U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:07 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,444,911 times
Reputation: 1619

Advertisements

On memorial day when we honor our people who gave their all for this country and its laws I think it will be best if the illegals stay behind doors on this day. It offends Americans citizens because our war dead died to STOP people like you from invading us,,,,Its disrespect for us to even see you,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,465,983 times
Reputation: 540
I agree while they send our young off to war, they load up our nation with criminals and in some cases the enemies they are fighting !

I had a few speakers at a tea party mention this 2 ww11, and 1 Nam vet , They are more than likely on the terror watch list now . But still clinging to their 'guns and religians' and gating to see the foreign flas flying all over their nation .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 PM
 
11,145 posts, read 13,535,459 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I agree while they send our young off to war, they load up our nation with criminals and in some cases the enemies they are fighting !

I had a few speakers at a tea party mention this 2 ww11, and 1 Nam vet , They are more than likely on the terror watch list now . But still clinging to their 'guns and religians' and gating to see the foreign flas flying all over their nation .
The fundamental problem with your argument is that people have said the same thing about new immigrants to this country since it was founded.

The Germans, the Irish, the Polish... they were all cast as ignorant, lazy, criminals stealing our jobs by a decidedly xenophobic segment of society.

Today, those immigrants are simply seen as Americans. I'm not saying I agree with illegal immigration, but these arguments were worn out 150 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 AM
 
Location: TEXAS
378 posts, read 357,031 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The fundamental problem with your argument is that people have said the same thing about new immigrants to this country since it was founded.

The Germans, the Irish, the Polish... they were all cast as ignorant, lazy, criminals stealing our jobs by a decidedly xenophobic segment of society.

Today, those immigrants are simply seen as Americans. I'm not saying I agree with illegal immigration, but these arguments were worn out 150 years ago.
First of all, the poster to whom you refer does not seem to be making the "argument" you claim he is . . .

However, to address what you posted: America is a melting pot, no doubt. But illegal immigration has NEVER been acceptable, and I'm sure there were any number of "ignorant, lazy, criminal" Germans, Irish, Polish, etc., etc. who should never have been in America.

The xenophobe argument is, imo, truly worn out, trite.

For the majority of Americans right now, it is NOT about xeno/racism . . . it's about adherence to the law and respect for the land.

And the truth is, America does not NEED any more immigrants to this country - legal or otherwise.

There is NO more room at the inn . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,293,306 times
Before you post, think whether your post will actually contribute to the thread. "Smart" one liners and "witty" comments about grammar are not on topic, anywhere.
Just felt I needed to make this clear, some of you don't seem to grasp the concept.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Staying behind closed doors?
Now all of you know where I stand on illegals but lets be serious here.
They need to shop, they need to eat, they have children who like to play outside. How do you know that the family in question is an illegal? So how does it offend anyone?
Let the illegals enjoy our holiday. Maybe they will learn to respect our culture enough to second guess committing the crimes they commit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
I only have a problem with those illegals who are here, by illegal means, no matter what Nationality they are, by illegal means, i have a big problem. But to tell People to stay inside, is just crazy, they too have families. I do have a problem however with those illegals who are here, that don't respect our Culture in any way, i have a big problem with this, and with those that choose not to learn our language which by the way is ENGLISH, my Ancestors had no problem at all, learning the ENGLISH LANGUAGE, infact they were only too happy to be here in this Country, that they learned English before anything else. If any of you have gripes at all, the People you need to take out your frustrations on, is our Federal Government, who seem not too have a care in the world, when it comes to the illegal situation, that is so out of control. We all think we have answers to this problem, we are ------ off, mad, as hek, but we need to let our voices be heard, and if our voices our heard, and this situation, is still ignored, this Country, is more stupid then i think. Then do we the People even matter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Murika
2,526 posts, read 2,503,251 times
Reputation: 1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
On memorial day when we honor our people who gave their all for this country and its laws I think it will be best if the illegals stay behind doors on this day. It offends Americans citizens because our war dead died to STOP people like you from invading us,,,,Its disrespect for us to even see you,,
Best to put them all in some kind of Ghetto until we can determine what our final solution should be....

I also think that all Brits need to stay inside on Independence Day - those losers. I find it offensive that they feel the need to be here after trying to oppress us for so long.

There are very reasonable arguments regarding illegal immigrants - but statements like this are obviously pure nonsense and show not much more than thoughtlessness, a lack of reasoning ability, or simply the need to make some noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,145,245 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
On memorial day when we honor our people who gave their all for this country and its laws I think it will be best if the illegals stay behind doors on this day. It offends Americans citizens because our war dead died to STOP people like you from invading us,,,,Its disrespect for us to even see you,,
Ya know, I have mixed feelings on this thread. On one hand I strongly agree but only because some other factions (political or religious) would jump up and yell this same thing; "your presents is disrespecting our **** (I added the asterisk)."
On the other hand I feel like this is a bit over the top we shouldn't sink to the level of sheeple but rise up to be leaders and lead by example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The fundamental problem with your argument is that people have said the same thing about new immigrants to this country since it was founded.

The Germans, the Irish, the Polish... they were all cast as ignorant, lazy, criminals stealing our jobs by a decidedly xenophobic segment of society.

Today, those immigrants are simply seen as Americans. I'm not saying I agree with illegal immigration, but these arguments were worn out 150 years ago.
So what how LEGAL immigrants were viewed at one time? They aren't viewed that way today and what has this to do with ILLEGAL immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top