Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I say, Deport those in favor of illegals too.
If only that were possible. Aren't there laws against treason in this country? There use to be anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM

14 posts, read 17,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Our country is our home. The terminology may be different for each improper entry but the action is the same.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If only that were possible. Aren't there laws against treason in this country? There use to be anyway.
Isn't it funny how things that "Use to be" just up and fade away?..

Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
There are a very small population here in Ft. Knox and Louisville, Kentucky. Western KY, Shelbyville, and Lexington from what I hear have more problems with them. Gov. Beshear is very indifferent towards them.

Virginia has a major problem with them. In particular, Northern VA is very overrun with them. The new governor McDonnell is pretty much ignoring the issue even though he supports tougher laws against them.

North Carolina was a sanctuary state for them. They have toughened up on them but it may be too little too late.
Actions indicate that Burlington is a ‘sanctuary city' | burlington, letting, department - Letters to the Editor - Burlington Times News

The city in the article is where I work. And while it was an editorial by this person, I have had three separate friends tell me over the last three years they have encountered problems with the police in dealing with illegals in this city. Just last week friends of mine were rear ended at a stop light. The police were called and the other driver did not have a license, but he did have insurance. He spoke no English at all. The cop was even reluctant to issue a ticket to the other driver. See, then he would have to bring him to the station and do paperwork. Two other drivers, both of whom were Hispanic stayed and waited as they witnessed the accident. They were told to leave by the cop and he said he didn't want their statements. The last I talked to them, they were still waiting for the police report so they could get things rolling on getting their car fixed.

Now our county sheriff is just the opposite. He takes no prisoners! And he will be returned to office in November!

Just another example of the garbage we have to put up with. And I will tell you that every construction job and road work repair we have going on around here employ two kinds of people. White men operate the eqipment. Hispanics do the work. Are all of them illegal? Probably not. But I am sure others have tried for these jobs. Seems contractors only go for one group.

This is what's so frustrating....

So yes. They are a big problem in North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration