Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Mass. GOP senators push illegal immigrant measure - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20100525mass_gop_senators_push_illegal_immigrant_m easure/ - broken link)

Sentiment against the criminals continues to rise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 08:23 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mass. GOP senators push illegal immigrant measure - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20100525mass_gop_senators_push_illegal_immigrant_m easure/ - broken link)

Sentiment against the criminals continues to rise.
As it should.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:20 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
I'm a Massachusetts Democrat. They just talked about this on tonight's news and it was voted down. Some opponents said that those in favor of this bill were racists and white supremicists (sp?)and Nazis!!!!

The news report also said that 70% of MA residents are IN FAVOR of cracking down on illegals, as they SHOULD be. I'm not against immigration at all. I am against ILLEGAL immigration. It is wrong.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Me again -- all that bill was going to do was to make sure ILLEGALS didn't get freebie benefits. Well, they already don't get those benefits so this thing is just a joke. They can't get food stamps here, I know that for sure. Apparently the Republican bill is just for show. We really need to do something to crack down on illegals BEING HERE and getting JOBS.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Wait untill they stop spending hundreds of billions of dollars on unemployment -- and Americans have to watch illegals arrive and get all the government handouts.

Right now, a lot of people still don't care because they figure the government has endless wealth to hand out to all who want in on it - including those just arriving from across the border. If government spending cuts should happen - watch out.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
What we need is a spy video of someone pretending to be an illegal immigrant and asking if there are "ways" to get social services... I be willing to be there are loop holes, perhaps getting food stamps through their anchor babies or something... or maybe identity theft... there are probably ways around it and there is probably no system to check if you are an illegal or not...

Old 05-26-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What we need is a spy video of someone pretending to be an illegal immigrant and asking if there are "ways" to get social services... I be willing to be there are loop holes, perhaps getting food stamps through their anchor babies or something... or maybe identity theft... there are probably ways around it and there is probably no system to check if you are an illegal or not...
There was an article in the paper here a number of years ago of Catholic nuns "charity work". It consisted of finding loopholes in the laws for illegals and getting them onto welfare programs.

You sure can bet on it - illegals show up here not speaking a word of English and next thing they're living in hog heaven getting every kind of welfare handout known -- they're getting all kinds of help accessing those programs.

Of course word spreads -- they tell each other about the great land of food stamps, free babysitting at the Head Start, WIC, free housing, EITC and all the rest.

They're smart - they know very well how to receive the EITC checks from the IRS. Many get them - and I found out one way they do.

All it takes is to find a low wage green card holder, use his name on birth certificates and he claims the children - claims child credits and whatever he can claim. The EITC check can be split with the biological parents -- so everyone cashes in.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM

378 posts, read 424,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Me again -- all that bill was going to do was to make sure ILLEGALS didn't get freebie benefits. Well, they already don't get those benefits so this thing is just a joke. They can't get food stamps here, I know that for sure. Apparently the Republican bill is just for show. We really need to do something to crack down on illegals BEING HERE and getting JOBS.
What about fake IDs and fraud & identity theft among illegals? And studies show that they receive more government benefits than they pay in taxes. The problem isn't just illegals "being" here . . . it's what they do after they arrive.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
They sure do get food stamps. And all the rest.

Or why else would they be taking the low paying jobs that no American can live off and be having the largest numbers of children?

One baby and they get all the government handouts they could have ever dreamed about.

Or why else do you think pregnant unwed girls and women make it over the border just in time to deliver their babies? And so many have babies within months of arriving here. That sure isn't because they intend to do all that hard work and pay high day care costs here so they can work.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 PM

346 posts, read 708,952 times
Quote:
I'm a Massachusetts Democrat. They just talked about this on tonight's news and it was voted down. Some opponents said that those in favor of this bill were racists and white supremicists (sp?)and Nazis!!!!

The news report also said that 70% of MA residents are IN FAVOR of cracking down on illegals, as they SHOULD be. I'm not against immigration at all. I am against ILLEGAL immigration. It is wrong.
Opponents of illegal immigration believe that every American opposed to illegal immigration is a racist xenophobe. When in doubt and you possess no articulate or educated response, just throw the race card. That shows real class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration