U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,195,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
In the year 2000, there were 1.5 million illegals who entered our country. Now in 2009, there were 500,000. Seems like the illegal problem is getting more controlled. Should we blame Obama for the 500,000? should we credit him with the 1 million reduction? I suspect that posters in this thread would like to charge him with treason for fa*ting in his bathroom and then hang him from the nearest tree, just like the good old days.
No need to throw the race card out there just because Obama is HALF black. Of course Obama isn't totally responsible for the presence of illegal aliens in our country, not by a long shot. Several administrations in the past are also responsible for turning a blind eye to this mess. But he is our current president and he is still promising them amnesty and that is where he is going wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM

12,900 posts, read 7,434,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No need to throw the race card out there just because Obama is HALF black. Of course Obama isn't totally responsible for the presence of illegal aliens in our country, not by a long shot. Several administrations in the past are also responsible for turning a blind eye to this mess. But he is our current president and he is still promising them amnesty and that is where he is going wrong.
Good post, that puts things in perspective. It's congress that makes the laws. Without congressional support he is a lame duck. I agree that as captain of the ship he is held accountable. I don't believe that his actions amount to treason as the OP suggests.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:46 PM

378 posts, read 358,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I don't believe that his actions amount to treason as the OP suggests.
For your throwing the race card into this mix, rightly, I should not even respond to you . . .

But, I CHALLENGE you to DISPROVE - with absolute and indisputable substance - anything stated in my original post.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,102,012 times
If you are going to charge the Obama administration, then why not charge the Judges of the Spupreme Court-past and present? Why not charge all the state representives of each State that have voted to allow aliens benifits in their state? Charge every CEO,CCO of companies large and small that knowingly and repeatedly ignore immigration hiring rules.

To pick and choose is playing games...To not recognize all the participants in your dilema is short sighted.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,967,360 times
however ...many legal citizens are bleeding hearts who welcome full amnesty for the illegals..what do we do with them ?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
however ...many legal citizens are bleeding hearts who welcome full amnesty for the illegals..what do we do with them ?
I wish we could try them for treason and deport them as they are more dangerous than the illegals themselves. Unfortunately, only the former is possible but not the latter and our government lacks the balls to prosecute the former.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If you are going to charge the Obama administration, then why not charge the Judges of the Spupreme Court-past and present? Why not charge all the state representives of each State that have voted to allow aliens benifits in their state? Charge every CEO,CCO of companies large and small that knowingly and repeatedly ignore immigration hiring rules.

To pick and choose is playing games...To not recognize all the participants in your dilema is short sighted.
I say hold them all accountable each and every one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration