U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
So if you want to say "Oh yeah, he's definitely in bed with Obama" as if it's a fact, then you have to explain why you believe this to be the case
Lady Brewer did the right thing.

Since Goddard was on the fence, he's became a liability. By firing him, he loses out on bribes and putting a kink in the path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 07:35 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
getout, the Fox News article says:

--
So if you want to say "Oh yeah, he's definitely in bed with Obama" as if it's a fact, then you have to explain why you believe this to be the case
Well, number one, I don't have to "explain anything", especially if you put words in my mouth. If Brewer, who was actually there, felt he was being disloyal, then her call for placing those she can trust in her court is what matters.

I trust her call just like I trust her signing the much needed bill to pass the law desperately needed to eliminate illegal aliens from this Country.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:55 AM

4,270 posts, read 7,885,000 times
You said: "Did you read the article? The SA sided with the most corrupt politician-obama. That is why Brewer took him off the case." when the article said that she accused him of doing so. There is a difference between those two statements. If you had said "Brewer said that..." then you would have correctly captured what the Fox News article instead. By saying "The SA sided with the most corrupt politician-obama" you are making a judgment that the SA did do that, when the Fox News article clearly said that Brewer accused him of doing that.

And second you say that you trust Brewer. Why do you trust Brewer instead of the attorney general?

See, when someone says something, it is his or her job to back it up. People who write opinion pieces, whether for a school assignment or for the Op/Ed columns, do it all the time. It's not unreasonable to ask people "why."

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Well, number one, I don't have to "explain anything", especially if you put words in my mouth. If Brewer, who was actually there, felt he was being disloyal, then her call for placing those she can trust in her court is what matters.

I trust her call just like I trust her signing the much needed bill to pass the law desperately needed to eliminate illegal aliens from this Country.

Last edited by Vicman; 06-01-2010 at 10:22 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
You said: "Did you read the article? The SA sided with the most corrupt politician-obama. That is why Brewer took him off the case." when the article said that she accused him of doing so. There is a difference between those two statements. If you had said "Brewer said that..." then you would have correctly captured what the Fox News article instead. By saying "The SA sided with the most corrupt politician-obama" you are making a judgment that the SA did do that, when the Fox News article clearly said that Brewer accused him of doing that.

And second you say that you trust Brewer. Why do you trust Brewer instead of the attorney general?

See, when someone says something, it is his or her job to back it up.
Do you have anything to contribute to this article? Your opinion versus trying to tear apart another's post or view? I understand it to be a typical worn out tactic for diversion but do you have anything intelligent that contributes to this? Or are you as bored as you are boring with this conversation?

See, when some one has nothing better to contribute, they try and pick apart others posts.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
actually vicman does have a point. and hes not one of the "IA lovers" either. his reading comprehension skills are pretty on point.

why not engage him in this conversation? thats what these forums are for after all...

anyhow. its always suspect when a politician axes someone or prohibits them from doing their job (as with the SA) over some percieved allegiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Do you have anything to contribute to this article? Your opinion versus trying to tear apart another's post or view? I understand it to be a typical worn out tactic for diversion but do you have anything intelligent that contributes to this? Or are you as bored as you are boring with this conversation?

See, when some one has nothing better to contribute, they try and pick apart others posts.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:31 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
actually vicman does have a point. and hes not one of the "IA lovers" either. his reading comprehension skills are pretty on point.

why not engage him in this conversation? thats what these forums are for after all...

anyhow. its always suspect when a politician axes someone or prohibits them from doing their job (as with the SA) over some percieved allegiance.
Gov Brewer appears to be a very savvy politician. The democratic AG Goddard's fawning over the obama regime would be more than enough reason to remove Goddard from the case. Goddard will likely be running against Brewer for Governor and one just wouldn't expect Goddard to be concerned with making Gov Brewer look good-just the opposite. Seeing how the Chicago thug tactics work one wonders what position in the obama regime Goddard would have been offered to do less than a stellar job defending SB1070 or to even act as a spy revealing important case information? In any event it was Gov Brewers call and she made it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration