U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 PM

8 posts, read 8,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So I guess having weeds over 10 inches or chipped paint on your garage will be sufficient to have the police knock on your door and demand to see proof of residency.

"When we drop out "lawful contact" and replace it with "a stop, detention, or rest, in the enforcement a violation of any title or section of the Arizona code" we need to add "or any county or municipal ordinance." This will allow police to use violations of property codes "

Wonk Room » EXCLUSIVE: Email From Author Of Arizona Law Reveals Intent To Cast Wide Net Against Latinos
How I wish this was true!

We need to use every and all methods to oust and repel all criminal invaders!

They are akin to a nasty cancerous growth on our society!

\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They do that here in Austin Texas! There are code violation vehicles running around all neighborhoods. I got a knock on the door, because My 66 Barracuda, had sat in the driveway for more than 2 weeks.

Neighbor 2 doors down, is constantly getting a knock on the door for their grass being too tall.

They do ask for I'D, and they wear a badge. Code Violation Officer.
Houston too......

Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 PM

378 posts, read 356,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They do that here in Austin Texas! There are code violation vehicles running around all neighborhoods. I got a knock on the door, because My 66 Barracuda, had sat in the driveway for more than 2 weeks.

Neighbor 2 doors down, is constantly getting a knock on the door for their grass being too tall.

They do ask for I'D, and they wear a badge. Code Violation Officer.
More power to them! Our city code violation department is nothing but a bunch of lazy jackasses.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So I guess having weeds over 10 inches or chipped paint on your garage will be sufficient to have the police knock on your door and demand to see proof of residency.

Ok.

Last edited by desli; 05-25-2010 at 06:47 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Wouldn't it be great if the crime in AZ was so low, the police had nothing else to do but enforce the home owner's association rules?
Actually, neighborhood watch groups and HOAs could help flush out drop houses.

Yeah right, the only thing MOST HOAs do is collect the dues.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In regards to using this as an excuse for asking legal status? I am all for it. We have laws for a reason. Not enforcing the law only serves to make those who break them more bold.
Our illegal immigration problem is a prime example of what happens when you don't enforce the law.
I agree, I think they SHOULD do it.

Code violations are the same thing, (on a lesser level), as the whole illegal alien issue: If a person is in legal accordance with code ordinances and immigration, they have NOTHING to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I keep hearing about the police have better things to do. How many homosides happen an hour? Bank robberies, domestic violence etc?
If they are that busy then how do they have the free time to hang out at coffee shops and quikmarts?
We pay them to protect the public, to enforce the law. Its their job.
Yeah, we evidently pay them for a lot of coffee and donut breaks and to park their vehicles behind buildings, thinking they're out of sight, so they can do whatever it is they do when they are supposed to be protecting the public at large.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:05 PM

For all this hoopla about racial profiling and now the code ordinance enforcement:

Ain't it a hoot how SO many hispanics who do NOT want to be stereotyped and "profiled" are the ones who have the cars up on blocks and ratty sofas on their porches, with peeling paint and weeds everywhere, and 12 people living like rats in one house?!

I detest how anyone tries to interweave "racism" through the topic of ILLEGAL ALIENS.

But facts are facts - ILLEGAL ALIENS are criminals. They commit a crime when they cross the border.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that some people all but put out a giant NEON SIGN announcing who and what they are through the way they act and talk and live.

If you don't want to be labeled as the quintessential stereotypes of hispanic, black, or white trash - DON'T live and act like it.

Abide by the immigration and code ordinance laws and you have NOTHING to worry about.

The only people pissed off by the AZ laws are the CRIMINALS AND RACIST SUPPORTERS. PERIOD.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:06 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
the message should be coming across, illegals leave. there are 49 other states that dont care if you have papers.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM

8,214 posts, read 9,097,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, it is just the pro-illegals making a mountain out of a molehill and grasping at straws. They will say and do anything to make sure that their precious illegals get to remain here.
Lots of people are making mountains out of molehills these days. Sometimes I wonder how many of them are just trolling and trying to see how much 'stuff' they can stir up. After all this time, and all the logical explanations that have been given, it shouldn't still be that misunderstood. I'm not so sure they are "pro-illegal" either. Just crap stirrers.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 AM

358 posts, read 332,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Lots of people are making mountains out of molehills these days. Sometimes I wonder how many of them are just trolling and trying to see how much 'stuff' they can stir up. After all this time, and all the logical explanations that have been given, it shouldn't still be that misunderstood. I'm not so sure they are "pro-illegal" either. Just crap stirrers.
I dunno about that I see a lot of people on this forum that are "pro-illegal" try to justify their points with less than credible articles, and opinion. I would not say they are trolling- there is just nothing else for them to prove their "feelings"..

Originally Posted by californio sur
Iceman is a total troll who is only intruding to bad mouth California [no interest in the topic, he is here merely to cause trouble!!

And if you call them out... this is all they can resort to. Badmouthing you on other threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or