Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 01:13 PM

317 posts, read 404,734 times

Advertisements

Anyone not carrying proof of legal residency or citizenship will be detained, or possibly be arrested, and turned over to immigration officials. The proof of residency may be in the form of a drivers license, passport, etc.. The only time an officer may request this proof is when they stop you for another reason, such as jaywalking or pointing your finger at a drunk who has made a sexual pass at your 14 year old daughter and warning him he might get hurt.

Last edited by Mrbiggleswurth; 05-23-2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 01:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Anyone not carrying proof of legal residency or citizenship will be detained, or possibly be arrested, and turned over to immigration officials. The proof of residency may be in the form of a drivers license, passport, etc.. The only time an officer may request this proof is when they stop you for another reason, such as jaywalking or pointing your finger at a drunk who has made a sexual pass at your 14 year old daughter and warning him he might get hurt.
And your point is? Most of us do this already.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And your point is? Most of us do this already.
Most of you do what already? Make it mandatory to carry your papers at all times?

Old 05-23-2010, 02:04 PM

358 posts, read 394,952 times
Lol.. you can give officers pertinent information if you "forgot" your wallet at home. IF you cannot remember your SSN, DL#, DOB, current home address, or legal name.. I would hope they would hook you up. The police can find out who you are easily enough.. even without an ID. I was going to return a video to Blockbuster late at night, ran out and forgot my wallet. Got pulled over for a taillight being burned out. explained to the officer I forgot my wallet at home. He asked me a series of questions (DOB, DL number, current address) went to his car and ran it through the database. came back and wrote me a fix it ticket- thats all. There is no "reasonable suspicion" if you are able to give the officer pertinent information that can be verified quickly by the use of computers. Concerning the whole drunk man analogy- if you are breaking Federal (and now state) laws why would you point out another lawbreaker? guess being on the lam has it's drawbacks right?

Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,110 times
Sounds good to me.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:17 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Hey, if you can't walk or drive straight you should be stopped and asked for ID/papers. Especially if you've been getting ice cream with the kids.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Sounds good to me.
There was a country before that made everyone carry papers at all times and a certain ethnic or religious group was targeted. I can't remember who it was.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:41 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,110 times
Quote:
There was a country before that made everyone carry papers at all times and a certain ethnic or religious group was targeted. I can't remember who it was.
If anyone in the U.S. wants to do anything, I.D. is required. Racial Profiling? How about Age Profiling? Have you ever gone in even a grocery store and tried to buy a bottle of wine? "If you LOOK under the age of 30, you will need to present I.D." We all need I.D.

And by the way, a certain ethnic group isn't being targeted. Anyone can be asked and if they are in the country ILLEGALLY, will be detained. I think, "illegally" is a crucial word here, not because of their race or religion or anything else; i.e., the analogy doesn't hold.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:59 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
That was a...let's see....communist Russia wasn't it? Under Stalin and Mao about 50 million people were murdered? Now we have our own homegrown marxists here in America?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
That was a...let's see....communist Russia wasn't it? Under Stalin and Mao about 50 million people were murdered? Now we have our own homegrown marxists here in America?
Mao was Russian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration