
Glad to see all the other states following Arizona. My hometown of PA is on the list. I am glad my wife and I have agreed to consider moving back to PA and even RI. It will come to Florida only if Rick Scott gets elected. He is running against the state's AG for Charlie Crist's seat. The AG already made it clear that he will not vote for it. This is one of the reasons I changed my party affiliation, so I can vote for Rick Scott in the primary.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:01 PM

17 posts, read 17,398 times
I'm from Texas and Rick Perry does'nt have a chance with this anti government thing... So, he had better vote for this SB1070 law in Texas or the ex Governor will eat his lunch. And I'm not a Democrat, Tea Partier, or Republican. 60% of Americans favor the Arizona bill, over 70% of Texas favor the bill. That's the only way Perry will get my vote. Perry is an incumbant so I don't think that he will win anyway. He's been in too long with a "Business as Usual" attitude and has killed alot of Texans dreams. He's helped the ILLEGALS in my opinion. And like I said, I'm not affiliated with any party. I'm just a TRUE AMERICAN who is pissed off at alot of things. Especailly the things that are making Texas and alot of other states look like a 3rd world country.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM

17 posts, read 17,398 times
Huckleberry:

You just can't blame Obama for everything. Though I admit he is not coming through as he should and as promised. But this crap has been going on since I left the Air Force in 1993. I got back to America for England and thought....OMG.... They've taken over. And everyone was running around like it was normal. Even black people who have been feeling it since they (ILLEGALS) got here. This **** has been happening since Ronald RayGun (I like that) LOL and the Bush's. So there have been Dems and Republicans doing the dirt. But with Concentrated Corporate interests gone amok... no one in the goverment is doing the right thing because of kick backs. Republicans and Democrats alike. The Supreme court even passed a ruling stating that companies are the same as individual citizens thus making it legal for companies to donate as much money as they want in campaing contributions. Now that should tell you who runs america. It would not be a problem if the companies were pro American... They are pro dollar. Who owns the companies... Themselves. They are not hiring, the government is... Now we need the private sector to start hiring to overt another recession (still forcasted).They want to see this president fail. I'm not taking his side but greed has ruined this country. The ILLEGALS are just helping it along. Don't blame one man for the problems of today. AMERICANS must stand up (Not the Tea Party-racist cowards who hide behind guns) but true Americans. The Republicans, Democrats, and Tea Party have done NOTHING for me and the have treaded on me Sir... I don't like any of them. Sorry, I'm ranting on...Just tired of the anti Obama thing. Give me facts not bull****.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,936,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreIllegalsPeriod View Post
Huckleberry:

Lots of good points, there.

You just can't blame Obama for everything. Though I admit he is not coming through as he should and as promised. But this crap has been going on since I left the Air Force in 1993. I got back to America for England and thought....OMG.... They've taken over. And everyone was running around like it was normal. Even black people who have been feeling it since they (ILLEGALS) got here. This **** has been happening since Ronald RayGun (I like that) LOL and the Bush's. So there have been Dems and Republicans doing the dirt. But with Concentrated Corporate interests gone amok... no one in the goverment is doing the right thing because of kick backs. Republicans and Democrats alike. The Supreme court even passed a ruling stating that companies are the same as individual citizens thus making it legal for companies to donate as much money as they want in campaing contributions. Now that should tell you who runs america. It would not be a problem if the companies were pro American... They are pro dollar. Who owns the companies... Themselves. They are not hiring, the government is... Now we need the private sector to start hiring to overt another recession (still forcasted).They want to see this president fail. I'm not taking his side but greed has ruined this country. The ILLEGALS are just helping it along. Don't blame one man for the problems of today. AMERICANS must stand up (Not the Tea Party-racist cowards who hide behind guns) but true Americans. The Republicans, Democrats, and Tea Party have done NOTHING for me and the have treaded on me Sir... I don't like any of them. Sorry, I'm ranting on...Just tired of the anti Obama thing. Give me facts not bull****.
Except for a few cases it is essential, if a Congress person is to keep his job, that he raise money for the next re-election campaign. The system is built to bend to whomever has the most money, and that would be the major corporations.

Even if the people manage to win in a random situation, here and there, in the long run 'they' will win.

We really need to change the way campaigns are financed and pull private money totally away from campaigning.

The airwaves are still publicly owned and companies could be forced to donate free air time to elections before their licenses were renewed.

Everyone has radios and tvs these days. There is no need for candidates to spend mucho dollars holding babies and shaking hands all over the state/country.

The campaign season seems to be getting longer and longer requiring more and more money. We could shorten it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or