U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What exactly makes you upset about Calderon's speech?
A foreign president should not be addressing America. 10 22.73%
I do not share Calderon's views on illegal immigration. 13 29.55%
A president from a developing country should not be addresing a first world country. 1 2.27%
I want no ties with Mexico. 8 18.18%
Calderon has no business dictating US policy. 7 15.91%
Calderon is demanding immigration rights when Mexico treats them far worse than us. 5 11.36%
I don't care about Calderon's speech. 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM

378 posts, read 357,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
It's rather obvious from the hispandering standing ovation from the radical marxist democrats that obama knew exactly what calderon was going to say maybe to the point of helping calderon write the speech. You know, to coincide with obama's hispandering agenda Calderon was coached or even told what to say. (case in point obama's scripted staged press conferences)

And the little girl telling Michelle about her mother not having "papers" . . . timed during Calderon's visit to elicit more sympathy.

hispandering . . . exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,753,579 times
Your choices in the poll are not adequate. Calderon is a hypocrite. Does Mexico have sanctuary cites for illegal immigrants? Do you think it remotely possible that Calderon is still alive because he has protection from one of the drug cartels?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:41 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
It's rather obvious from the hispandering standing ovation from the radical marxist democrats that obama knew exactly what calderon was going to say maybe to the point of helping calderon write the speech. You know, to coincide with obama's hispandering agenda Calderon was coached or even told what to say. (case in point obama's scripted staged press conferences)
True. Calderon wasn't addressing the people of Mexico - and those living in Mexico want him to do something for Mexico and it isn't helpful to them at all that he's insisting on the rights of his citizens to break any law of the USA that doesn't suit them. It doesn't really gain Calderon anything to have antagonized the American people the way he did.

I find some of the commentary by the people of Mexico (not illegals in the USA) interesting -- this for example:

Matan a seis en el fraccionamiento Ro Bravo. | Diario.com.mx

rosales
--- Ahhh que bonito empezar el fin de semana con un a masacre...por que nadie protesta por la inseguridad??? No es mas facil portestar lo de arizona. Y vivir en los willows en EL PASO ...verdad alcalde?

"Oh how wonderful, starting the weekend off with a massacre.... and why doesn't anyone protest the insecurity??? No - it's easier to protest about Arizona. And live in the Willows neighborhood of El Paso, right mayor?"

Calderon really needs to do something for the people in Mexico - he can forget the illegals, they don't live in Mexico (yet).

Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
And the little girl telling Michelle about her mother not having "papers" . . . timed during Calderon's visit to elicit more sympathy.

hispandering . . . exactly!
That was a blatant fraud wasn't it. As though a child that young is told by her mother that the mother is here breaking USA laws and doesn't have her papers but demands that Obama give her some. The Mexican first lady should have made it clear to the girl that she would be welcomed back in her own country - but of course she didn't because this was all a one-way sham.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,753,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. Calderon wasn't addressing the people of Mexico - and those living in Mexico want him to do something for Mexico and it isn't helpful to them at all that he's insisting on the rights of his citizens to break any law of the USA that doesn't suit them. It doesn't really gain Calderon anything to have antagonized the American people the way he did.

I find some of the commentary by the people of Mexico (not illegals in the USA) interesting -- this for example:

Matan a seis en el fraccionamiento Ro Bravo. | Diario.com.mx

rosales
--- Ahhh que bonito empezar el fin de semana con un a masacre...por que nadie protesta por la inseguridad??? No es mas facil portestar lo de arizona. Y vivir en los willows en EL PASO ...verdad alcalde?

"Oh how wonderful, starting the weekend off with a massacre.... and why doesn't anyone protest the insecurity??? No - it's easier to protest about Arizona. And live in the Willows neighborhood of El Paso, right mayor?"

Calderon really needs to do something for the people in Mexico - he can forget the illegals, they don't live in Mexico (yet).
Excellent point Malamute. The mayor of Juarez is living in the Willows because Juarez is so dangerous.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Excellent point Malamute. The mayor of Juarez is living in the Willows because Juarez is so dangerous.
Yes, and it seems some of the posters in El Diario lately are less than impressed with their politicians strutting around the USA issuing demands, and also not so impressed with "La Raza" which seems never to notice what happens to their raza back in Mexico.

15 murders in one day - La Raza does not care, could not care less. One offended illegal asked for citizenship status in Arizona and thousands of Mexicans living it up in the USA will get out their flags and protest for all their might.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:03 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,950,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Neither Mexico nor any other country has any business meddling in U.S. domestic policy. Just as we have no right to meddle in theirs.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Wow did you read what you wrote? or do you really believe it? Iraq war is the first thing that comes to my mind....

We have a long history in subverting other governments and their domestic policy. perhaps we need to get our house in order prior to criticizing anothr about his comments.

There should have been an option for not being concerned about his comments... that would be me....

Old 05-29-2010, 11:42 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Wow did you read what you wrote? or do you really believe it? Iraq war is the first thing that comes to my mind....

We have a long history in subverting other governments and their domestic policy. perhaps we need to get our house in order prior to criticizing anothr about his comments.

There should have been an option for not being concerned about his comments... that would be me....
I can't say it did not matter to me. I was not upset but I was sad.
You and I are thinking along the same lines. The US has earned that title for being the country that intervences the most in foreign affairs.

It's the first time it happens here. I think we got a taste of our own medicine.

I just requested to add your option. That's a great idea.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:03 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,365,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Calderon is a corrupt president from a corrupt failed country whos immigration laws are 10 times more harsh than ours and he comes on our soil and disrespects us! That bum needs to go back to Mexico and not foul our country again. He should also take the anti-American Democrat congress and the traitor hussein obama with him.
I totally agree. I think Calderon needs to mind his own business. The worst part of the speech was when the traitor democrats in congress and our traitor Homeland Security Chief gave him a standing ovation.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:44 PM

364 posts, read 184,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I can't say it did not matter to me. I was not upset but I was sad.
You and I are thinking along the same lines. The US has earned that title for being the country that intervences the most in foreign affairs.

It's the first time it happens here. I think we got a taste of our own medicine.

I just requested to add your option. That's a great idea.
tha mexican prez needs to shut up an fix his country
before he busts on tha usa
we dont want his ppl who are ilegal aliens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration