U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:12 PM

515 posts, read 607,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Yeah but just about everyone can see it's a political ploy so they can say "look what we did, we sent troops to the border (never mind the fact that they just sent some National Guardsmen to play secretary and map reader to the Border Patrol) now let us ram through amnesty".

Wake me up when they send 250,000+ real soldiers from the regular Army with orders to perform actual border security operations and directly engage any drug cartel forces found on our side of the border.

It really is a scary situation when our chief puppet and his masters act like they think we are ALL stupid enough to fall for this token measure!

"Smoke and mirrors"? Why hell, they don't even bother with such tactics any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM

2,243 posts, read 3,457,836 times
1,200 troops...wow -- congratulations for conceiving a defense even less effective than the Maginot line...

Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM

470 posts, read 962,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
It coincides with the immigration debate.
The US is already in a low-level conflict w/ Mexico over immigration and drug trafficking.While I don't think the that troops will do any good,I DO think that Mexico needs to step their enforcement activities on their side of the border.
That would make extra support on the US side irrelevant.

And,if I remember correctly, everybody was up in arms after 9/11 about sending troops to BOTH borders.
I guess it's all about TIMING..and who does it.
Right?

Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 PM

2,243 posts, read 3,457,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
It really is a scary situation when our chief puppet and his masters act like they think we are ALL stupid enough to fall for this token measure!
Well, they'll certainly get away with it, as more Ameritards care more about who won on American Idol than what's happening to the country their forefathers bled for.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:18 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,780 times
This is just another perfect example of a dog and pony show with absolutely no effective enforcement from an inept dog and pony community organizer in chief. Did the community organizer in chief ask permission from Calderon? Hell yeah. A minimum of 10,000 NG troops should be PATROLLING ARMED along the border to create DETERRENCE from the unwanted uninvited illegal border jumper breakins.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,780 times
This is just another perfect example of a dog and pony show with absolutely no effective enforcement from an inept dog and pony community organizer in chief. Did the community organizer in chief ask permission from Calderon? Hell yeah. A minimum of 10,000 NG troops should be PATROLLING ARMED along the border to create DETERRENCE from the unwanted uninvited illegal border jumper breakins.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post

"Smoke and mirrors"? Why hell, they don't even bother with such tactics any more.
Obama never even said it's to enforce the borders and stop millions of people crossing illegally over the border.

It's most likely for the same reason the Mexican side is militarized now. The people from across the border are packing up and heading over to the USA, running from their cartel enemies.

Spill over violence is around the corner, and these people want protection. There are threats being made to them by their enemies who know full well where they've gone.

It isn't going to impress them when the same thing happens to them here that would have happened to them back home - and the cartels don't stop because there is a border - the border they own.

Protection for the cartel "refugees" is all this is.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,471,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Probably a move made to appear "tough" on immigration so the Amnesty can be pushed through..
Im not sure if he can somehow pass Amnesty but if he does the backlash will be HUGE.

Exactly ! I have noticed that now when you see them loading up their buggies at wal mart they are not so loud and pushy . Most have several kids and drive off in the new cars that helped to ruin the economy , want a credit card, just sign your X on the bottom line, need a new car and home you can't afford even with all the jackpot benefits compliments of Americans the Reagans,Clintons , Bushes and Obamas will take care of it . They love giving away other peopels money and country .

Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm glad at least one other poster knows what I am referring to.

+1.

Is that when Clinton and the UN made claims of genecide and bombed nationals for months to give another nation over to radicals ?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They will think whoa better than going to Afghanistan. LOL

I guess anythign is better than dodging bullets and not being able to return fire !

WE NEED AIR ,WE NEED AIR as they were all killed because of ammo toting civilians in the battle .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration