U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,092,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I respect the "Office" as well. But, in regards to illegal immigration, the last two occupants of that office have done next to nothing to earn my respect. The current "resident in chief" has done more to damage whatever vestiges of border enforcement this country has left.

A president cannot earn respect unless he represents the best interests of this country and Her citizens.

Shrub failed, and Barry continues to pour salt on the wound.

JMO

BL
You're right borderlord. I get sadder by the day when I see the highest elected office of this land, the congress, and the senate all being complicit in raping this country. It just astounds me. And folks, this is not a Democrat or Republican issue with me; both parties have contributed to this. George W. Bush did as much to promote this as anyone.

It's so obvious what they are doing (to me anyway), but they get a free pass by the mainstream media (complicit also).

Conspiracy? 15 years ago I would have said "go to hell!" But these days... What is the explanation other than that there is an agenda to push this country into third-world status?

I'm puzzled. I am genuinely puzzled why our elected leaders (on both sides) are willing to sell this country out. And we have a bevvy of citizens willing to march in lock step with them all.

God help us. Please.

Last edited by buzzpost; 05-29-2010 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 02:47 PM

706 posts, read 796,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, you have my response all wrong, I guess I need to clarify a few things: There are very few people in leadership posititions I respect less than our President, and I agree he has done nothing. That is my point. Our last 2 Presidents didn't come out and ask us to understand illegals..ok, Obama hasn't either, but he might as have. He seems to think, asking for 1200 border patrol agents, of which many will be office workers will appease the majority, well he isn't appeasing me.

Nita
I did indeed misunderstand Your response.....

My appologies , Nita.....

Regards,

BL

Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,365,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Friday urged the Supreme Court to prevent Arizona from enforcing a law that punishes businesses that employ illegal immigrants, arguing that federal immigration law trumps state efforts.
The administration's views, contained in a new filing at the high court, are similar to concerns President Barack Obama has expressed about a new Arizona law that cracks down on illegal immigrants.

SNIP....

Administration seeks employer sanctions review - Politics- msnbc.com

I am so pissed right now......just what the hell else can this sonofabitch do to undermine this country....

I hope the SCOTUS shoves this right up his A$$

Nice Memorial Day effort by the "poser in chief"

Bastard.

JMO
BL
2012 can't possibly come fast enough. I wish we could impeach this president. Anyone else worried that this administration is going to try to shove amnesty down our throats? I am.

Then they rejected McCain's proposal to secure the border. That is just what we need, more illegals coming into this country to take jobs from Americans. Now, the administration seems to be encouraging the hiring of illegals. Does Obama want to make us into a Third World country?

I don't think this is the "change" the American people wanted. I didn't vote for Obama and certainly won't vote for him in 2012.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:23 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
God help us. Please.
Yes, we need this land blessed once again Power & Greed has taken the highest seat in our Country and the World.

Quote:
If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Samuel Adams, 1776

Old 05-29-2010, 04:41 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,947,293 times
there are a lot of illegals in vegas who hang out on street corners in clusters trying to get jobs..yobs..I mean..
hey mon...I need a yob !

Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 PM

364 posts, read 184,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
2012 can't possibly come fast enough. I wish we could impeach this president. Anyone else worried that this administration is going to try to shove amnesty down our throats? I am.

Then they rejected McCain's proposal to secure the border. That is just what we need, more illegals coming into this country to take jobs from Americans. Now, the administration seems to be encouraging the hiring of illegals. Does Obama want to make us into a Third World country?

I don't think this is the "change" the American people wanted. I didn't vote for Obama and certainly won't vote for him in 2012.
obama scares me an i voted for tha dude
i may be a hilbilly but i stil am american
my ppl came from tha am south

Old 05-29-2010, 05:45 PM

706 posts, read 796,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You're right borderlord. I get sadder by the day when I see the highest elected office of this land, the congress, and the senate all being complicit in raping this country. It just astounds me. And folks, this is not a Democrat or Republican issue with me; both parties have contributed to this. George W. Bush did as much to promote this as anyone.

It's so obvious what they are doing (to me anyway), but they get a free pass by the mainstream media (complicit also).

Conspiracy? 15 years ago I would have said "go to hell!" But these days... What is the explanation other than that there is an agenda to push this country into third-world status?

I'm puzzled. I am genuinely puzzled why our elected leaders (on both sides) are willing to sell this country out. And we have a bevvy of citizens willing to march in lock step with them all.

God help us. Please.

The cost of doing business in todays "global economy" may have something to do with it....

After exporting (or giving away) much of our technology to help other countrys in their development, they used that tech to increase their capabilities which took away our Technological edge. Couple that with Offshoring, NAFTA, etc, and it has become extremely difficult to compete with the likes of china and india....so we have to have a large supply of cheap labor in order to strong profit margin and remain competitive in the world market.

I wonder what would have happened if we had kept all of our technology to ourselves and had never shared it ?

How much of what this country depends on is actually produced in this country?

At one time we could (and did ) survive quite nicely with very little required from the international market.

Could we survive now, or are we more dependent on the "Nanny World Market" ?

Again, JMO...

BL

Old 05-29-2010, 05:52 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
America is the smartest most innovative Country in the World. We did it before, we can do it again. We must first rid our Country from the treasonous leaders selling out this Country, then rebuild her to be the mighty once more. Getting rid of the illegal parasites is a GREAT beginning. Eliminating jobs by jailing those who use cheap labor will do a major part, ending birthright citizenship and securing our borders. Immediately.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:03 PM

608 posts, read 791,332 times
As long as the federal government and major media outlets continue to make most U.S. citizens believe that they're weak, and need the government's help; we'll continue to believe the b.s., and continue to get sold out one piece at a time. We the people of the United States have a responsibility to change the dirrection of our nation when and if the government fails to act within the best interests of its citizens. (That time has come.) We need to stop asking for handouts, stop looking to the big government for most of our basic needs, and stop re-electing the same morons that continue to screw up our laws, our bank accounts, and our way of life. When WE can force our elected leaders to fear US (as they should), then we will finally be able to stop the illegals from invading our nation, and also be able to ensure that employers will greatly fear hiring illegal labor.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:11 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
As long as the federal government and major media outlets continue to make most U.S. citizens believe that they're weak, and need the government's help; we'll continue to believe the b.s., and continue to get sold out one piece at a time. We the people of the United States have a responsibility to change the dirrection of our nation when and if the government fails to act within the best interests of its citizens. (That time has come.) We need to stop asking for handouts, stop looking to the big government for most of our basic needs, and stop re-electing the same morons that continue to screw up our laws, our bank accounts, and our way of life. When WE can force our elected leaders to fear US (as they should), then we will finally be able to stop the illegals from invading our nation, and also be able to ensure that employers will greatly fear hiring illegal labor.
Excellent post!

I look forward to the day when people realize that people do not need to be feared by the government; it should be the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or