U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2010, 05:51 AM
 
Location: South Portland, Maine
2,356 posts, read 4,941,350 times
Reputation: 1511

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Pierce is not dumb enough to word the bill to say "any brown person". No one crafting a bill in this day and age is that dumb. Whether they say "brown people" or not is immaterial because in practice they and everybody else knows it is mostly brown Hispanics who will be targeted.

NCLR isn't a brown power group, that is just the view of the right wing who hate any non Whites to have representation.
So if there was a large number of purple people with horns on their head running around planting trees in the middle of intersections causing traffic problems and costing taxpayers money because officials were consitantly having to deal with it...

then with your line of thinking any law that say you cant plant trees in the middle of intersections is bias against purple people with horns... even though the law doesnt specificly say that. ???

Maybe we should review all our laws and crime patterns.... god forbid one racial group is overwhelmingly represented when comitting crimes against the state??

 
Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,327,596 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So the fact that the author has ties to Nazi groups does not bother you one bit?

Does the fact that Mexico's President has ties to organized crime bother you?
 
Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,327,596 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Pierce is not dumb enough to word the bill to say "any brown person". No one crafting a bill in this day and age is that dumb. Whether they say "brown people" or not is immaterial because in practice they and everybody else knows it is mostly brown Hispanics who will be targeted.

NCLR isn't a brown power group, that is just the view of the right wing who hate any non Whites to have representation.

Duh,, who should they target? The sad part is we even need to have this discussion. If this were a Canadian border state I just might say its racism, but a state that borders Mexico & see's the heaviest influx of Mexican criminals is justified in targeting Latinos.
 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,386 posts, read 79,598,441 times
Reputation: 38716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
and your point is?

What difference does this make? The law was passed and is needed regardless of the authors connections with whatever. Before I believe the story I would want a little more proof anyway.

Nita
 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,386 posts, read 79,598,441 times
Reputation: 38716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So the fact that the author has ties to Nazi groups does not bother you one bit?
no one said that, and you don't even know if this is true. BTW, he has said and done a couple things I think are pretty nutty, but that doesn't mean the AZ law should not be enforced. Why would you want a bunch of illegals coming into our country and why would you have a problem with us having to show we are legal? NO racial profiling isn't a good thing, but that is not what the law was set up to do..
Nita
 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
 
1,476 posts, read 1,687,502 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
So if there was a large number of purple people with horns on their head running around planting trees in the middle of intersections causing traffic problems and costing taxpayers money because officials were consitantly having to deal with it...

then with your line of thinking any law that say you cant plant trees in the middle of intersections is bias against purple people with horns... even though the law doesnt specificly say that. ???

Maybe we should review all our laws and crime patterns.... god forbid one racial group is overwhelmingly represented when comitting crimes against the state??
Excellent analogy.
 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,140,273 times
Reputation: 453
I just wonder who is spreading the hate of racism?

'Gringo Mask' stirs racial controversy |West Palm Beach News, South Florida Breaking News, Forecast, Video from WPTV

More immature ridiculousness.
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:43 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,090,306 times
Reputation: 957
[quote=PacNW transplant;14338251]Pierce is not dumb enough to word the bill to say "any brown person". No one crafting a bill in this day and age is that dumb. Whether they say "brown people" or not is immaterial because in practice they and everybody else knows it is mostly brown Hispanics who will be targeted.

NCLR isn't a brown power group, that is just the view of the right wing who hate any non Whites to have representation.[/quote]

What a mighty statement of truth...Its not enough to hate the immigrant, their advocates are better than fair game.

..."Strilke at the voice of your opponet, so he may fall mute."
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Reputation: 2130
[quote=1751texan;14348165]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Pierce is not dumb enough to word the bill to say "any brown person". No one crafting a bill in this day and age is that dumb. Whether they say "brown people" or not is immaterial because in practice they and everybody else knows it is mostly brown Hispanics who will be targeted.

NCLR isn't a brown power group, that is just the view of the right wing who hate any non Whites to have representation.[/quote]

What a mighty statement of truth...Its not enough to hate the immigrant, their advocates are better than fair game.

..."Strilke at the voice of your opponet, so he may fall mute."
I don't hate illegal aliens (not immigrants as you erroneously implied), I object to their behavior. I will admit if there is any hate in my heart it is for American individuals or groups that are advocating for law breakers. They are ethnocentric traitors.
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So the fact that the author has ties to Nazi groups does not bother you one bit?
Does the fact that Obama has ties to the weather under ground, the black panthers, and a racist minister bother you 1 bit?
Look deep enough and you will find a skeleton in everyone's closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top