Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:44 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
We were in North Carolina and I was so impressed with how hard-working, family-oriented, polite and educated the Mexican people were. My daughter wants to learn Spanish now, and I was pleased at the good examples set by the Mexican children we met. For all of us, our exposure to Mexican culture was the highpoint of our stay.

We also witnessed unbelievable racism, directed at ourselves as well. My daughter was regularly told, "Speak English!" at playgrounds by irate mothers and by children mimicking their parents. What ignorance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 07:47 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Come to Houston and I will take you to some of the neighborhoods the illegals live in..I'll drop you and your family off about 10 pm and at 8 am the next day you can tell me how impressed you are about them...
+1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 06-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Air

150 posts, read 537,934 times
We weren't speaking Spanish. I am an interpreter and I speak seven languages fluently and obviously I wish to impart this knowledge and talent to my child. Yet, people in North Carolina repeatedly told my daughter, "Speak English," and even more inexplicably, "Stop speaking Spanish." To a small child!!! They frightened her! It was obviously ignorant and inexcusable.

I am sorry if you have gang problems where you live. That must be terrible for you. It is such a pity that there is so much hatefulness and violence in US culture. In our anecdotal experience, the racism came from the Americans, and the Mexicans were very kind.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
We weren't speaking Spanish. I am an interpreter and I speak seven languages fluently and obviously I wish to impart this knowledge and talent to my child. Yet, people in North Carolina repeatedly told my daughter, "Speak English," and even more inexplicably, "Stop speaking Spanish." To a small child!!! They frightened her! It was obviously ignorant and inexcusable.

I am sorry if you have gang problems where you live. That must be terrible for you. It is such a pity that there is so much hatefulness and violence in US culture. In our anecdotal experience, the racism came from the Americans, and the Mexicans were very kind.
Ya know, that's all well and good. But what you don't seem to understand is that the problems we now face in Los Angeles are beginning to make their way across the country. Those of you across the U.S. who are not experiencing the devastating effects of illegal immigration need only wait. If this incursion is not stopped, if things do not change, those of us in L.A. and other severely affected areas will sadly be saying, "We told you so." Unfortunately, the problems we face are not singularly gang-related. Oh, we've got 'em alright, but they are, unfortunately, only a small part of this problem.

I am not anti Hispanic. Many of the people I am fighting side by side with against illegal immigration are either legally emigrated Mexicans or Mexican Americans who are first, second, third or more generations in this country. Illegal immigration brings a wealth of problems you cannot even imagine. Are you paying a state income tax? We here in California are. Let me tell you how much of our hard earned money is being used to feed, clothe, educate, give medical care to, and imprison (30% of our hard-core prison population consists of illegal aliens) -- ten BILLION dollars per year. In the last three years, over 65 hospitals in Southern California have closed because illegal aliens use the ER's here like they were the family doctor...and they leave it up to the California taxpayer to foot the bill.

This issue has nothing to do with how nice Mexicans in N.C. may be. The point is illegal immigration is destroying California. Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are not far behind. Your lovely state of North Carolina will not be immune to the effects. I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening. Follow this link and see what kind of immigrant we are dealing with in California. WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com Click on the intro then come back and let me know what you think. I'm interested to know.

Last edited by Kele; 06-15-2007 at 08:19 PM..

Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,832 times
Default doesnt matter

Quote:

Seems there is always a reason not to speak English, not to become legal and to always play the "hard working, family people" card. You might be better off trying to lay that junk on others, it wont work on this site.

Oh and yes this is America and you should speak english.

By the way nothing in your post makes it OK for someone to be here illegally so in the end your thoughts on the people dont matter since they have broke and are continuing to break our laws. I am sure people in LA at one point said the same as you and now Americans are not welcome in one of their own states

Last edited by ducter; 06-15-2007 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-16-2007, 12:09 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,038 times
Quote:

Don't be ignorant. It sounds very much like you do not live in America but another country (or planet). Look at the horrible crime, violence, corruption of Mexico and So. America that never gets better...it lies in the people. Millions of poor with a high number of criminal backgrounds and bad character have made their way across border into CA. Things have gone from good to bad ever since, and it's spreading across our nation.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:52 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,442 times
When in Rome do as the Romans ... when in America speak ENGLISH ... I speak a number of languages too, I work internationally, whoopty-do I speak American-English when in the US and if I go somewhere in the US and they don't speak my native tongue (Heavy draw southern English ya'll) I will tell them once in theirs, learn English or go home, because clearly if you do not speak the language then it's not your home.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:16 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
We were in North Carolina and I was so impressed with how hard-working, family-oriented, polite and educated the Mexican people were. My daughter wants to learn Spanish now, and I was pleased at the good examples set by the Mexican children we met. For all of us, our exposure to Mexican culture was the highpoint of our stay.

We also witnessed unbelievable racism, directed at ourselves as well. My daughter was regularly told, "Speak English!" at playgrounds by irate mothers and by children mimicking their parents. What ignorance!
La Raza Racism at it's finest, Maywood CA

August 2006 - Protest Against the Sanctuary City of Maywood, California - This picture taken by a friend of mine right after I was beaten by these same illegal aliens and their supporters within an inch of my life for the horrendous crime of being white and blonde in Mexifornia--illegal aliens are so kind and set such good examples!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:32 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,883 times
Quote:

Our un-American president says he will veto the new homeland security bill
that is now in congress if it has more money in it than he thinks there
should be .
Of coarse it has more money appropriations than El Presidente wants . He
wants none . More money for security means less illegals and he will not
have any of that .
Impeach this idiot before he has a chance to end his tyrany.
Deport the idiot to his homeland of Mexico.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:46 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,896 times
Smile Let's unite and FIGHT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Speaking of blondes, does anyone know of video from Escondido pro-illegal march where they were carrying signs of a blonde woman with face crossed out and words 'no racism'? I'd like to know who this woman was or was it blonde women in general being attacked? I'm afraid to do my hair blonde for a few years, I see blondes rarely.
Hey, in Orlando, Fl where I grew up, there was a time 1/2 of the people there were blondes or redheads. NOW, they are gone. I am not sure where, but I rarely see them too. I think fear is a reason or people just left the area as they are tired of being targets of racism by "minorities", namely Spanish. I rarely see black people harrassing whites or asians....

And even IF yiou are blonde or redheaded, people walk up to you and start speaking in Spanish EXPECTING you to speak Spanish, the official language of South and Central Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
So they want a fight do they? Well they've got one!!! Alright America
the time to fight is NOW!!! Contact ALL of your representatives
TODAY!!! Politicians are going to give amnesty to 20 MILLION illegal
aliens. This is INSANITY!!!

US Citizens must band together against
the invasion of illegal aliens and make our voices heard! Tell your
Friends, Neighbors, Relatives, BPOE, FOE, VFW (etc.), Fraternity,
Sorority, City Council, Mayor, School Board, Fire Marshall, Code
Enforcement Department, Police Chief, Sheriff, County Board of
Supervisors, Governor, State Senators, Congressperson, Senators and
President - No Amnesty!

No Guest Worker Programs! No Path to Citizenship! No Green Card Increases! No Free Education! No Free
Health Care! No Welfare! No Food Stamps! No Section 8 Housing! No
Anchor Babies! Secure Our Borders Now! Enforce America's Laws! Amend
the 14th Amendment!

CALL, FAX, EMAIL, WRITE (post cards) and VISIT
their offices! The toll free phone numbers to the US Capitol in
Washington DC are: 888-355 -3588, 877-762-8762 and 866-340-9281.

Email congressional staffers:
email Congress Staff Directly - Updated for the 110th Congress

The tip line for ICE / Dept. of Homeland Security to report illegal
aliens is 1-866-DHS-2ICE.

Go to these web sites, join up and send as
many faxes or emails as you can. Pass it along to everyone you know.

Don't wait, do it NOW!

NumbersUSA
Immigration & Overpopulation Issues - Californians for Population Stabilization CAPS
FAIR: : Welcome to FAIR!
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com
Anti-Illegal Immigration Events - Month events

Debunking immigration myths: Debunking Pro-Mexican-Immigration Propaganda

Email your Senator:
U.S. Senate: Senators Home

and Congressman/woman: Congress.org
and The White House: comments@whitehouse.gov
White House phone # 202-456-1111 Comments: 202-456-6213
FAX: 202-456-2461
Contacting the White House

BOYCOTT LA RAZA Corporate Sponsors:
Contributors to La Raza - The National Council of The Race - The Race Industry - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION

Watch these videos about the "reconquista" movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wis3HKrCQHM
The Nation of Aztlan

Video of Anti Illegal Alien protest at illegal migrant encampment.

YouTube - McGonigle Canyon Protest 11-18-06
Jim Gilchrist at same protest.

YouTube - Jim Gilchrist at McGonigle Canyon

Watch as a man exercises his right to counter protest a pro-illegal
alien march and gets pulled from his car and thrown to the ground by
police Illegal Immigrants Are Above The Law

MEXICA MOVEMENT
MEXICA MOVEMENT: Indigenous Liberation for Anahuac
Mexica Movement Audio and Video
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Come to Houston and I will take you to some of the neighborhoods the illegals live in..I'll drop you and your family off about 10 pm and at 8 am the next day you can tell me how impressed you are about them... Thursday one of your family-oriented illegals was aressted for selling his girlfriends 14 and 16 year old daughters to older men.....

educated= they have a 45 to 50 percent high school drop out rate here....

I've even met illegals that are afraid of illegals....
Wow, I thought it was only San Antonio that was THAT bad!! Man, our country is going down the drain. We MUST UNITE AND FIGHT TO SAVE IT!!

GUYS, GIRLS LET'S HIT THE PHONES AND THE WEB! DON'T GIVE UP!! AND MAKE SURE TO VISIT NUMBERSUSA.COM TO FAX FOR FREE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration