U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What exactly makes you upset about Calderon's speech?
A foreign president should not be addressing America. 10 22.73%
I do not share Calderon's views on illegal immigration. 13 29.55%
A president from a developing country should not be addresing a first world country. 1 2.27%
I want no ties with Mexico. 8 18.18%
Calderon has no business dictating US policy. 7 15.91%
Calderon is demanding immigration rights when Mexico treats them far worse than us. 5 11.36%
I don't care about Calderon's speech. 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:45 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

I couldn't vote. The choices suck. In fact none of the choices were valid.
I'll help you zac.
1. Calderon is a two faced hypocrit neck deep in corruption and has no business judging anyone.
2. Because Mexico is the greatest source of illegals and drugs coming into this country Calderon is the last person who should trash any part of the USA.
or
3. Calderon if your going to talk smack about us then learn to speak the language first Be otch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
making demands for a continued large scale black market labor business in the face of this huge recession. see link..
glimmers-of-hope-for-grads: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/college-education/article/109639/glimmers-of-hope-for-grads - broken link)

Old 05-26-2010, 08:56 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
What Tin Knocker and Kele said, except I don't agree that the law encourages "racial profiling". The law specifically prohibits it.

I didn't vote because there is no choice that lets me say that Calderone has no business telling us how to do things.
Yeah, I didn't vote either.

The choices are misleading and don't really embrace my feelings about the whole debacle.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM

2,847 posts, read 1,850,347 times
This sort of sums things up very well, written by a hispanic.

Take the time to read the entire article, makes a lot of sense.

The negative effects of rampant illegal immigration into the United States - article by Waldo Benavidez - Defend Colorado Now - a Colorado immigration reform organization supporting initiatives and legislation to stop illegal immigration and stop ill

Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 AM

69,275 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Ditto Tin Knocker and Kele!
and another voice agreeing. I couldn't have said it better. He has no business in our business!!!!! His job, among other things should be to keep his citizens in Mexico and make Mexico a country where they want to stay. Instead he would just as soon have them live here, illegally I may add.

Nita

Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Count me as agreeing, too. To take it a step further, no one outside of the state of AZ has any business whining about its laws. If you don't like it, don't go there.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:57 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,732,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I keep hearing that Americans are outraged over Calderon's speech in Congress regarding issues that affect both countries. One of the issues being illegal immigration and the AZ immigration bill that was signed by Jan.

What exactly is upsetting to you about Calderno's speech?

Calderon is a corrupt president from a corrupt failed country whos immigration laws are 10 times more harsh than ours and he comes on our soil and disrespects us! That bum needs to go back to Mexico and not foul our country again. He should also take the anti-American Democrat congress and the traitor hussein obama with him.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Yah wonder how well it would go if one of our politicians addressed the Mexican government and tongue-lashed them on their laws.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM

378 posts, read 356,941 times
OP:

Your poll choices are incomplete AND you should have provided a choice for "all of the above".

Calderon's piece of crap country is just that . . . AND they have an extremely strict set of immigration guidelines.

Therefore, he is a hypocrite in expecting America to not enforce its own (albeit weak) policies, when HIS country would never do such a thing.

As the leader of Mexico, he actively encourages his citizens to cross the border and violate the law.

What if Obama went to Mexico and admonished them for their immigration laws and demanded that they change?

Calderon should NEVER have been allowed to speak before Congress. His appearance there was a disgrace, but the REAL disgrace was in OUR government not only allowing it, but giving him a standing ovation.

Mexico is a cesspool . . . and the scum from that cesspool is leaking into America minute by minute, day by day, year by year, and there will come a time when America is barely recognizable anymore . . .

This will be an even filthier nation of taco stands and dilapidated buildings with peeling purple and pink paint and uncontrollable rates of heinous crimes and diseases. And all the bleeding heart liberals who have aided and abetted will be thrown under the bus AFTER they've served their purpose of being the "useful fools".

Calderon needs to stay the hell out of America and America's business.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:12 PM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Did not hear it and furthermore don't care what he said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration