U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:47 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times

Advertisements

Americans are awake and speaking; finally being heard.

Quote:
A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey indicates that nearly nine out of ten Americans want to beef up U.S. law enforcement along the border with Mexico. The poll's Wednesday morning release comes one day after an administration official told CNN that President Barack Obama will deploy up to 1,200 more National Guard troops to the U.S. border with Mexico and will request $500 million to supplement current spending for enhanced border protection and law enforcement activities.
Full results (pdf)
Forty-one percent of people questioned in the survey say all illegal immigrants currently in the country should be removed, up 15 points from 2008. And 88 percent say more federal law enforcement officials are need along the border with Mexico, up 14 points from four years ago. The poll also indicates that 54 percent back a 700-mile-long fence along the Mexican border, up nine points from 2006.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Support for border crackdown grows - Blogs from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 AM

Just adding because I have read in here that Fox news is the only news program reporting on this: Now CNN and CBS.

Poll: Most Still Support Arizona Immigration Law - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
This is from the same poll.

Quote:
Would you support creating a program that would allow illegal immigrants
already living in the United States for a number of
years to stay here and apply to legally remain in this
country permanently if they had a job and
paid back taxes
80 percent would support it.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...5/25/rel8d.pdf

Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Thank you blacknight

What most people on this forum fail to realize is that many of us who are in favor of legalizing a segment of the illegal immigrant population are also in favor of border enforcement. We are included in that 9 out of 10!!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 06:34 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This is from the same poll.

80 percent would support it.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...5/25/rel8d.pdf
And how does one determine the back taxes? Will they admit that they have been working and not paying taxes for 5 years? Will they admit to a tax debt of 10 or 15G? I seriously doubt it.
Will they admit to ID theft or fraud? I seriously doubt it.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:50 PM

The proposed amnesty is such a fraud in it's self and will not pass nor be accepted by the American people. I have yet to meet any face to face or even on forums except for the few in here who support it. Usually supported for their own personal gain, certainly not for a people invading this Country.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,276,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
The proposed amnesty is such a fraud in it's self and will not pass nor be accepted by the American people. I have yet to meet any face to face or even on forums except for the few in here who support it. Usually supported for their own personal gain, certainly not for a people invading this Country.
When you are a person that refers to hard working people as "invaders" it really isn't too surprising that you have never met anyone face to face who is in favor of amnesty as birds of a feather generally tend to flock together.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
When you are a person that refers to hard working people as "invaders" it really isn't too surprising that you have never met anyone face to face who is in favor of amnesty as birds of a feather generally tend to flock together.
On the contrary, I've met many people in new lands posing a simple question to them. "What do you think about the current illegal immigration in this country? And how much do you know about it?"

I'll retract my statement in part as I DID meet one person who said it was no bother. I asked her to check around the web and watch the news for one week and then get back to me. She is immensely opposed to illegal aliens currently being here or given amnesty. Knowledge is power. But I think what truly changed my mind was meeting illegal aliens and listening to what they say and how they think. And believe me, being in Houston for the last near year, ha! "Hardworking". They are hard working at raping our generous social service systems and having babies for instant citizenship. But not to worry. All that is changing and they can work really hard in their own country very soon.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Thieves are hard working also but that doesn't change the fact that they are thieves. These "hard workers" have commited an illegal act and have stolen jobs from "hard working" Americans. Seems you don't care from your post.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
You are such a hypocrite!!!!

This is what you said about the poll when you thought it only supported your point of view.

Quote:
Americans are awake and speaking; finally being heard.
I guess if you had read the whole results of the poll you wouldn't have made that statement huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration