U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,935,503 times

Advertisements

Borders are established by wars,bloodshed,treaties,Land being bought or stolen.
We arent giving land back to Mexico and its not to be reclaimed.
Thanks for coming out,good effort...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 11:08 AM

768 posts, read 933,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

How many countries South of US have borders determined by conquest, murder and war? ALL of them. How many countries South of the US protect their borders through immigration laws? ALL of them.
No argument there. Let's just keep on doing things the way we always have, why change now? It's too much work anyway.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 AM

So we are currently using war,murder and conquest??
Not making alot of sense there.The subject is Illegal Immigration in this country.
Not White Guilt 101.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
No argument there. Let's just keep on doing things the way we always have, why change now? It's too much work anyway.
Irrelevant.

What does that have to do with enforcement of immigration laws?

Throw open the border so the world's poor can resettle in the United States?

Sounds like a GREAT plan! Other countries can continue to have immigration policies favoring highly skilled and educated, and we can serve as the dumping ground for the world's unwanted and impoverished. THAT will be GREAT for our country and its people! Is there a petition I can sign to help this happen?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 AM

I like Consents open border plan,i think America needs millions without skills/education.
Especially with unemployment being zero and the USA having a HUGE surplus of money..
And resources.Where can i sign??

Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM

768 posts, read 933,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Irrelevant.

What does that have to do with enforcement of immigration laws?

Throw open the border so the world's poor can resettle in the United States?

Sounds like a GREAT plan! Other countries can continue to have immigration policies favoring highly skilled and educated, and we can serve as the dumping ground for the world's unwanted and impoverished. THAT will be GREAT for our country and its people! Is there a petition I can sign to help this happen?
First, we acquire land by bloodshed and conquest, then once we have it, we make laws saying that nobody else can cross a line that we obtained by bloodshed and conquest. I'm just pointing out that to me the legitimacy of our borders are in question because of the very way they were obtained.

I don't see any difference if a person beat me up and stole my car and then told me it is against the law for me to try and take my car back. Anything acquired by force is a not morally justified acquisition.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM

8,536 posts, read 6,204,189 times
We need a wall like China has, with gun turrents every 50 yards. More funding for Border officers, drones, helicopters, ATV's, night vision gear.

"ILLEGAL" is just that ~~ "ILLEGAL".

Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Well,you are right.Im packing my stuff and headed back to England.
Thats where my people are from and im sure they give me instant citizenship when..
I explain there are no borders.
Im sure the good people of Mexico will head back to Spain.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 PM

10,395 posts, read 8,344,729 times
they only come here to work.....bravo sierra!!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:43 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,201,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
And how were our nations borders established again? Oh that's right, violence and conquest. Well at least for those who didn't agree to give up the land willingly for payment of course.

This is a very dumb reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or