U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,165,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Only when I'm driving, which is not every day. I often take the train, bus, bike, walk, or ride as a passenger. If I go for a jog, I don't take my drivers license, what the hell for? Is there license to jog?
It is wise to carry I.D. with you always because if you become sick, injured or worse die how will LE be able to identify you and notify your loved ones?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:16 PM

14 posts, read 6,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
That was a...let's see....communist Russia wasn't it? Under Stalin and Mao about 50 million people were murdered? Now we have our own homegrown marxists here in America?
What about on the right side of things?
Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Pinochet, Allende, Trujillo, and other Right Wing dictators, some US backed?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM

317 posts, read 344,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is wise to carry I.D. with you always because if you become sick, injured or worse die how will LE be able to identify you and notify your loved ones?
Now it's mandatory. Otherwise go to jail. I almost always carry my cell phone, which has the phone numbers of all my loved ones.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:13 PM

358 posts, read 333,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm thinking the people most paranoid about this new law share a house with the "undocumented". Now, where did I put my race card.
LMAO! you keep it in the box under the bed, and only bring it out when there is nothing else!

Old 05-23-2010, 11:19 PM

358 posts, read 333,193 times
Quote:
Now it's mandatory. Otherwise go to jail. I almost always carry my cell phone, which has the phone numbers of all my loved ones.
Then you can call em up, ask them for your SSN, current address, date of birth, legal name, age, etc.. then you can tell the officer that info for him to verify and you will be ok! did I miss somewhere in the bill that said if you don't have your ID on you it's an automatic straight to jail card? does the law not allow them to verify by other means? it's only if you cannot prove you are a citizen and they have reasonable suspicion, right? so if you can verify your personal information and your story sounds good then there is no reasonable suspicion? I have heard the "No ID go straight to jail" comment so many times I am starting to believe it.. can someone clarify this please?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira7 View Post
What about on the right side of things?
Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Pinochet, Allende, Trujillo, and other Right Wing dictators, some US backed?
Well of course. But our homegrown marxists like to accuse people of being nazis but seem to clam up when the subject of Stalin and Mao and the 50 million or so they killed in the name of communism comes up.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:18 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,462,167 times
All these illegal lovers.They look for things to cry about as if it will make american citizens upset...lol The only ones upset are the illegals....they say "everyone will have to carry papers, "everyone is going to be stoped" No brainless just the ones who need to.be.The illegals wouldnt be crying if they too had their papers.......its funny to see all of the creative reasons to cry about the LAW

Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 AM

211 posts, read 465,775 times
Listen, I think this new law is great and the right thing to do. I hope all the states have this new law like Az. illegals are not just mexicans, they come from all over the world, and they are breaking
our law by being here illegally. ( JUST A FACT) Its wrong and everyone knows it. It cost this country alot, in health care, jobs, housing, fraud, not to mention security risks. Our public schools are not the same becasue of it. I say take this country back state by state if we have to.
What do you think other countries would do to an american that got into their country illegally????
they would not be as kind and generious as the U S is. I think it is imature and childish to think other wise.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 AM

1,150 posts, read 992,394 times
<<I often take the train, bus, bike, walk, or ride as a passenger. If I go for a jog, I don't take my drivers license>>

If you were involved in a serious accident, and couldn't speak for yourself, how would you be identified? How would your family br notified?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:09 AM

663 posts, read 1,017,082 times
Quote:
Only when I'm driving, which is not every day. I often take the train, bus, bike, walk, or ride as a passenger. If I go for a jog, I don't take my drivers license, what the hell for? Is there license to jog?

It is reasonable to think that some people would be jogging without their ID's.
As others have pointed out, you'll be fine as long as you can prove who you are. Of course you still would have to be doing something illegal for a cop to run up along side of you and pull you over to the edge of the sidewalk. Perhaps you were jogging recklessly, or didn't use a proper signal when jogging left... (I'm guessing you jog left frequently)

So to sum up:
IF you're out without ID, and IF you're doing something illegal, and IF you get caught doing said illegal stuff, and IF you can't prove who you are, then, yes, you might be in trouble.

Now IF you still are bothered by this bill after you've read it and understand it, well, then perhaps there's no hope for mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration