U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
When you are a person that refers to hard working people as "invaders" it really isn't too surprising that you have never met anyone face to face who is in favor of amnesty as birds of a feather generally tend to flock together.
Hard working people? That really isn't why they come here - there is hard work in their own country after all.

Some might work pretty hard - although they don't really work harder than other people do - but they will work cheaper which is the real reason they're being brought in by the boxcar loads.

Some work so-so -- if you hire a crew, you'd better hire a foreman to watch over them and don't pay them by the hour or they'll take naps.

Some don't work at all. So don't generalize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 PM

364 posts, read 185,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Thieves are hard working also but that doesn't change the fact that they are thieves. These "hard workers" have commited an illegal act and have stolen jobs from "hard working" Americans. Seems you don't care from your post.
ilegal aliens is theives
they need to leav tha usa
an fix up mexico
wich is home to most of em

Old 05-27-2010, 03:13 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,418,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And how does one determine the back taxes? Will they admit that they have been working and not paying taxes for 5 years? Will they admit to a tax debt of 10 or 15G? I seriously doubt it.
Will they admit to ID theft or fraud? I seriously doubt it.
Back in 86, they had to present the documents they used to work, whether false or fraud. This was a condition for becoming legal. Of course it also came with a fine. As far as paying back taxes, I know the current bill states that they must pay taxes in the last two years. I'm sure they will have to pay back taxes for the others. I believe as US citizens, they can make us pay up to seven years back.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:19 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,418,517 times
The two main points of the article are:

90% of Americans want border enforcement.

80% of Americans favor legalizing some illegal immigrants if they pay back taxes and have a job.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,142,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You are such a hypocrite!!!!

This is what you said about the poll when you thought it only supported your point of view.

I guess if you had read the whole results of the poll you wouldn't have made that statement huh?
I am no hypocrite. And I did read the one result claiming 80% would support some gaining legal access with conditions. The operative word is some and looking at the rest of the poll clearly states most do not want it. To me, the result seems ambiguous at that point. Very hard to discern the true outcome when the numbers seem to conflict with the other, yet most of the poll indicate those not in favor. My statements run true from my speaking with those I deal with on a daily basis. I stand by most Americans do not want amnesty.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 AM

23,631 posts, read 31,286,646 times
I change peoples' minds about shamnesty all the time. They are usually against it after I get finished with them!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,702,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This is from the same poll.

80 percent would support it.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...5/25/rel8d.pdf
Too bad that a good majority of those in this country illegally have absolutely no desire to become an American.

Their loyalty is to their countries of origin and that is where they need to go.

Besides, if the American people wanted amnesty for lawbreakers, it would have passed one of the many times Congress tried to shove it down our throats. But what happened? The citizens of this country rose up as one and said NO!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 AM

32,941 posts, read 30,188,716 times
Bizarre data, it also says most don't want to jail people who hire them and most like the AZ law. I find it hard to believe people would allow illegals to stay and like laws to remove them at will? You can't have both.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:32 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Back in 86, they had to present the documents they used to work, whether false or fraud. This was a condition for becoming legal. Of course it also came with a fine. As far as paying back taxes, I know the current bill states that they must pay taxes in the last two years. I'm sure they will have to pay back taxes for the others. I believe as US citizens, they can make us pay up to seven years back.
In 86 we granted an amnesty that resulted in at least 10 million more illegals. Do you really want to use that example?
I am sure they won't have to pay taxes on anything that can't be proven. I am sure that due to the fact that they were never tracked while entering or living here that we can't prove anything.
Obama seeks to reward this criminal behavior its that simple.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:19 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,859,372 times
and the border security is not just about hispanics:::::::::::

Illegal Immigrant Terrorist Somalis Entering United States Through Mexico Quipster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration