U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
 
10,713 posts, read 11,412,857 times
Reputation: 4751

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The source on the link is: US Citizenship and Immigration Services, field report, 2000.
The numbers may be under-reported but give a basis for comparison between states. I suspect the 10 top order hasn't changed much.
I agree, and being 10 years later, i wouldn't doubt if those number have doubled or tripled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,850,347 times
Reputation: 1741
Texas has a BIG problem with illegals but no one seems to care.
1,041,000 Texas illegals

yesterday the San Antonio police department held a press conference to denounce the Arizona Law.

makes we wonder just how bright the local PD really is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA
160 posts, read 131,991 times
Reputation: 90
In NOVA we have our share here. And in the Richmond area I don't think it's a huge problem down there either. I've encountered a few in Maryland (If you count that as a southern state)

But they aren't a problem to me. Not like they are damaging property or causing a ruckus. If they were, they would have been dealt with accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
In NOVA we have our share here. And in the Richmond area I don't think it's a huge problem down there either. I've encountered a few in Maryland (If you count that as a southern state)

But they aren't a problem to me. Not like they are damaging property or causing a ruckus. If they were, they would have been dealt with accordingly.
I have never had a relative murdered either but I would still fight to make sure that killers either get life or the death penalty. We are all in this together as Americans and afterall this is our country even though we only occupy a small part of it. Even though illegal immigration hasn't affected some areas like it has others we should all be concered about it and make sure that these illegals are deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
In NOVA we have our share here. And in the Richmond area I don't think it's a huge problem down there either. I've encountered a few in Maryland (If you count that as a southern state)

But they aren't a problem to me. Not like they are damaging property or causing a ruckus. If they were, they would have been dealt with accordingly.
I must tell you, you are gravely mistaken. Illegal immigrants are a big problem in the DC/MD/VA metro area. Even more so in Montgomery County, MD as I believe it's a sanctuary county.

Dealt with accordingly? That's a big fat no. There are cases of illegal aliens committing multiple crimes and has never been jailed or deported. They are also drug mules, and they bring drugs into your community.

The only thing that's been done was the work of councilman Corey Stewart. He kicked illegals out of Prince William County, VA. See Violent Crime Rate Plunges 36.8% in Prince William County | CoreyStewart.com (http://coreystewart.com/blog/violent-crime-rate-plunges-36-8-prince-william-county - broken link). I think you can learn a few things here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Reputation: 30382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
I must tell you, you are gravely mistaken. Illegal immigrants are a big problem in the DC/MD/VA metro area. Even more so in Montgomery County, MD as I believe it's a sanctuary county.

Dealt with accordingly? That's a big fat no. There are cases of illegal aliens committing multiple crimes and has never been jailed or deported. They are also drug mules, and they bring drugs into your community.

The only thing that's been done was the work of councilman Corey Stewart. He kicked illegals out of Prince William County, VA. See Violent Crime Rate Plunges 36.8% in Prince William County | CoreyStewart.com (http://coreystewart.com/blog/violent-crime-rate-plunges-36-8-prince-william-county - broken link). I think you can learn a few things here.
As someone who just moved from Northern VA after six years. I can vouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 06:21 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Oh my gosh, it is big in the South. Georgia, Tennesee, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida. Georgia has a lot of illegal immigration in Atlanta, or did have that, Tennesee is known to have illegal immigration all over, North Carolina is known for it in Greensboro, Florida obviously in Miami and all over. Even Louisiana has some areas where illegal immigrants find comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 07:47 PM
 
364 posts, read 184,317 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Oh my gosh, it is big in the South. Georgia, Tennesee, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida. Georgia has a lot of illegal immigration in Atlanta, or did have that, Tennesee is known to have illegal immigration all over, North Carolina is known for it in Greensboro, Florida obviously in Miami and all over. Even Louisiana has some areas where illegal immigrants find comfort.
damn
ilegals need to go home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
Reputation: 1619
We are flooded with them here in charlotte NC...and they arent here pickin friggin fruit.....When I had a roof put on my house I told the guy "If I even see anyone working here that looks hispanic ,YOU WONT GET PAID UNTILL YOU SHOW ME THEY ARE DOCUMENTED" It what we all need to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,465,553 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have never had a relative murdered either but I would still fight to make sure that killers either get life or the death penalty. We are all in this together as Americans and afterall this is our country even though we only occupy a small part of it. Even though illegal immigration hasn't affected some areas like it has others we should all be concered about it and make sure that these illegals are deported.

Many so called Americans hire them and make money off their labor . Many here are probably some of those who do this . They are not goign to admit it though . They will sell their childrens future down the line for a profit today and claim they are just being ' compassionate' to those who steal across the borders .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top