Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What exactly makes you upset about Calderon's speech?
A foreign president should not be addressing America. 10 22.73%
I do not share Calderon's views on illegal immigration. 13 29.55%
A president from a developing country should not be addresing a first world country. 1 2.27%
I want no ties with Mexico. 8 18.18%
Calderon has no business dictating US policy. 7 15.91%
Calderon is demanding immigration rights when Mexico treats them far worse than us. 5 11.36%
I don't care about Calderon's speech. 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:43 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times

Advertisements

Let's see...being critical of us while committing truly brutal acts to illegals in mexico (hypocrisy), telling us how to run our country, encouraging criminal acts, encouraging our government to strip us of liberty with a gun ban...need I go on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Calderon is a puppet. Having worked in Mexico, I saw first hand on how Central Americans were and are treated if they cross illegally. I have a very dear friend who is El Salvadorian and whose brother crossed illegally and was captured by Mexcio's Federal Police. He was beaten and left for dead near the border of Belize by these said police officers(more like henchmen for the cartels). Mexico treats Central Americans like they are animals and this idiot of a President wants to come to MY country and tell me how it should be? I have one American phrase for this idiot....****!
I wonder if the Mexicans treat Americans and Canadians there illegally differently than they treat Central Americans there illegally? I've heard that the military will spray Central Americans with tear gas and chase them down - do they do the same with illegals from the USA or Canada?

I wonder if they might be doing some racial profiling of their own.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 PM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
OP:

Your poll choices are incomplete AND you should have provided a choice for "all of the above".

Calderon's piece of crap country is just that . . . AND they have an extremely strict set of immigration guidelines.

Therefore, he is a hypocrite in expecting America to not enforce its own (albeit weak) policies, when HIS country would never do such a thing.

As the leader of Mexico, he actively encourages his citizens to cross the border and violate the law.

What if Obama went to Mexico and admonished them for their immigration laws and demanded that they change?

Calderon should NEVER have been allowed to speak before Congress. His appearance there was a disgrace, but the REAL disgrace was in OUR government not only allowing it, but giving him a standing ovation.

Mexico is a cesspool . . . and the scum from that cesspool is leaking into America minute by minute, day by day, year by year, and there will come a time when America is barely recognizable anymore . . .

This will be an even filthier nation of taco stands and dilapidated buildings with peeling purple and pink paint and uncontrollable rates of heinous crimes and diseases. And all the bleeding heart liberals who have aided and abetted will be thrown under the bus AFTER they've served their purpose of being the "useful fools".

Calderon needs to stay the hell out of America and America's business.
Thank you for the perfect summary.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,771,075 times
Not sure on Canadians. Americans for the most part, no, but you can face stiff jail time if caught. They will usually work something out (or you can pay your way out) with the American Embassy. Yes, there is racial profiling and anyone who tells you differently has not been to the southern border area of Mexico. The news rarely reports these murders and beatings that Central Americans are handed, as a result of them crossing illegally into Mexico.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:04 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,035,671 times
I requested some changes to accommodate your suggestions. When I get an answer I will post it.

Thanks

In the mean time, I'm not ignoring your posts. I'm reading them. Thank you Tin Knocker, thanks for your honesty Tinman and others for your replies.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:09 AM

That was quick!

Your requests have been added please feel free to vote for more than one option.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,396,092 times
I voted but it only let me choose one.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 PM

I apologize Tin Knocker but I was told the software Is limited and does not allow us to choose more than one.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 PM

378 posts, read 423,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That was quick!

Your requests have been added please feel free to vote for more than one option.

The first option is not really valid . . . foreign leaders can address other nations, they just need to use diplomacy and logic.

Otherwise, you should add the option of: "ALL OF THE ABOVE" because it appears that most who oppose illegal immigration disagree with Calderon for a number of reasons, not just one.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:08 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,629,024 times
It's rather obvious from the hispandering standing ovation from the radical marxist democrats that obama knew exactly what calderon was going to say maybe to the point of helping calderon write the speech. You know, to coincide with obama's hispandering agenda Calderon was coached or even told what to say. (case in point obama's scripted staged press conferences)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration