Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What exactly makes you upset about Calderon's speech?
A foreign president should not be addressing America. 10 22.73%
I do not share Calderon's views on illegal immigration. 13 29.55%
A president from a developing country should not be addresing a first world country. 1 2.27%
I want no ties with Mexico. 8 18.18%
Calderon has no business dictating US policy. 7 15.91%
Calderon is demanding immigration rights when Mexico treats them far worse than us. 5 11.36%
I don't care about Calderon's speech. 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:24 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,681 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing that Americans are outraged over Calderon's speech in Congress regarding issues that affect both countries. One of the issues being illegal immigration and the AZ immigration bill that was signed by Jan.

What exactly is upsetting to you about Calderno's speech?

Last edited by zacatecana; 05-26-2010 at 03:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 04:57 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Your voteing choices leave much to be desired.

What I found offensive was that he talked to his citizens, here illegally, in Spanish, telling them how Mexico has not forgotten them & is fighting for their rights. Rights that they dont have in Mexico. Why did he not chastise those people for complicating things between our two nations, why did he not tell them to stop & work towards making MEXICO more productive & a better place to live?

He then goes on to complain about our rights being respected by complaining about the availability of guns near the border, so on one hand he wants America to give his criminals rights his own country will not give them and he wants America to ignore the rights of American citizens so that they are helpless against the tide of Mexican smugglers.

He has alot of nerve to come here & eat on our dime to complain about living next door to the best country on Earth. I guess he'd be happier having a less tolerant country next door, one which did not let millions of people he cannot feed come across the border for a better life. One who might make it a dividing line between the nations or even actually take military action, as I feel we should.

The AZ law certainly is racial profiling, but thats what needs to be done. Its not random racial profiling however. It is what the feds should be doing but refuse to do. Try this sometime, if you are white. Take a trip into mexico. Drive around, find a place to live, take jobs the locals need and attempt to assimilate illegally into their culture. Then see if you get acess to a computer when you end up in a Mexican jail after you are caught with no papers. Try running away from their police or military & see how hesitant they are to shoot. Try finding someone to provide you with medical services or legal services should you get sick or arrested. Try getting them to send English notes home with your kids from school, try getting free English classes for the illegal Americans in Mexico.

Mexico has benefitted from its proximity to the USA since the first day it gained its independence from Spain but has NEVER returned that friendship in kind, always raiding us in one way or another.

Colderon should have been boo'ed off stage by our congress & President and deported on the next flight south, he is no friend to the US, Mexico is no friend to the US and the best thing we could do is cut off relations with them until they realize we are not interested in playing their childish games.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:45 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Neither Mexico nor any other country has any business meddling in U.S. domestic policy. Just as we have no right to meddle in theirs.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Ditto Tin Knocker and Kele!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
In the Poll, I could not pick all 4 choices!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Exactly. Does the poster making the choices have an agenda or something?

Why doesn't Calderon address the problems of his own country before dictating to the USA and he should be very ashamed of himself.

The idiot must not realize his own country has immigration laws that are far tougher than ours.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I keep hearing that Americans are outraged over Calderon's speech in Congress regarding issues that affect both countries. One of the issues being illegal immigration and the AZ immigration bill that was signed by Jan.

What exactly is upsetting to you about Calderno's speech?
Since you are a dual citizen - are you demanding your other country end all it's borders and immigration laws and allow anyone to move there?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
What Tin Knocker and Kele said, except I don't agree that the law encourages "racial profiling". The law specifically prohibits it.

I didn't vote because there is no choice that lets me say that Calderone has no business telling us how to do things.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:15 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
What part of his speech wasn't insulting?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:42 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
The majority of illegal aliens who have invaded this country are from mexico so it in fact could be deemed as racial profiling (another abused loophole) although to me it is not if you look at the reality of the situation. Again, asking everyone to come into reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration