Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:58 PM

1,089 posts, read 653,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yes they are against securing the borders.

obama did it because of the controversy not any other reason he has 2 years to do something but he wanted the Hispanic vote so he took a side seat to it all. but, he is dropping so far in the polls he needs to try to reclaim some of the numbers and he has 2 years before the Hispanic vote will matter.
I think the Arizona law and the support the Republicans are giving it, will do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 06:18 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,530,354 times
1200 troops===1 person every 1.6 miles to protect the border

Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
<snip>Again, the democrats and obama are on the WRONG side of the issue, as they usual are.
So let me get this straight, do you think all of those 1,023 adult Americans polled
were Repukes, or anything other than democrats?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So let me get this straight, do you think all of those 1,023 adult Americans polled
were Repukes, or anything other than democrats?
What?

EVERY poll has basically the same results - a wide majority of Americans approve of the Arizona immigration law, want the border secured so no more illegals can traipse across and infiltrate the US and many are against amnesty.

What point are you trying to make?

Quote:
No it wasn't, its a good used of the troops, they not border guards. BTW, your adding of the word "MASSIVE" to CNN's headling didn't go unnoticed.
Notice too, that the CNN story was speaking about "more federal law enforcement officials are need along the border with Mexico."

You spin so hard, you make me dizzy.
hilarious! What pro-illegal good news do you find in the poll?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
We don't even know what they are going to do there yet, do we? If this is a just dog and pony show, let's see the media report it.
Dog and pony indeed.

US troops won't be used to stop illegal immigration: US

Quote:
US National Guard troops being sent to the Mexican border will be used to stem the flow of guns and drugs across the frontier and not to enforce US immigration laws, the State Department said Wednesday.

The clarification came after the Mexican government urged Washington not to use the additional troops to go after illegal immigrants.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Looks like no help for illegal immigration.

US troops won't be used to stop illegal immigration US

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Sorry didn't see your post before I posted.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:43 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,531,606 times
Yes, again this administration believing us to be placated with a scrap of lip serviced meat.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,735,527 times
I guess the OP and immigration hardliners didn't read this part of the poll.

Quote:
Eight in ten also support a program that would allow illegal immigrants already in the U.S. to stay here and apply for legal residency if they had a job and paid back taxes.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Support for border crackdown grows « - Blogs from CNN.com

Isn't a program like this what you conservatives call amnesty?

Quote:
Sanrene : 57% also support Arizona's law, 71% support employer crackdown.

Again, the democrats and obama are on the WRONG side of the issue, as they usual are.

I beg them, I plead with them, please, please, please PUSH your amnesty ideas and keep on knocking Arizona.

Oh and please DO have your DOJ challenge the law.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I guess the OP and immigration hardliners didn't read this part of the poll.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Support for border crackdown grows « - Blogs from CNN.com

Isn't a program like this what you conservatives call amnesty?
The devil is in the details.

Will an illegal here for 15 years be actually claiming full income, including cash under the table and paying every dime of back taxes plus interest and fines owed?

And if they committed felony document fraud and ID theft and used a stolen social security number, the only fair thing to do is send them to prison - because plenty of Americans are in prison for felony document fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration