U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 11:48 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times

Advertisements

Services (http://hotelmexicanobuslines.com/Services.html - broken link)
Hotel Mexicano bus lines anyone? on Twitpic - Found this picture on the net of it cruising U.S. roads and highways.

I saw this busline in my hometown and said that I was going to do a little research about it to see what kind of business character and trustworthiness it had. To me, companies and services such as this would not be so bad if so much illegal immigration and drugs were not coming from Mexico. However, even if there wasn't an issue of illegal immigration, you are still concerned about who is coming over the border on a bus into your city. On the border of the U.S. and Mexico, sometimes the security workers do not thoroughly check the vehicles coming in. With that said, considering illegal immigration and drugs, you wonder just who is coming into the country, your state and your city on a bus from another country. We know, well some know, that many terrorists from countries that sponsor terrorism are making a way into the U.S. via Mexico. I think that the political correctness keeps people from being weary of these types of things. A lot of people know of the kinds of things that go on with these kinds of operations. Even the U.S. organized crime has shown us that shady things happen behind the scenes of businesses.

But, with all that said, I went to their website and noticed that the city I live in is listed as one of the "frequented" places by this bus line. Our state has over 10% unemployment at this moment and workers are usually the ones on the buses. (Mexican government steps in for workers stranded in Glenwood | PostIndependent.com) Also, the bus line is based out of Laredo, Texas which is pretty much on the border. How easy is it for thousands of illegal immigrants to hop on this bus and hitch a ride into the upper states of the U.S.? And they also list "visa assistance" "Representation of applicant before American Consulate Officers" and "Personal appearance and behavior." Yet, when you look at the requirements to be employed by them, there is no mention of certification to provide that kind of assistance to people. So, just like a lot of companies, you know there is some shady "assistance" going on there. Companies like this need to be looked into by the governments and I really don't understand how during times like this, with the drug issues, unemployment and illegal immigration, that more noise isn't being made about this bus line. In our own Greyhound bus stations too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM

1,787 posts, read 4,798,087 times
Do the people get back on the bus to go home?? I don't know, this looks like another way to get over the border [comfortably] and disappear. Hotel Mexicano Bus Lines frequents the state next to me.

Strange, the hotel advertises it has hot and cold running water and supplies health insurance during your stay. The bus has central air conditioning and the hotel has ceiling fans? $4.60 U.S. dollars/day per person. (nice sun flower bed, too

Old 05-25-2010, 07:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Do the people get back on the bus to go home?? I don't know, this looks like another way to get over the border [comfortably] and disappear. Hotel Mexicano Bus Lines frequents the state next to me.

Strange, the hotel advertises it has hot and cold running water and supplies health insurance during your stay. The bus has central air conditioning and the hotel has ceiling fans? $4.60 U.S. dollars/day per person. (nice sun flower bed, too
No they don't.

Most illegals don't hike for days through a hot desert. Many more ride over in comfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or