U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,022,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
The Administration will do nothing as they have so far. All they seems to be able to do is support a foreign president from a corrupt country coming here and telling us what to do, insulting us and then applauding him. Not to mention bashing one of our own states trying to do what the feds wont. I am now 100% convinced Obama and his cronies are not for what the majority of Americans want. They only want more potential votes from the Hispanics and illegals ( by giving them amnesty). The administration is completely disgusting.
Obama is nothing but a lackey for that Bolshevik looney George Soros! God I'm to the point that I'm wishing we had a military government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 PM

8,307 posts, read 9,179,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
The Administration will do nothing as they have so far. All they seems to be able to do is support a foreign president from a corrupt country coming here and telling us what to do, insulting us and then applauding him. Not to mention bashing one of our own states trying to do what the feds wont. I am now 100% convinced Obama and his cronies are not for what the majority of Americans want. They only want more potential votes from the Hispanics and illegals ( by giving them amnesty). The administration is completely disgusting.
What makes people think that illegals even CARE about voting in this country? Do people think that they will manage to get a voter registration card and be taken under the wing of a Hispanic American, or other legal, and be told HOW to vote, or what? I just really have my doubts that any illegal, and even most legals, even give a crap about voting in our government. Hispanic Americans, yes, but not even all of them. And, for that matter, not everybody in this country even bothers to vote even though they can. I think America is pretty apathetic about it really. The biggest complainers I hear from haven't voted in years. And they are my friends who give me crap about HOW *I* vote because they wouldn't have. Well, they didn't!

Amnesty didn't work in 1986 and I don't see how it would work any better now. I hope, hope, HOPE they don't offer it again....

Old 05-28-2010, 01:15 PM

8,307 posts, read 9,179,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The devil is in the details.

Will an illegal here for 15 years be actually claiming full income, including cash under the table and paying every dime of back taxes plus interest and fines owed?

And if they committed felony document fraud and ID theft and used a stolen social security number, the only fair thing to do is send them to prison - because plenty of Americans are in prison for felony document fraud.
Any illegal who has been here for 15 years has had plenty of time to get 'legal' and become a citizen. If they haven't done that in 15 years they have NO interest in doing so and should be deported post haste. Paying 15 years worth of taxes, etc.?? Impossible for them.

I agree about the prison sentence BUT our prisons are so over crowded now I'm not sure it's the BEST idea. OTOH I have no viable suggestions either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration