U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 PM

438 posts, read 435,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
So what! I was forced to show my birth certificate to get a drivers license. The race baiters need to shut the heck up!
What a stupid analogy. Everyone has to show some form of ID to get a driver's license. Truck drivers in general or just drivers in general aren't required to show Birth Certificates.

People on the right screaming race baiters are usually the ones who are racist and pissed off that racist behavior is being called out. You like to refer to Obama as "Hussein Obama" so we know who the race baiter here is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:46 AM

4,028 posts, read 6,222,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
So what! I was forced to show my birth certificate to get a drivers license. The race baiters need to shut the heck up!
That's not the same thing at all, you going to some place is not the same as you getting stopped and handcuffed because you don't have your birth certificate on you. Because you don't keep it with you at all times.

I can't believe you're actually trying to use that poor comparison to this! And you have the audacity to say race baiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The pro-illegals are jumping to conclusions as usual without having all the facts. I remember the incident somewhat and U.S. Customs was involved. Indeed there was more to this story and it wasn't cut and dried like the pro-illegals try to claim.
How and where? This happened before the law went into effect, it will only get worse. No need to make things up here. Well, maybe the Republicans because they don't have an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Oh cry me a river. The law doesn't go into effect until July.

Can anybody say "I want my 15 minutes of fame"?

By the way, did anybody get a load of that accent? Sorry, but that just doesn't scream "Born in the USA."
Maybe that's because you're from a state that has less people than the city of Portland and it's not very diverse.

And you just proved a point: You cannot tell if someone is a citizen by looking at them or hearing them talk!

Way to go for racial profiling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
strange last time i cruised i was asked to show birth certificate. was i supposed to feel humiliated and morally outraged? btw i speak spanish.
Again, you going somewhere by choice is not the same as this man doing his job.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 AM

2,470 posts, read 2,019,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
How and where? This happened before the law went into effect, it will only get worse. No need to make things up here. Well, maybe the Republicans because they don't have an argument.
How do you figure it will get worse? Local LE doesn't run the wiegh stations but, if they did, AZ law states that LE must assume a person is here legally if they show an AZ driver's license.

Quote:
And you just proved a point: You cannot tell if someone is a citizen by looking at them or hearing them talk!

Unlike federal law, the AZ law doesn't allow for profiling, it specifically states color, race or country of origin CAN NOT be ised to establish reasonable suspicion.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM

10,720 posts, read 16,836,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
This happened over a month ago, about a week after the law was signed, and there hasn't been anything since. He says he showed his social security card (and CDL) but his wife said she had his SS card at home. So how could he show it to them? She brought it, and his birth cert. from home. I'll agree that it wasn't fair of ICE to do that but I think there might have been more to the story. ICE doesn't make it a habit to profile people. In fact, you're lucky if ICE bothers to pick up people who actually ARE illegal, unless they are a proven criminal.
He didn't say he provided his SS card. He said he provided his SS#. He had a valid driver's license and a SS#....end of story. He was obviously racially profiled because he spoke poor English. My guess is ICE thought this guy stole someone's identification because he spoke poor English and basically looked like an illegal to them so they wanted to see that he had a hard copy of a birth certificate.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:02 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
That's not the same thing at all, you going to some place is not the same as you getting stopped and handcuffed because you don't have your birth certificate on you. Because you don't keep it with you at all times.

I can't believe you're actually trying to use that poor comparison to this! And you have the audacity to say race baiter.

Maybe that's because you're from a state that has less people than the city of Portland and it's not very diverse.

Again, you going somewhere by choice is not the same as this man doing his job.
Show in the Arizona law where it says that proof of legality in this country is only satified by a birth certificate or that a birth certificate must be carried in your car or on your person in case LE stops you.

Who said you can tell by looking at someone or hearing them talk if they are a citizen, legal immigrant or illegal aien? Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

How many days on end are you going to keep saying the same things over and over when all of your concerns have been put to rest over and over?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
He didn't say he provided his SS card. He said he provided his SS#. He had a valid driver's license and a SS#....end of story. He was obviously racially profiled because he spoke poor English. My guess is ICE thought this guy stole someone's identification because he spoke poor English and basically looked like an illegal to them so they wanted to see that he had a hard copy of a birth certificate.
Why don't you contact U.S. Customs to find out the whole story? Or google the story from an unbiased source rather than automatically assuming this guy was racially profiled? Get over the victimhood mentality for Hispanics!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:27 AM

438 posts, read 435,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why don't you contact U.S. Customs to find out the whole story? Or google the story from an unbiased source rather than automatically assuming this guy was racially profiled? Get over the victimhood mentality for Hispanics!

What reason is there to ask a truck driver to show birth certificate?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 AM

10,543 posts, read 11,680,657 times
You're already tried this. This guy was stopped by ICE. The Arizona law is irrelevant to the story. He would have had less intrusion if it had been Arizona law enforcement.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:51 AM

60,095 posts, read 30,599,526 times

He thinks that is horrific, he's going to crap when the law actually takes effect.

Quote:
A Valley man says he was pulled over Wednesday morning and questioned when he arrived at a weigh station for his commercial vehicle along Val Vista and the 202 freeway.

Abdon, who did not want to use his last name, says he provided several key pieces of information but what he provided apparently was not what was needed.

He tells 3TV, “I don't think it's correct, if I have to take my birth certificate with me all the time.”

You don't get to decide what laws you want to abide by.

The law has not changed in over 50 years. If your a legal guest here, you better have your paperwork to prove your suppose to be here. Especially in today atmosphere. You would be stupid and only asking to be held longer than need be.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,031,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're already tried this. This guy was stopped by ICE. The Arizona law is irrelevant to the story. He would have had less intrusion if it had been Arizona law enforcement.
Nowhere in the OP was the Arizona law mentioned. This forum is about illegal immigration, not Arizona law. Not every thread is supposed to be about the Arizona law. Nice way to avoid the topic at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration