U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 AM
 
1,214 posts, read 1,651,659 times
Reputation: 880

Advertisements

A few years ago, I went to Miami on a business trip. And, I came across a part of the city that shocked me. It looked like a 3rd world shanty-town.

And yesterday, I read a news story about how Miami has some animal control people working full time, just rounding up roosters and chickens in the streets!!?....Something like 8,000 of them!!!?

This is how these new immigrants are helping our country?...Turning it into another 3rd world country?...I thought we were suppose to be progressing?..Not going backwards!

I am curious about why we do not see photographs in the newspapers of the changes in these cities, where these new immigrants are changing the environment?...Maybe because the newpapers (like our scurvy politicians) have surrendered to the fact that this country is becoming a 3rd world country?...And, they will not do or say anything to upset these people?

I ask those of you that live in the border areas of Arizona, Texas, And other areas like Florida and California if you will go to these shanty town areas and take photographs?

Maybe we can start a grass roots campaign to show the rest of the country what we are becoming, and what our country will look like in the future...

Let's start an online photo album.

Any ideas on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2007, 06:37 PM
 
Location: I live in the highly over populated city of Denver where the illegals thrive.
24 posts, read 85,193 times
Reputation: 22
Post I think this would be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
A few years ago, I went to Miami on a business trip. And, I came across a part of the city that shocked me. It looked like a 3rd world shanty-town.

And yesterday, I read a news story about how Miami has some animal control people working full time, just rounding up roosters and chickens in the streets!!?....Something like 8,000 of them!!!?

This is how these new immigrants are helping our country?...Turning it into another 3rd world country?...I thought we were suppose to be progressing?..Not going backwards!

I am curious about why we do not see photographs in the newspapers of the changes in these cities, where these new immigrants are changing the environment?...Maybe because the newpapers (like our scurvy politicians) have surrendered to the fact that this country is becoming a 3rd world country?...And, they will not do or say anything to upset these people?

I ask those of you that live in the border areas of Arizona, Texas, And other areas like Florida and California if you will go to these shanty town areas and take photographs?

Maybe we can start a grass roots campaign to show the rest of the country what we are becoming, and what our country will look like in the future...

Let's start an online photo album.

Any ideas on this?
I think tha is a very good idea. I just don't know where to start. The reason why the media doesn't show these images is because they don't want to show the slums of America. It would undoubtedly drop their ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 02:37 AM
 
1,214 posts, read 1,651,659 times
Reputation: 880
Default If you live near one of these border sections, take some photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfiter View Post
I think tha is a very good idea. I just don't know where to start. The reason why the media doesn't show these images is because they don't want to show the slums of America. It would undoubtedly drop their ratings.
A good place to start is by taking a digital camera, and start taking photos..

Do you live in one of the areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 AM
 
Location: I live in the highly over populated city of Denver where the illegals thrive.
24 posts, read 85,193 times
Reputation: 22
Default No border town here

I don't live anywhere near a border town but I do live in a place where the illegals influence all aspects of business here. I live on a very major city street where we have many used car dealerships. Each and every one of them are displaying the mexican flag right along side our prescious Red, White, and Blue. We also have an approximate ratio of 5 mexican businesses to every 1 American or other business. We are waging a major fight against the grafiti that these mexican gangs are littering every square inch of the Denver metro area with. We also no lnoger have a such a thing as a slum lord. They are just the owners of properties that welcome these illegals in. We used to be able to drive through differant sides of town and never tell the differance of whether you are in a low income area or a middle class area. Now it's pretty much the same, it's just that we all look like we live in a low income area. Denver has become a canvas for grafiti and a trash can for the illegals. They are trying to turn Colorado into mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 12:26 PM
 
1,214 posts, read 1,651,659 times
Reputation: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfiter View Post
I don't live anywhere near a border town but I do live in a place where the illegals influence all aspects of business here.... Denver has become a canvas for grafiti and a trash can for the illegals. They are trying to turn Colorado into mexico.
Then take some shots with a digital camera, and send them to me...I will start an album on a blog or something....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 04:20 PM
 
398 posts, read 1,265,908 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
A few years ago, I went to Miami on a business trip. And, I came across a part of the city that shocked me. It looked like a 3rd world shanty-town.

And yesterday, I read a news story about how Miami has some animal control people working full time, just rounding up roosters and chickens in the streets!!?....Something like 8,000 of them!!!?

This is how these new immigrants are helping our country?...Turning it into another 3rd world country?...I thought we were suppose to be progressing?..Not going backwards!

I am curious about why we do not see photographs in the newspapers of the changes in these cities, where these new immigrants are changing the environment?...Maybe because the newpapers (like our scurvy politicians) have surrendered to the fact that this country is becoming a 3rd world country?...And, they will not do or say anything to upset these people?

I ask those of you that live in the border areas of Arizona, Texas, And other areas like Florida and California if you will go to these shanty town areas and take photographs?

Maybe we can start a grass roots campaign to show the rest of the country what we are becoming, and what our country will look like in the future...

Let's start an online photo album.

Any ideas on this?

My fellow, that is exactly what I want the rest of Americans to see. I live in Miami. I am spreading the word, everywhere I go. I don't take pics, but at least talk.

The reason why the rest of the country do not see much attention to something like this, is very simple; because 95% of Americans from Miami have left the city. I have to check the demographic census but something like 85% or more of the population here is hispanic, and of course the vast majority of them fully support the dysfunctional way of thinking. As long as they have their rice and beans and money from the racist gringos, everything is fine for them. The only source left to get the information for the country, is the media; but guess what; 99% of them are a bunch of opportunist communists. So, you will never see the truth UNTIL YOU SEE IT BY YOURSELF IN YOUR OWN TOWN!!! That's what I try to teach Americans!! There are so many Americans right now not paying attention to this immigration problem because they don't care! they are not affected at all by this. And I tell them; The day you see this in your own town, that means 90% of the nation has been already lost. Pay attention now! forget political colors, we can fight each other later and discuss whatever we want later; but in this issue, we are playing with probably the most critical point of the history of The USA since the civil war.

Miami is a complete dysfunctional third world country. If you wanna hear more coments about this, just go to the Miami forum and you'll see; I doubt any other city in the country has so many negative posts.

What you say is true. In fact, where I live, there are homeless cats and dogs on the streets everywhere; and is not that I live in a bad area; is just that the whiole system of the city doesn't work; nothing is enforced, everything work under corruption. People and cops cross with red lights, hit and runs every day, everywhere, people insult each other, they make more lanes than the streets have, something incredible: The big green garbage cans you put outside your house once a week for the city to pick up the garbage, you have to be paying attention to the truck; because after they left you have to pick your can back as soon as possible or it will be stolen. People here actually work stealing private property. People here make business throwing cars to the lakes to claim insurance money.

I could spend one day writing what happens in Miami and probably you'll think "this dude is full of it" but brother, if I post so much here is because I live frustrated in my own world planning and waiting to get out of this town. For some time, I thought I should stay here and fight for this land but alone is impossible. Seems like the law is enforced only for Americans while evil foreign people is allowed to do whatever they want here.

Pay attention to those cities and please realize once and for all that when you look at Miami, L.A., New York, you are actually looking at the near future of America, IF nothing is done NOW. Time is running out very fast so please spread the word! put pressure on everybody to act now!!

please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Midwest
1,903 posts, read 7,166,266 times
Reputation: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Pay attention to those cities and please realize once and for all that when you look at Miami, L.A., New York, you are actually looking at the near future of America, IF nothing is done NOW. Time is running out very fast so please spread the word! put pressure on everybody to act now!!

please...
Tancredo '08!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
 
398 posts, read 1,265,908 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Tancredo '08!

I know Sir. Tancredo is not popular in the short term. But it would be a great American in the books, in the long term. Is very hard to make people see that. They look for popularity, and fix of temporary personal problems. People need to understand that securing the foundation of our country, will be the solid base to fix all the remaining problems in our society; and with the current immigration disaster, we are not only leading the nation without a foundation but worst than that, we are erasing what was created by the founders of this nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Midwest
1,903 posts, read 7,166,266 times
Reputation: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I know Sir. Tancredo is not popular in the short term. But it would be a great American in the books, in the long term. Is very hard to make people see that. They look for popularity, and fix of temporary personal problems. People need to understand that securing the foundation of our country, will be the solid base to fix all the remaining problems in our society; and with the current immigration disaster, we are not only leading the nation without a foundation but worst than that, we are erasing what was created by the founders of this nation.
I don't think he's going anywhere, definitely around for the 'long haul.' Regardless of the outcome of the current race for Presidential office, he is going to be the one-issue Gingrichian advocate for this very important national concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2007, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Midwest
1,903 posts, read 7,166,266 times
Reputation: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Let's start an online photo album.

Any ideas on this?
Next time I'm back home in Michigan, I'll take photos of the US-Canada border. Those Canadians like to come over here and use OUR freeways and shop in OUR malls, because theirs are awful or nonexistent outside of Toronto and Montreal. I think Americans don't appreciate the level of development in this country, even in less populated states.

... I can't handle Canada, which always feel like an undeveloped country to me. I think photos of the Mexican border would blow my mind out ... those that I have seen are very scary.

I've been to Cancun twice with family, and my aunt and uncle went to Acapulco earlier this year. I don't understand the fascination with Canada and Mexico. There's only one country in Canada that I care about. That said, we need sensible trade and immigration policies with both countries, because they are neighbors that are not going to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top